jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

The time for America to reap what we have sown...

1. Jason R. Manning profile image84
    Jason R. Manningposted 7 years ago

The time for America to reap what we have sown...

do you think we will be spared from the horrors brought by the first half of tribulation, or do you think we will have front row seats?

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Mr. Manning,

We'll have front row seats. Jesus once said, "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherent the world." I think if you look around, we can both agree America isn't "meek." We've the mightiest military in the world, the ability to destroy everyone, and a quarter of the world's wealth, prison population, and waste generation (although we’re a scant 5% of the human race). We are Rome.

Thanks for the great question (even though it wasn't addressed to me),

Dan

3. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

I do not want to appear rude or insensitive to anyone's point of view or belief system but I would like to answer from my perspective.  I do not personally believe in the concept of tribulation as put forth by many religious institutes or such books as "Left Behind."  I would like to approach this from a philosophical stance however.

If I am wrong and god does choose to judge humanity I do not think any nation would be free from his wrath.  Based on the teachings of the bible we would nearly all be considered sinners and we would feel his wrath.  America is the opposite of meekness; we are full of greedy & privileged individuals with selfish mindsets and actions.   Even our poorest citizens are wealthy by earthly standards and they are just as greedy as the rich CEO's and Politicians. 

To follow the way of Jesus one would work hard but only keep what was absolutely necessary.  One would live in the cheapest shelter they could afford and would eat for nourishment.  All excess income would be used to make the world a better place.  I have met thousands of Christians and though many give their church 10% because the bible says to they do not sacrifice for their fellow humans in the way Jesus would have wanted them to. 

I am not judging anyone I know that I am a sinner and I am selfish.  I am far from a saint so if this tribulation comes to pass I will probably burn.  It will be what it is I am not going to trip off of it.

4. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Please clarify........does "we" refer to Believers or to the USofA.
    This is too important to misunderstand.

5. Jason R. Manning profile image84
    Jason R. Manningposted 7 years ago

Y - this is directed specifically at those who know what is coming, ever watchful of the skies and supposedly diligent in his keeping. GB.

Daniel - Thank you for your contribution, I agree with you, but I am unsure of what will become of the flock.

Mr. B Bad, great answer coming from someone who has conviction but not exactly a follower of the doctrines.  You seem ideal for the cause of carrying human suffering and brotherly love.  Please do not close your door.

6. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think america , like any other country will have it's ups and downs through it's history. like any place else , hopefully america will learn from it's mistakes but all things concidered, it's still one of the best countries in the world .nothing will happen out of the norm but if you want to believe some act of god or something else mythical will happen then i feel sorry for you. worrying about the unreal has to be a rough way to live.

7. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Which country in America are you referring to?  Canada, Mexico, USA, any of the South or Central American countries, or one of the islands?

8. RevLady profile image60
    RevLadyposted 7 years ago

Though I choose not to engage in speculation, I will say, "Have Thine Own Way, Lord."

Closed to reply

working