jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your take on the existance of hell?

1. profile image47
    miltonhowardjrposted 7 years ago

What is your take on the existance of hell?

2. profile image0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

A companion of a newly converted Christian said to him one day, "Can you tell me where hell is?" After a moment's hesitation the young Christian said, "Yes, it's at the end of a Christ-less life." ~ Author Unknown

I wrote a hub on this a couple years ago.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Where-is-Hell

3. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 7 years ago

There are three, each are different, and usually people don't know the difference, because the same word is used for all three. Normally a picture is formed in the mind what it could be, have a read, you will see the distortions

http://hubpages.com/hub/For-the-HELL-of-it

4. Leon Elijah profile image82
    Leon Elijahposted 7 years ago

Hi miltonhowardjr

Seriously, I never give consideration to any place that I myself never plan to visit in this lifetime or the next. It is frivolous, to do so.  So I choose again to restrain my comments to that which is important to me or to those who are going where I am going.

5. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 7 years ago

Jesus and His Disciples taught of an eternal hell as this verse shows:

Mark 9:45 (New King James Version)

45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched.

However a number of  verses in the Bible  indicate that the lake of fire that exists in hell is just one part,the punishment area,of hell.Most importantly,as this verse shows,to escape hell it is necessary to eliminate sin from our lives;only then will asking Jesus through faith in His divinity for forgiveness be acted upon.

6. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 7 years ago

hell is the grave, and no more of God spirit in you and separated from God forever, and the end of your existence.

7. Prophetic Insight profile image80
    Prophetic Insightposted 7 years ago

I would say this to an unbeliever:

Don't believe in hell? You will 5 minutes after you die.

working