jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If one is saved thru Jesus Christ -born again- then why do they- sometimes feel

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

If one is saved thru Jesus Christ -born again- then why do they- sometimes feel God is not...

existing, ? Is that normal?

2. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

The faith can be weak and the evidence not as obvious as they would like... It is normal though because it happens to many and many sermons are dedicated to this subject.

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

@simeonvisser,
    Well then I def feel the devil is doing all he can to attack me, because he knows I want to do alot of good, this I am told alot, that he leaves alone the complacent and tries to stop the active.  I always bounce back, but I don't like these little setbacks. thankyou for your answer, it appears I need to read something spiritual daily and the bible, well I don't always know where to read, so perhaps you could tell me of a good blog or thing to subscribe to? This would be really helpful and I'd really appreciate it, esp if it was on facebook and i could see it daily.
    God bless you :-)

4. Burashka profile image57
    Burashkaposted 7 years ago

It sounds familiar to me, all the god, devil,church and heaven. I was raised in christian pentecostal family, and I went to church every Sunday even Saturday and Wednesday with my parents.

When I grew up I realized that there is something behind all of it and started to look for answers just like you did and I've found mine and I hope you will too.

I want you to watch this video http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com
    and you might find your answer.
    There will be three videos, choose  Zeitgeist: "The Movie"
    and you can watch it right on the site just click on it.

I wish you the best in all your searches for God!

5. profile image0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

Elijah, one of the greatest prophets of the Old Testament after showing how great God is on mount Carmel, ran from Jezebel after she vowed to kill him.  All the time he ran away, and angel was with him.  After he crawled under the juniper tree and requested to die, the angel woke him from sleep to tell him to eat because the journey was too great for him.

Just because you feel that He isn't there, doesn't mean he isn't.  Stop listening to those who tell you He isn't real.  Remain steadfast in the faith.  Paul said, "Remain on the ship and there will be no loss of life, even as the ship was being torn apart." 

http://hubpages.com/hub/From-Nobody-to-Somebody

In the end, it matter not what you did, but who you are.  If you are one of His faithful, you will be well.

6. hillrider profile image60
    hillriderposted 7 years ago

For me the answer is found in Hebrews 11:1 : King James Bible
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

We are able to believe in things despite having PROOF and this is the difference between it being called faith as opposed to seeing or knowing. We are asked to believe and to show this belief by relying upon the faith that such promise exists. If we had to SEE proof it wouldn't be faith.

In the New Testament James tells us (James 1:2-4) what the testing of our faith will provide us and why this must be so. If we are never tested, how shall we ever know if we merely profess our belief or are standing/relying on our faith. Until it is tested and proven we will rely upon it, our faith remains a mere profession of belief.

Hope this helps. You asked in another comment to find a show that could be viewed regularly, on Facebook, perhaps. There IS a link on this page I share that will take you to Facebook, however I am not sure the program itself can be viewed there. I have found this ministry to be very direct, personable and nonconformist in scope. It may not be for you but I personally enjoy watching and or listening, and I have received what was helpful for me when I was looking. I hope it helps.

http://www.joycemeyer.org/

7. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 7 years ago

Fake "born-again experiences" are a common problem primarily due to improper instruction given in many churches and emphasized in some  popular Christian media.I cringe every time Joel Osteen, after asking his viewers to repeat a frankly simple-minded ten word prayer, then states "We believe you are now born-again."

Do not allow deliberately misguided clergy to incorrectly define the term "born-again" for you.Rather accept Jesus' two baptism definition of the term.

John 3:3-7 (New King James Version)

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
    4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
    5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Holy Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

When we receive the Holy Spirit "sometimes feeling God is not existing" no longer is a problem because God in the form of His Spirit walks with us on a daily basis.

Closed to reply

working