jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

why do you follow your religion

1. naijainvestor profile image60
    naijainvestorposted 7 years ago

why do you follow your religion

different people all over the world today have different religious beliefs. why do you believe in what you belive in?

2. arthurchappell profile image37
    arthurchappellposted 7 years ago

The question asumes i believe in or still believe in a reigion. Does not believing count? Having sen so many holes in the beliefs presented to me, I decline to accept them

3. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I have become what Richard Dawkins calls a militant atheist so, if that qualifies as a religion then I'm following it.

I've come to really detest religion as the most extraordinary evil to ever befall humankind and only the coming together and speaking out by those who reject the superstitious nonsense of religions will finally slay the horrors of all religions and free mankind to put their hatred of each others' religions and "holier than thou" attitudes aside.

4. profile image0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

I actually follow Jesus.  I follow Him because He called me out of a life of sin and shame.

5. CarrieG profile image79
    CarrieGposted 7 years ago

It's not religion I follow. Religion has such a bad name and it's not religion that is going to get me to heaven when I die. Religion has caused the seperatin in all the denominations as far as I am concern..(we believe this, we believe that...thus you are wrong in your belife.) I follow Jesus Christ and what is recorded in the Bible to how we are to live.

6. ladyjojo profile image61
    ladyjojoposted 7 years ago

Because of what religious men have turned the holy churches of God into vileness and alot of evil takes place. CHRISTIANITY has been given a bad name that's why some people shun it. What i have to say though I follow Christ. Jesus said that we must take up our cross and follow Him.

The church i attend is the best because my pastor lives what he preaches and we dwell on the absolute word of God. We don't turn around the scriptures to sooth our sinful lives like many has done. God words are true and that settles it.

My Pastor deals with sin in a professional manner calling black black and white white. Regardless if you are Pope, priest or Cardinal you would be corrected of your wrong doings.

We dress modest and He don't beg us for our tithes and offering as MOST PREACHERS DO.

@ Militan Atheist you better become a Militan child of God smile

7. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

I do not believe in a "Religion" I do believe in Christianity which is believing in Jesus Christ, the son of God and the teaching he shared through his disciples in their Gospels and Epistles, as well as the Prophetic teachings by the prophets of the Torrah, since Jesus fulfilled all of those prophesies through his birth, his life, his death and resurrection. This is not a religion it is a belief through faith, proved by spiritual-historic fact.

8. vishal.rossi profile image74
    vishal.rossiposted 7 years ago

i am an atheist....i dont follow any religion b'caz

Religion is hate
    Religion is fear
    Religion is war
    Religion is rape
    Religion's obscene
    Religion's a whore

9. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 7 years ago

I don't follow religion...but I am Christian! I follow Jesus! I believe because in my heart and mind I know. People who don't want in the spirit cannot understand this! That's ok. It's their choice to believe or not to believe. In the end, everyone will see and know the truth. Peace.

10. sturner1 profile image67
    sturner1posted 7 years ago

I believe There is a God everytime I wake up in the morning and look into my daughters face. That I have a vehicle to ride to work in and a job to go to when there are  16,147,000 people in the U.S. for the month of January (only 6 days in) still claiming unemployment. That at the end of the day I can pick my toddler up from daycare where she is learning new things everyday, when in some cultures because she was a girl, she would not be able to learn. I believe their is a God because when I get home, and my family sits down to dinner and a home cooked meal, we have food to eat  when there are 13 million US children who will go to bed hungry that very night. I believe there is a God when I take the clothes off my back to bath in clean fresh running water, when their are people in this world who have to walk for miles to drink fresh water, that some people take for granted every single day, and when we say our prayers at night, we are thankful for our many blessings. So when I see someone in need I help them with whatever change that I can spare, even a kind word, or a reference to a local shelter, because I know that at an instant life can change. I do not follow a religion. I follow Jesus Christ. Man has steered me wrong, but he has not yet.

11. AngusNz profile image61
    AngusNzposted 7 years ago

Humans are community animals, they organise themselves into groups because that is how they survive, group leaders are an inevitable outcome and what they say people believe. The larger the group the more belief there is, and the more resentment it causes. Religion is a large group with large numbers  of leaders advising the lesser community on how to think. That said without religion humans will still argue, Hitler and the second world war was fought as a genetic war where Darwins theories were responsible, the master race etc, so it is just in our nature to lead or follow, group or mob  mentality. People need  to find solace and security, faith provides this, meaning and ambition, ideology provides that.

12. bozo047 profile image58
    bozo047posted 5 years ago

I simply follow my religion because i have deep faith in it.

And i guess everyone follows their religion because they have faith in their god(s) !!