jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What if god wanted there to be more then one way to worship him?

1. profile image45
    cassiecavallaroposted 7 years ago

What if god wanted there to be more then one way to worship him?

What if he put more then one religion on the earth because he mad everyone different.

2. snowdog20 profile image41
    snowdog20posted 7 years ago

Well that depends on which god it is. As we know there are two competing gods on the planet earth. I am sure that the good God of the bible more than likely wants to be worshipped in a loving way, which may in fact be confounded by the other wanna be god, I.E. the devil. Hence the many doctrines we see today. I believe there are Godly people in all faiths, however I believe that ultimately it will come out that there is indeed only one path.

3. mirrored heart profile image60
    mirrored heartposted 7 years ago

The God of the Bible has clearly revealed to us that we are to worship only Him. There are many ways to worship Him but only one God to worship. It is God who created the earth and heavens and knit us together in our mother's wombs. God is our heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, our Savior and the Holy Spirit who is at work in the world convicting people of sin so that they will realize their need for God. What He desires is a relationship with us and worshiping Him is a part of that relationship.  What God calls religion in James 1:27 of the Bible is "Pure and undefiled religion before God the Father is this: to visit the orphans and widows in their trouble and to keep oneself unspotted by the world.”

4. Darrke Thoughts profile image60
    Darrke Thoughtsposted 7 years ago

What if God is too big to be defined by just one religion?

I think we have different religions because, just like you say there are so many different people in the world.  The Bible says God is not willing for any to perish (or not be saved or something like that).  If that's true then it would be strange that he sends all the Angels and prophets to just one small country.  I think that he shows himself to anyone who seeks, anywhere.  I think he answers the questions we ask.

Different religions exist (and different denominations) because different people ask different questions.  The mistatke is that they turn around (or their followers) and institute this "one and only truth, we have all the answers" stuff.

5. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

You speak about things that will never be or can be.Only one path leads to salvation.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

"Remember, a different faith means a different afterlife"  Reverend Lovejoy, The Simpsons

Who says God is a he?  God was quite specific in the book of Exodus upon how he was to be worshiped (e.g. Exodus 23:14).  And the penalty for not doing so... it says so right in the Bible... is death (Exodus 31:14)

Slavery was cool with God:  Exodus 21

7. zzron profile image56
    zzronposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3137213_f260.jpg

I agree with mirrored heart, I don't believe he wanted it that way.

8. point2make profile image82
    point2makeposted 7 years ago

What if He didn't and as His Word says...there is only one way to salvation......then what do YOU do?

Closed to reply

working