One God - One Message for all Mankind

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 57 discussions (339 posts)
  1. profile image54
    (Q)posted 14 years ago

Why is there not one god with one message for all mankind?

Why should there be vast differences between religions where doctrines and dogma conflict and contradict if there is one god? Why should each religion forbid their followers to follow any other religion if there is one god? Why are the vast majority of religions geographically dominant if there is one god? Why are the creations stories of each religion so vastly different from one another if there is one god?

The questions can go on and on as to why the religious map of the world contradicts the concept of one god.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Surely you realize that this question has already been answered for you? Yesterday as a matter of fact. I refer to what Valerie F said when you asked nearly the same question yesterday:

Valerie F wrote:

Just because there may be only one God doesn't mean people can't have a wide variety of beliefs and opinions about God. There is only one you, assuming you even exist, and that doesn't keep people from having differences of opinion or holding contrary beliefs about you.

1. profile image54
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a fallacy and doesn't answer the question at all.

Prove it.

2. Rafini profile image81
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said GlassSpider!  I never would have thought of it that way.  smile

You'll have to thank Valerie for that! I am only the messenger...but I thought it was a great way to say it as well. smile

1. profile image54

It was a fallacy and did not answer the question at all. All religions claim their doctrines contain the word of their ONE and only god, hence the word should be the same for all, yet they are vastly different.

What fallacy? Prove it.

You and I can read a poem and glean from it different meanings because we have two different sets of experience, two different mindsets. You and I can see a movie and each have our own experience of it. Where is the fallacy in saying that if there is one God, each person will have a different experience/understanding of it?

You can SAY it's a fallacy all you want, but that doesn't make it so.

1. profile image54

FYI - The Word of God. This has nothing to do with movies and poems to be critiqued. We're talking about one god who appears to give different messages to different people depending on where they are geographically.

True. The fallacies reveal themselves all on their own. If you don't know what fallacies are, I can provide a list for you. smile

No. We're talking about imperfect people who screw up the message.

BTW: I'm well versed in the fallacies. I don't need your wikipedia list. The fact that you can't even say what fallacy you think it is tells me you're just blowing smoke, as usual.

1. profile image54

So, if the message is wrong because it was screwed up and lost, then all religions are false, yes?

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
                Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

According to most religions, god controlled the given message. If the same god did this, then the messages would be the same, or at the very least, would hold the same values and functions. Discarding the basics such as thou shalt not kill which are obvious to everyone, they do not match up, excepting for where it is clear that one religion stole an idea from an earlier one, and even then they don't quite match.

So when you say all gods are the same, you're saying for example that the same god who told muslims to kill all nonbelievers is the same god who told christians that only believers in jesus christ would be saved, who is the same god who told the jews to NEVER believe in any other god but him, as all others would be false, and also taught them repeatedly to kill all the followers of other gods, who you would now wish us to believe would have been merely worshiping the jewish god but only from a different perspective.

It's a nice idea, your universal god, and I understand that believing in it saves your conscience the dilemna of worshiping a god that sends all others to hell, but when you really stop to look at it and follow the idea through, it doesn't even begin to work.

The only way it works is if you throw out all of the texts. Once you do that there isn't much of god left except for a wisp of a myth.

Personally, I'm for it! What an improvement. There's only one god, but we don't know a single darned thing about him (her/it/whatever). That'd be the trade-off.

You can have a universal god only if you throw out all the texts and systems and acknowledge that nobody knows anything about this universal god at all.

Once you do that, the word god loses all meaning.

So we may as well admit that there's no reason to believe in a god at all.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
              Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But the word has been filtered through human consciousness in every case.  Humans are fallible and when they transmit a message, their choice of words is coloured by their own preconceptions and prejudices. 

You are also assuming that every religion is based on a scripture which truly is the transmitted message of a divine being. 

Today, if someone wrote a book which he claimed was the work of a divine being, we'd probably send him off for psychoanalysis.  So we have to accept the possibility that some sects are built on a book written by someone with delusions of divine inspiration, who happened to live at a time when people were more gullible about such matters.

1. Pandoras Box profile image60

Naw they still do it. What was that one a few years ago? Conversations with God I think it was? People just eat up that kind of crap.

2. profile image0
                Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

which again is subjective. By what delusion or assumption of can one or another claim fact as "he is" or "is not" deluded.
                this is redundant and just plain silly.

if either side of the Ism can provide such grand proof, then why are presently 7 billion human beings in such a condition, not considering all the millions previously.

humans are not fallibly any means!
                they subject themselves to such notions and therefore -like any other slave- labor with the tools they use or are provided.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
                  Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Twenty One, can you write this again in English?  I can't respond to it because I can't understand a word of what you just said.

If you're saying it's hard for a human being to tell whether or not someone is deluded, that's exactly what I was saying.  Therefore it is possible that some scriptures were written by someone who was deluded, not genuinely inspired.

1. profile image0

But we cannot determine that as true or not.
                    Granted, we can assume one was deluded.
                    as I have expressed quite often, this Need To Know syndication -aka consciousness- is where people miss it.

Humans were not designed to be slaves to thought, rather destined to be beyond it. What's beyond thought? Free Will.

3. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was a great answer..

1. profile image54

It's a fallacy and does not answer the question at all.

But, I'm beginning to see that this is the answer preferred by believers because they don't have an answer that wouldn't tumble their house of cards.

It probably should have occurred to me that I wouldn't get an honest answers from believers.

Eh, only if you don't really think about it and follow the thought through to its inevitable end.

1. profile image0

Really??? You have no idea about me or how I think or carry out a concept.....as I said..it was a great answer..Disagree all you want..it doesn't change how I see it..EH..

Think back to Noah's Ark and what happened after the flood.  Everyone was building a tower to reach God, and what was God's response?  To change tongues so nobody could communicate and the tower would not be finished.  Over time the people went their separate ways, because they couldn't communicate with anyone else, and stories of how Earth came to be along with stories of who God actually is, became confused through translation until the written word came to be.

Thank God for Writers!!  smile

1. profile image54

Sorry, but I don't buy that. It isn't convincing in the least considering that the confusion through translation could not have become so grossly misunderstood as to have so vastly different religions.

Of course, that doesn't explain the differences between Christianity and Islam, either.

1. Rafini profile image81

My belief is  - that is how the differences in religion began.  I am sure there were people way back then who didn't want to believe in God either, just because of the fact - Who really knows?  So, stories were made up rather than truth handed down.  This is my belief - I do not agree with organized religion, but I consider myself a Christian.

1. profile image54

If stories were made up and handed down, why would you be a Christian? Didn't you just admit being a Christian is based on made up stories?

No.  You asked about One God = One Message.  I am explaining my beliefs as to why there are so many religions in the world that don't agree. 

Buddhist & Shinto & most of the other Asian religions seem to have nothing in common with Christianity - but do they?  I feel they do.  If not in Biblical Stories, (which they don't have) Then in basic teachings, such as:  murder is wrong, theft is wrong, etc.

How is it that the entire world throughout history has the basic teachings of Christianity in common?  I believe it's because they all originated in the same place & time.

1. profile image54

Those traits have nothing to do with religions, they evolved along with mankind. What about all the other doctrines and dogma that conflict and contradict one another? What about the creation stories? What about prophets and messengers who reveal the word of god to mankind?

History would show that isn't the case, most religions supplant one another over time.

You think the Christian traits evolved with mankind?  Where did they originate?  How is it possible that all corners of the globe evolved to the same state at almost the same pace?  Even in the newest tribe found in South America (?) (in 1980's I believe) have the basic teachings I am talking about.  How, when, where, why did they learn them?  How is it possible for them to know the basic laws of life if there hadn't been a common beginning?

Doctrines, dogma, conflict, contradiction, creation, prophets, messengers - I answered that already.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
                Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nonsense. They have no such teachings. What Eastern religions have you studied exactly to make such a sweeping mis-statement?

Tell me where it says in Shinto teachings that theft is wrong.

Odd that you think it is not possible for us to decide for ourselves that murdering members of another tribe is OK, but murdering members of our own tribe is not OK.

We need a invisible super being and then make followers who will  make stuff up about other religions to back up any argument that it exists.

How very odd. wink

Did you not notice that I said "seem to have nothing in common"? 

It is not odd for me to think that we cannot decide for ourselves regarding murder.  Why do you think laws were created?  Because some people don't have a problem with murdering others while some people never have a murderous thought throughout their lives.

1. profile image54

That only demonstrates that some may follow the word of god while others do not. It doesn't demonstrate why there are so many religions with vastly differing doctrines and beliefs.

And here come the semantics. You said:

Not that you are trying to convert or convince me of anything. lol lol lol

Laws were created so that we can live harmoniously as a group. Not so long ago in the US it was legal to whip your slaves to death if it so pleased you.

But - times change. And the laws change with them. So - we are quite capable of making laws without an invisible super being.

3. Pandoras Box profile image60

Basic ethics are a part of most religions because they are so obvious to humans.

Can't argue that.

after how many years of the existance of religion?  I doubt the basic ethics would exist if they hadn't been put there in the beginning.

Just my opinion.  smile

Ever have children? People aren't as horrible as religion would have you think they are. If Jesus existed, he was just another great philosopher, building on the philosophies of the ones who came before him. It's all any of the religions really are. Philosophies. Some stuff is right on target, other stuff has to get fixed by a new generation.

That's why even you wish to throw out parts of your bible, so that you can pretend there is a universal god.

Your opinion is not worth a great deal. It appears ill-thought out and expressed solely to attempt to convince free thinkers that there is an invisible super being.

Obviously - that is a laughable idea that dates back to our caveman roots.

We have moved on. Sorry. wink

Rafini, it seems that you get your beliefs from organized religion. Your tower of babel apologetics could come straight from a christian website.

Many people say they don't believe in organized religion, but their beliefs come straight from it. They may reject certain aspects of it, compromise others, but the core of their beliefs -(Jesus as savior, the bible as the "Word" of god)- comes straight from it.

It's a viewpoint which is difficult to understand.

The Bible is not organized religion.  The tower of Babel is a story from the Bible, not from the Church.

Some of my beliefs come from organized religion, as I went to church throughout my childhood & teen years.  As an adult, I have thought much about what I learned.  I do not see the importance of Baptism or Communion.  I feel faith & belief are enough - if I'm wrong, maybe I'll go to hell like the Catholics say I will.  smile

The bible was created by organized religion. Sure, sure the various 'books' were around first, as were many others, but the ones which were chosen were chosen and put together by organized religion.

Without the organized religion, jesus would have been just another mythical hero story. A demigod, perhaps, like the heros of many other stories of that era.

I have to disagree.  The Bible was created prior to the organized religion of Christianity, as it didn't exist until after Christ's death.  The Jews followed the laws God had formed for them since the beginning of time, and those laws (along with historical events/stories) were recorded for the entire history of the people. 

So, it seems to me it all comes down to whether or not you believe in God.  I do.  smile

1. profile image54

Really? I thought it all came down to a god that actually exists.

3. tantrum profile image59
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Different religions began because of Money & Power. That's all. It's like a club or a lodge. You sign in, you pay, and you get what you were looking for. Security. lol

4. getitrite profile image69
            getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So what was the original truth?

5. Cagsil profile image71
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Technically, the 'bible' and other ones just like it were never meant to be taken literally. Yes, I'll agree each are stories by other people...however, are you sure you have a grasp on where and what humankind was really doing at that time. Most of the things you'll find in any 'bible' are metaphorical and open to interpretation by others. If you have not a good understanding of ancient history, then other people's translation/interpretation of said book, you would have to accept.
            If you do not AGREE with organized religion, but consider yourself Christian, then I would say you are one seriously confused individual.

Because, you CANNOT be Christian, unless you follow Christian Religious Philosophy. So, please make up your mind whether or not, you are Christian.

As it stand right now, you have a belief in "GOD", but nothing to base that belief on, considering you do not follow Organized Christian Religious Philosophy.

Sorry, that's just the way it is. wink

I consider myself a Christian because I believe in God & Jesus Christ.  As a Christian, I do not believe I have to subject myself to the confusion of organized religion when the Bible has everything I need to know.

2. getitrite profile image69

This story never happened.  It was made up to explain things unknown to gullible and superstitious people.  It is baffling how someone in the 21st century can still believe such nonsense.

3. Obscure Divine profile image61
        Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That story is silly.  If that is true, then why didn't "GOD" have enough sense to know that they would have eventually run out of oxygen, if they kept "building the tower" to the heavens???

3. Pandoras Box profile image60

There is no god. There are many man-made gods.

When the man-made gods were created, humanity consisted of protectionist tribes, so these many man-made gods all have hateful language for peoples of other tribes following other man-made gods.

Because a few of these man-made gods have survived and some people still wish to rely on them today, they have had to come up with a way to reconcile the hateful language with today's more liberal viewpoints.

The solution is a universal god who damns none but loves and saves all. This philosophy allows people to cling to old man-made gods without feeling bad about themselves, so it is a popular philosophy.

The universal god solution only really works, however, if we reject portions of the texts. If we reject portions, we may as well reject the whole thing, and then there is no god left. That is the inevitable result of trying to claim a universal god which believers in a universal god simply don't want to admit.

Hateful language within religion is new to me,  Can you explain where this came from?  Also, could you explain what portions of the texts are to be rejected?

No. I don't waste my time on people who purposely claim ignorance. Even if you have some tangled up apologetics, you know what I'm talking about, as I and others have already stated it.

Play dumb with somebody else.

Very funny. sad   I seriously needed to think about it - I haven't been involved in religious discussions much in my life.

The hateful language, I assume, is posted below.  I have to admit it is a portion I don't understand as to why it is a part of the Bible - unless it is meant figuratively (how many people today say "I'm gonna kill him" when all they want to do is put "him" in his place?)

As for rejecting portions of the text of the Bible, I can only assume you mean the change from following the Old Testament to the New Testament, per the teachings of Christ.  That would take a lot of explaining.

1. profile image0

Putting someone in their place..or wanting to..means the EGO has risen and is controlling the person....The EGO is the real Satan..the enemy..the separation.

but would that be the figurative meaning of the scripture quoted below? 

The EGO as Satan, interesting theory.  smile

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That statement isn't true.  The religious map of the world doesn't contradict the concept of one God.
      It does, however, when other religions like Islam and etc. are brought into it, contradict the concept of one TRUE God.
      Because God is not the author of the Islamic religion nor the other religions except Christianity.
      The Bible says there are "gods many", meaning that people worship many different "gods".   You can make a leader your "god",  you can make money your "god",  you can make Satan or any other angel, fallen or not, your "god".

All other religions besides Christianity are simply feeble attempts to direct worship toward the wrong things.
      And even some sects of "Christianity" are that.

1. profile image0
        JoelMcLendonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A little arrogant there. Christianity has become a cult larger than life. I believe in God and the message of the Christ but the Christian religion is not what was taught.
        So everyone except you and the cult you follow is going to HELL right?
        A little Judgmental too.

1. profile image0

...Not everyone who doesn't join a church......but everyone who doesn't accept Christ as Savior will go "to hell", yes.  That's what the Word of God says.

1. profile image0

What does accepting Christ as your Savior mean to you?
            Please explain this.

1. profile image0

It means acknowledging that each person is a sinner, but that they can become children of God by believing that one person--Christ Jesus, a manifestation of God in the flesh-gave up His life so that we can be saved from eternal punishment if we choose Him.

2. Cagsil profile image71

And it's B.S.!

3. srwnson profile image59
            srwnsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am curious about your statement,

"Because God is not the author of the Islamic religion or the other religions except Christianity."

Which scripture are you referring to?

Are you saying that God did not influence the religious beliefs of Judaism, Islam?

Then there are the differences in Christianity, Catholicism, Pentecost, Methodist, Mormons. The Amish have their beliefs.

Are you speaking of Christianity as a whole or only in part?

Can you be specific?

1. profile image0

When I talk about Christianity, it can mean either the "religion" of Christianity where there are those different denominations/doctrines, or it can mean pure Christianity (belief in Jesus Christ as Savior).

I think most of the world kinda lumps all Believers into "Christianity" even if they simply mean anyone who believes there IS a God as shown in the Bible.

I think there are probably very few Believers who really tout only pure Christianity because they get carried away into the denominational doctrines.

4. getitrite profile image69

You would be right at home in the Dark Ages!  I can't believe people can live in the 21st century, and still think this nonsensical garbage.

1. Obscure Divine profile image61

Yeah, really...  A better question:  When will all this nonsense end?

1. profile image0

soon.
                economics, population, science, religion, etc is nearing the apex.

A spiritual calamity, so to speak?

There is nothing more frightening than religious, zealous, self-righteous ignorance!

1. profile image0

You mean you're frightened by the Word of God?

1. tantrum profile image59

So the word of God is Ignorance ? hmm

That was not the word of God, but rather the psychotic nonsensical ramblings of an individual with a disturbing and grossly distorted view of reality.

3. profile image0

Those were all the words of Brenda and you are stating they are the words of God. Doesn't that make you a false prophet?

3. profile image54

Brenda, Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all based on the same god, the Abrahamic god.

1. profile image0

correction, all deities are based on Elohim.
          pity, not one -including Dawkins- can live up to the title.

ah, always the good school boy...

5. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think we would all be on the same page if we just sat down with one big, large and industrious chocolate bar. smile I know I'd love to preach a sermon atop such a structure.  Heck, let all of us dance on the sucker.  When done, we shall feast with smiles. smile

1. profile image54

So, in other words, you can't answer the question either?

6. transform2 profile image57
      transform2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol $atan? neutral lol lol

Why not the tooth fairy? yikes

lol lol

2. profile image54

Gee, thanks, but I don't recall asking someone to stand on a soap box and preach the gospel.

7. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

two very simple answers to your question...

human ego and power

and cultural interpretation makes the God point seem different, but in reality, at the deepest spiritual level, the unity can be perceived by those of a heart of love and true desire to have that unity

So people who disagree with you don't have a heart of love or desire for unity.

Okay then.

2. profile image54

How can you even imagine that answers the question? What does human ego and power have to do with the word of a god and the vast differences in religions.

The only way that would make sense is that if believers admit there are no gods and all religions are man made. Is this what you believe?

8. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This question means nothing to me.
      What the hell is this god thing?
      If it's just an imagined super entity, why should "it" be considered at all?
      Can one consider "zilch" to be anything other than "zilch?"

I think some of these clowns will consider anything, if it consists of them gaining special rights at some man-made magic kingdom - while, in their minds, our asses will be eternally burning in their deepest, darkest pits of insane thoughts that leads to the glowing, bright fire pits full of asininity.  Ouch!

9. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

because HE gives each and everyone different minds

1. profile image54

I don't understand your answer. What do peoples minds have to do with gods word?

10. Richieb799 profile image77
      Richieb799posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Possibly the words of scrptures get taken out of context and manipulated to control rather than what they were intended to be?

1. profile image54

Fair enough. That said, can we then dispose of all scriptures as being false?

Of course, if they were taken out of context, why were they written down by men who were supposedly "inspired" by their god, and claimed to be the words of a god? All followers of any particular religion will most certainly be adamant about that.

11. CynthiaRucker profile image58
      CynthiaRuckerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of one God... To me it all depends on what you are looking for. If you hadden noticed each religious beliver are in fact superstitious. As great as each religion is they all can get there responses from the higher one. Come together get along and compramise. At the end of  your journey you must get along or not? its up to you. Yall are argueing. Please no confrontations.

1. Hokey profile image61

What is it with religious people and spelling? Earnest always comments on that. neutral

1. profile image0
          china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bad spelling indicates a low reading ability - some people who struggle to read are in awe of the words themselves - imagine thinking that you have all your answers in a box and you can't read them.    The bit they can understand is 'and the word was made god', so they are worshipping the word.   kinda missing the point of the words though.  How are you today Hokey?

1. It's just me profile image61
            It's just meposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The ability to spell, the ability to read, and the ability to comprehend what one reads are all different abilities. Ask any teacher they can explain it more clearly than I.

2. profile image0

No confrontations? You know I'll change just for you.

Hadden and Yall??

3. profile image54

That's the problem though, each religion gets very different responses from their "higher one", shouldn't every religion be taught the same things? Hence, it is these differences that cause people to be confrontational, to hate each other because they are not of the same religion.

12. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The main difference is geography, language.
      Otherwise all religions describe god as a divine Light which is the source of all.

13. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Q

There is only one Creator- God Allah YHWH with only one Message to believe in Him; and follow His truthful Prophets Messengers chosen by Him for the human beings.

Strange, you did not notice it!!!!

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image54
        (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I only notice believers who think their religion is the only religion while they ignore everything else.

14. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The answer is as everyone knows is that there have been many false prophets that lead people astray; ...as Jesus foretold.

Many coming in his name.
         Jesus revealed in 96 AD to John that  there will be/(WAS) an orgaiization that compelled the inhabitence of the earth to follow it. And it spawned many ofspring.

There is only one truth and 10,000 diffrent variations of that truth. To change the truth just a little bit in a variety of diffrent ways. To each their own. 98% true = false teachings.
         All of them have one thing in common.
         They preach pastence as if to be futuristic.
         As long as we continue running around that flag pole???
      we accomplish nothing.
        Thus the confusion continues.

1. profile image54

Like I just told Paar, every believer believes their religion is the only true religion, while ignoring everything else.

1. profile image52

Hi friend (Q)

We don't say like that; we say that every Revealed Religion; Judaism, Christianity,Buddhism, Hinduism, Zoroastrians were truthful in their origin but when they deviated from the truthful path of their truthful founders i.e., path of Moses,Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and Zoroaster their followers became untruthful.

Note the difference please.

Thanks

1. Cagsil profile image71
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ....

Everyone who was or is associated with any religion is considered of sin. So, that makes every single ranting or written document with regards to religion untruthful.

Those who sin cannot be trust or consider to speak truth. Thus, any sinner who wrote any scripture were liars.

Just a thought. *remember, ALL of humanity is with sin, so that means your words are not truthful either*

On a side note- that would make nothing anyone says the truth. So, how can the truth ever be found? And, what's that say about reality as we(humanity) know it to be?

Religion....a mystical quagmire of B.S. wink

2. profile image54

Yes, you do, and there is no difference, and you are not peaceful.

Thanks.

2. Jerami profile image59

When I wake up in my bed every morning I do not see any religion in my bed.

What I believe has very very little to do with a religion.
          The religion introduced me to the bible and that is about it.

I do not read the same things from this book as they do.
             In fact I do not know of any religious denomination that would want me to enter into their membership expressing my views.

1. alternate poet profile image67
            alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to say I like your approach to it all Jerami.

To say that every written thing that survives from the past is a lie is clear rubbish.

They wrote loads of stuff and some of what they wrote was what they believed - and part of this is simple social behaviour issues. But even finding the stuff that was actually written is hard enough as it has been translated many times and each time the translator had a vested interest in making it tell his or her own story.

I have an interest in the 'Tao de Ching' or book of morals of Taoism, teh philosphy not the religion.  It has been banned and hidden for centuries, translated in a few different chinese languages over time and now into English.  Despite all this it holds together really well, partly because it is in poetic form. The few verses where the meaning is transparently clear - with what we know today - have the point or idea it is expressing bang on right.

1. Jerami profile image59

I do not in all honesty KNOW that Abraham met a God. I do not believe that mankind is at the top of the totem pole in the universal scale. I know that there is a spiritual realm that we know very little about because I have experienced just a small portion of it. To believe that a man (Abraham) came as face to face with a spiritual being that represented himself as GOD is not hard for me to believe.
                Religion however is a different matter. It at come point came under the control of corrupted individuals. This was the message that Jesus taught, (the Messiah as foretold.

And Religion has been interpreting not only his message, but all of written scripture.
                 There is no salvation to be gained by following a Church.

Don't get me wrong. I believe that in many cases a church is necessary in introducing people to "GOD"
                 Kinda like a dating service that introduces a man and a woman. A blind date sorta speak.  Then, that relationship must mature on it's own.  Those two should not LOVE the dating service. If things go right they will love each. 
                 When we begin to love the dating service too much the relationship can not mature into what it was intended.

That don't have to make much  sense cause that was ....
                     Parable # 150

1. profile image54

No, you don't, Jerami, you only believe there is one because the bible told you so.

Jerami, take that thought once step further and you will quickly see that corrupt individuals CREATED the religions rather than just took control of them.

1. alternate poet profile image67
                  alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well - it could be either way around, hard to tell without my history glasses on !

2. profile image54

Then, you cherry pick the bible to suit your own personal beliefs. That is the same as any other believer, Jerami.

15. earnestshub profile image82
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Further to this, why do religionists always reflect the place they are living in their beliefs? If you were bought up in Afghanistan you are a lot more likely to believe in Allah, in America a christian god.
      Why do the religions reflect the culture?

1. profile image52

Hi friend earnestshub

I think the world has become like a village; day by day such relevance won't be there. Even in America, there would be many people believing in God Allah YHWH and the vice versa.

Thanks

1. earnestshub profile image82
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Take a look at the stats.
          Or would you prefer to disallow the truth just to make your point?
          Religious beliefs accurately conform to cultural norms, nothing to do with truth!

1. profile image52

Religions are for human beings; so very naturally they have to be a part of human culture;what make you to think negatively, my Skeptic friend. Truthful Religion confirms Truth; as they have no contradictions;rather they support one another, therefore.

Thanks

2. pisean282311 profile image63
            pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@paar..

there is nothing called truthful religion..all religions have bit of truth in it..problem happens when people clinch to everything which has been said and written in religion and then form their truth out of it..this truth differs from other's definition of truth and so issues..religion is not natural , spirituality is ..founders of religion tried to answer spiritual questions using religion..since answers matched at some places and differed at some , issues have occured and would keep on occuring since there wont be single definition..

This happens during discussions here on hub pages all the time.

We can make a statement in answer to a particular question, and it may be true.
                 But when that truth is applied to another topic it can no longer be said to have any truth in it.???
                 For this reason we can not pick and choose whatever verses of scripture that seems to meet our needs at the time.

Until then we continue picking and choosing whatever verses seem to meet our needs at the time.

And around and around the May pole we go.

1. profile image54

Notice then how utterly irrelevant religions are to us?

I can understand that.  Just because Religion has gotten so big that it has blocked our view of God does not negate the possibility of there being one.

As I have been saying ever sense  I got on HP that No one can have any idea as to what scripture is saying until we first understand prophesy. If our understanding of prophesy  is false then our understanding of ALL of scripture is false.

The reality of that should be clear.??
                  But for some reason "RELIGION" doesn't agree?
                  It seems that the more different interpretations there are the better???? 

I have to go meet someone for lunch.
                  back in a while

16. mohitmisra profile image59

Look deeper to see the One in all.

RELIGIONS

The entire Buddhist monk's life is but a preparation,
      For his Death Point or moment of separation.

The Jains have santhara,
      Quitting life consciously to join with the paramatma.

Hindus go into Samadhi,
      Where there is no Congress, Shiv Sena , BJP or Samajwadi.

The Christian merges with the Holy Spirit,
      Peace, no more desperate.

The Sufi mystic to become one,
      Dances, twirls, prays, trances to get the job done.

Aghora means Illumined with Light,
      Longing for Shiva in whom they delight.

Shamanism or the Art of Ecstasy,
      The ultimate being one with the super entity.

There is no need to change your faith,
      And on your old religion lay a wreath.

1. profile image52

Hi friends

All the truthful religions have been revived in Quran; so one who believes in it and puts a wreath on what he believed previouly; in this sense does not change his faith/religion, rather he confirms his truthful founders of his religion.

There is not a single truthful teachings in the previous religions which has not been inculded in Quran. And Quran mentioned it:

[2:106] They who disbelieve from among the People of the Book, or from among those who associate gods with Allah, desire not that any good should be sent down to you from your Lord; but Allah chooses for His mercy whomsoever He pleases; and Allah is of exceeding bounty.
        [2:107] Whatever Sign* We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than that or the like thereof. Dost thou not know that Allah has the power to do all that He wills?

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=100

*Also could be translated “Whatever verse”

I express my faith truthfully with reasons; others could freely believe differently with reasons; absolutely no compulsion.

Thanks

1. mohitmisra profile image59

The prophets come to reiterate the truth.

17. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religion is the outer garment... It would not be practical to wear Inuet Clothes ... in Cuba.

18. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years ago

Money & Power.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know this could very well be.
        ________________________________________________________________________
        However, whose to say that the different religions are not intertwined, or related?  They could be you know.  It could be that the vast majority of people out there who claim to be religious, just choose to ignore it.

19. profile image0
      JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

I think it has always been the same. People search for the will of God through the power of their own mind: meditation, prayer or whatever method they use. Each comes away with their own answer.

20. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 14 years ago

Agnostic point of view: there is no need for god to send prophets for any message to species living on planet earth which is in solar system GA-HA12345 which is at right corner from god's left hand side. if any entity which creates species/planets/universe with one big-gangbang then it will hardly care for or think about protection of his creation, he can create, delete and reinstall whenever he wishes to. one holy message for humanity is just whitenoise/garbage cosmic noise that human consciousness receives while trying to interpret cosmic bang noises as message from god.why that entity will even bother to waste time with ants in some planet ?

21. getitrite profile image69
      getitriteposted 14 years ago

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or your intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.  Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you.  You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.  And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.  (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

22. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

There is and always has been One God with one message...
      LOVE..love of self and others..It is the only thing that will keep us from committing murder, stealing, lying.etc.
      The law is a guide but the law does not convict.nor refrain...it is Love..

1. profile image54

Deborah, you too have missed the point of my inquiry. There are many messengers and prophets from Moses to Christ to Muhammad to John Smith, all providing the "Word of God" as revealed  to them, yet they are vastly different words. Kapeesh?

But, you apparently are missing the point Q!

ONE Message- Love! is the underlying structure of all belief in "GOD", because people think it's "God's" LOVE that they are giving to others and not their own.

I would thought that would have became apparent, by Deborah statement. wink

1. profile image54

Islam teaches to lie to and defeat by violence anyone who attacks Islam or defiles Muhammad or Allah. This is not teaching love.

Christianity teaches that if you don't follow the doctrines of Christ, you'll roast for an eternity in hellfire. This is also not teaching love.

Religions teach that we are sinful and baseless, yet humans demonstrate they are compassionate and altruistic, and have been so long before religions came about.

The underlying message in full context, not little bits and pieces you want to use for your examples: the message is Love.

If you're unable to see that, then you've obviously never actually read a bible or any other. And, if you did read them, then you obviously didn't use an open mind to do so.

Either way, I'm done. Simply because you're only mixing things up with your own subjective view, which is narrow.

1. profile image54

Yes, I've read the bible, and a host of other religious doctrine, and I read them with as open a mind I have for experiments.

Okay, leave the thread without offering any credible content and then insult me. Hence, I need not insult you, too. smile

2. skyfire profile image80
              skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well it is more like, those books assume god exist then  layout things/plans to worship him and how to please him and get salvation etc. Love is bait used by religious people/books, and the way they market their religious efforts if you disagree with them you're nihilist or don't understand love. Love has to be religious & must stick to their definition.

Religious books are perfect sales copy book, just read bible/quran/geeta, in these books writer know where to trigger and how to create crowd around belief. if you disagree with writer then point is that you didn't read the book and if you read it then you've to agree with it. Quran expects person to be islamic else he/she is kafir and will be tested on judgment day, but it failed to write why god made people born in another religion(answer would be karma lol). same is the case with Christians but Christians allow conversion policy to escape hell.Religion preach love cause every human wants to be loved in some part or somewhere in life, religion just tries to find where to hit the person so that person becomes religious.

1. mohitmisra profile image59

Try writing a book of like the  Bhagat Gita, you will not be able to, its possible only by an enlightened one.

3. profile image0

Like I said..they have misunderstood..it is not love they have..but love is still the law..do no harm to anyone..

2. profile image0

I didn't show you any disrespect..so I expect the same from you...Kapeesh?

All of them had the same message..Love...
          First there was no law...so everyone did what they wanted..the law told us of LOVE...no murder..honor..no stealing..these are all based on LOVE...but the law..showed how people broke the law..so the law was done away with where love is present..if we love than the law has no affect on us..only those who break the law are under the law..If we love..the written law is not needed..this has always been the message..it is you who does not understand...but again even in the law that is love..people misunderstand..and don't show love..it is because they don't love themselves that they can't love others...The world would be perfect if everyone had love in their hearts..put away the EGO..ascend their minds...

Just because you don't agree with me does not mean I didn't understand.

1. profile image54

You may have described a single religion but you did not address the question as to why there are so many religions with so many varying messages. Thanks anyways.

1. profile image0

Of course I did..because they misunderstand..

1. profile image54

No, you didn't. It isn't a case of misunderstanding, Deborah.

2. profile image0

Stop taking things out of context. I notice you do that a lot..I said  "Most religions today..especially those of the Christian religions So I wasn't saying one religion. Can you read?. Don't get mad, because you misquoted me on purpose so you have this coming to you..Now the rest of what I said..  have misunderstood the message Yah Shua gave..they also use the written law and judge others instead of loving people...they allow their EGOS to control them..ie..they think only they hold the truth and everyone else is not enlightened...(arrogance) They constantly tell everyone to come to God..through Christ..in essence they think everyone else needs to change except them..(Judgment)..They reject those who do not believe as they do (lack of love and compassion)..

They worship Christ instead of God.....They only focus on Christ..because they think he IS God...which is not what Christ taught...But it is because they misinterpret..the message."

1. Isabelle22 profile image60
                Isabelle22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it is like talking to a brick wall Deb. You cannot start a thread Q, ask a question to people then jump down everyone's throat. I am going to stay out of this thread. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion and how they say things without ridicule or criticism.

1. profile image0

You're right.
                  Plus he takes part of what was said and ignores the rest.
                  When quoting someone he is suppose to include the entire quote and not a sentence.
                  He is like a movie that keeps being rerun on TV. It gets very tiresome.

1. profile image54

Then, don't respond to me, Deborah, please?

You're responses are so far off the mark of the question, it isn't funny.

1. profile image0

You are demonstrating why there are different religions. Because people do not understand what is written and interpret wrongly.
                      They omit what they don't understand...

2. profile image54

If the question were answered in the context it was asked rather than people preaching the gospel, there would be no need to "jump down throats".

When the opinion has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand, what is one supposed to do?

2. srwnson profile image59

I like the way you threw that word "Kapeesh" in on this post Deborah. Haven't seen that word in print for a long time smile wink

1. profile image0

That's only because he used it first. His was done as an insult..I just gave back what he gave..I mirrored him to show him what he did.

3. profile image54

I didn't misquote you, I corrected you.

You see, you only have dealt with one religion, not all.

1. profile image0

Wrong again. And again I ask can you read?

4. profile image0

Once again Q..I said most religions and especially the christians..

1. profile image54

You may have said that, but your explanations only explain one religion, not all of them.

3. profile image0

This is where he Kapeeshed me and got Kapeeshed back..

He is dangerous because he takes parts of a Quote and tries to make it appear it is all you said. That's why there are laws against misquoting.
          This type of person is an instigator who tries to stir up problems with one person or group with another.

23. getitrite profile image69
      getitriteposted 14 years ago

I guess this proves that there is only one God--a God of love, that is:

Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden.  When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death.  (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

1. profile image0

Yes..once the law came..those who did bad things stuck out like a sore thumb..those who went by the written law only..and did not have love..used these laws to punish and control the ones who broke the written law..because they did..they were worse than the others...so this is why Love is now and always has been the law...The written books show us how we went from ungrateful..to written law breakers..and than the answer on how to not break the law..which is through love...

Deut. is not showing us how to react but how NOT to react...Once they received the ten commandments as written law..it was abused..by mankind..this is how mankind used the law to control others..and reminded the Law breakers that God had given these laws..You know..ABUSE of power...so in the New Testament Yah Shua is saying..as long as we LOVE we will not harm anyone or anything because our hearts will have pity on all others..Therefore we will not break any law...

24. srwnson profile image59
      srwnsonposted 14 years ago

In my travels, I have met Buddhists, Hindu, followers of Islam, Wicca’s and others who are as sincere about their religions as Christians are.
      I am a Christian.
      If asked to prove that God exists in a way that would make none believers believe, I cannot.
      I have found good in other religions and do not believe that they are going to hell because they do not believe the way I do.
      The ultimate responsibility for the destiny of our lives rests with us. One can choose to allow God to lead his or her life. They can choose to strive toward his or her goals alone or with the help others offer freely.
      To debate faith is fruitless.
      We can only search inside ourselves for the answers you seek in this discussion.

25. profile image0

Most religions today..especially those of the Christian religions have misunderstood the message Yah Shua gave..they also use the written law and judge others instead of loving people...they allow their EGOS to control them..ie..they think only they hold the truth and everyone else is not enlightened...(arrogance) They constantly tell everyone to come to God..through Christ..in essence they think everyone else needs to change except them..(Judgment)..They reject those who do not believe as they do (lack of love and compassion)..

They worship Christ instead of God.....They only focus on Christ..because they think he IS God...which is not what Christ taught...But it is because they misinterpret..the message.

1. profile image54

This isn't just about Christianity, it's about all religions everywhere today.

26. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Cagsil said  ..  The translations/interpretation of the books is what is wrong with it.
             Very True

Deborah  said ...   Most religions today..especially those of the Christian religions have misunderstood the message
         They worship Christ instead of God.....
                  Very True

Rafini  said ...   I consider myself a Christian because I believe in God & Jesus Christ.  As a Christian, I do not believe I have to subject myself to the confusion of organized religion when the Bible has everything I need to know.

I agree completely ...   Then all that is required for us to do is to learn all over again how to read.  Read uninfluenced by the confusion and contradictions that various organised churches have been teaching through the ages. 

These also are exerts from my hub that I just started this AM... 
          I am pleased that you already agree with some of the things that are in it.

Break time is over.  back to work

27. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

No religious scripture located within Christianity is the basis for other religious scriptures written.

Christianity is NOT the oldest of all religions and to think it is, is a lie in and of itself.

Not trying to offend, just making things clearer. wink

28. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

And yes,  God did influence some of those religions (or at least the belief in God did)  but God didn't condone the establishment of those religions;  except for Judaism,  and that religion quickly became twisted because it became based on legalism, not Spirit.

Ambiguity and conjecture. You cannot possibly know or understand an omnipotent entity and to think you can wrap your mind around it, is a delusion in and of itself.

The comprehension of such an entity, which supposedly resides in another realm other than reality, shows how much you really don't understand, both your religion and life itself.

It's a shame. That's what you show everyone everyday of your life, but clueless to the fact yourself. Unbelievable.

2. profile image0

Is that a fact? I happen to be Jewish.
        I understand that Christians think if they read anything but the KJV of the Bible they are SINNING, but before you belittle others and their beliefs please read this: it will explain a lot.
        http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:h0L … &gl=us

1. profile image0

Whether or not you're Jewish or Spanish or English or whatever,  it takes belief in Jesus as Savior to be saved.

1. profile image0

I was speaking in one post about your insult of Jewish people, trying to make yourself better. In the other post I gave you a link as to why Jews do not believe in your Christian religion. I knew you wouldn't read it.

2. Hokey profile image61

No it doesn't.  smile

3. profile image0

correction, it is in the power of the Word that one is restored to Grace ( aka saved ), not the physical man.

just sayin`

1. profile image0

And I'm just sayin' that's not what the Bible says.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
                Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm.  Two "believers" disbelieving in each others beliefs.  I believe I don't believe their beliefs.  Can you believe it!

1. profile image0

Ummm......it happens.
                  And 21 and I have two different "religions" from what I gather.

Two different gods too, apparently!

2. profile image0

again the textual reference: bible.

i am curious, Brenda, what bible did Enoch & Elijah AND Y`shua have to cause such great faith that they superseded consciousness/sin and were taken body, brain and spirit off the planet...

the 'bible' says we are supposed to be exactly the same!

Randy, I have no religion. No matter the guise, this whole notion of Baal (translated: god) is ridiculous. Religion is the oppressor and science the enforcer. Both are redundant.

1. profile image0

...I don't understand your comparison there...

Enoch and Elijah were "translated" ("raptured"), yes.

But it's just a fact that MOST of us will die an earthly death and be buried or cremated or whatever......

Are you saying only those who have true Faith will escape earthly death, like Elijah and Enoch?

Are YOU and others of your religion believing that you'll be translated like Enoch without ever fulfilling the natural law which the Bible says "it's appointed once unto man to die, and after that the judgement"?

1. profile image0

Again, I have absolutely NO religion.
                    Those of 'us' who have both read & lived, agree that what Y`shua did, said applies exactly and directly to every single human being post-resurrection. There is much to explain but this is not the space-place.

Yes, those who actually live by True Faith -not doctrine-church-book faith will escape both physical and spiritual death.

The reference to Enoch, Elijah and especially Y`shua is expressly this: we have a choice to have eternal life and have it more abundantly. More proof: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego -thrown into a furnace (1,000 degrees + , not not even the smell of ash on them. John boiled in oil, yet not so much as a mark. Peter walking on water just like Y`shua, Peter who's SHADOW retored a mans crippled from birth. Cornelius -being without the law, anointed with the Spirit- not only him but his entire household -brothers, mom, cousins, even his slaves!

All of these are proof we are to be exactly as He is. Else, the point of salvation is moot.
                    He even said so. That the works He did -we would do even greater works if we just believe it and act upon it. This is what separates religion from Faith. While millions of believers and jewish leaders are waiting for the coming of Y`shua, we understand the fullness of the word & Testimony is the Spirit in us -that SAME spirit that hovered over creation, the breath breathed into us, the same who raised the manifest Will of Elohim from the grave and came upon those in Jerusalem.

Why believers still do not see this is beyond me.

29. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 14 years ago

Proof ?

1. profile image0

The people of Israel were God's people;  Jesus was a Jew.  God sent His message down that line.
        But even today, there are Jews who do not recognize Jesus as the Christ.
        So they will be lost just as surely as other non-Believers if they don't accept Christ as Savior.

Lost for what ?
          Why you continue all the time to treat non believers as lost souls, whatever that is ?
          lol

2. Hokey profile image61

roll

1. profile image0
            getmybackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll

1. Hokey profile image61

roll    lol lol

3. skyfire profile image80
          skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Assumption that they were sent by god. I asked for proof didn't asked for another assumption. Again how can you validate they were sent by god ? by checking that they were mortal and hence they were god sent ?

30. profile image0
      getmybackposted 14 years ago

lol

31. srwnson profile image59
      srwnsonposted 14 years ago

Brenda is sincere in her convictions. This I am sure of and good for her.

A hypothetical quandary.

A Moslem, a man as sincere in his convictions as Brenda, is traveling down the road one day when he encounters a child hanging from a cliff.

The child is in immanent peril!

The Moslem reaches out a hand to help the child pulling him or her too safely and then accidentally loses his footing and plunges over the cliff to his death.

Is the Moslem condemned to hell?

1. profile image0

Good works do not take someone to Heaven.

1. srwnson profile image59

Another hypothetical quandary then:

Adolf Hitler wrote in his book Mein Kamph,

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

Before his death, Hitler asked God to forgive him and allow his entrance into heaven.

Is he there?

Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lets take it a step farther...   If Satan him self truley grieved and posabily he does???  If he said I am sorry, Please forgive me; ??????????????

2. profile image54

Muslims are condemned to Christian hell while Christians are condemned to Islamic hell simply because their doctrines say so.

32. Rishy Rich profile image73
      Rishy Richposted 14 years ago

At Q

The root of religion springs from the concept of GOD. Hence, if you want to know why there are so many differing versions of messages from One God, then you have to analyze the concept of GOD first. Before discussing about the main topic, let’s take a look about this GOD concept:

1.Being unaware of the nature of God, it would be unwise to claim there is only one God, or two, or many. If you say god is energy, then we can not conclude there is only one God. I.e. we never say it’s an electricity, a gravity or a light because of their infinite nature. 

2.Even if there is a God, considering his/her absolute knowledge, unlimited power and perfect state; theres no doubt that his/her judgment has to be perfectly unbiased & all his subjects has to be equally loved by him vis-à-vis everyone would be given equal opportunity, equal right & equal love. Now if God chooses a messenger, or a prophet among us, he or she will be presented with more opportunity & higher status than the rest of us. However, that would mean biasness also exists in the realm of God, making the messenger concept flawed & unacceptable.

Universe is a closed system, where we live in. Nothing comes in or goes out from it. Even if there’s a GOD, that being will not interfere with the on going equation, considering that his/her interference might create imbalance in the equilibrium of harmony.

Now let’s get back to the main topic. There exist thousands of religions throughout the world. And there are many which don’t exist anymore. Some of them are similar in nature while others are completely different. Humans possess a tendency to modify these doctrines based on the flaws of previous doctrines.  If you go through the abrahamic religions, you will find that Judaism, Christianity & Islam are just the updated versions of the previous script, emerged from the flaws of the other and It’s not the differing versions of one message from one god. For instance:

1.Judaism prophesized the coming of a savior but they did not realize that any one can claim to be a savior and later on he/she might change the script itself & write a new one, thus threatening the existence of the religion.

2.Christianity realized the problem and took Christ one step above all human being by calling him the son of god. So that even if a messiah comes in the future, he/she will never be able to take his place. But there was a loop hole.

3.Islam understood the loophole & took a brilliant step. It claimed that no man can be a god or similar to him. Both Judaism & Christianity is a distorted form of Gods message. They also realized the problem of future messiahs and decided to call Muhammad as the final prophet. Any one who would claim to be a prophet after the death of Muhammad, would be an imposter, thus securing the future of Quran. 

There are plenty of such modifications that can be found among abrahamic religions. Now when you will go through the major eastern religions, you will observe the similarities & such modifications among Hinduism, Budhdhism & Jainism. Same applies for religions that developed in ancient America or in ancient middle-east. Since at that time communication was underdeveloped people did not have clear view of what’s happening on the other parts of the globe. Thus creating series of developments in their religions, limited in geographic or regional boundaries.

Thus, these are not different versions of One Message from One God; rather these are just updated versions or modifications. These modifications are still going on and will never stop. Some do the modifications in the name of interpretation (by interpreting the text in a new way) while others are trying to crossbreed religions and establishing new ones like : Chrislam.    

Hope it answers your question smile

33. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Rishy Rich wrote:

Now when you will go through the major eastern religions, you will observe the similarities & such modifications among Hinduism, Budhdhism & Jainism

Explain please.

1. Rishy Rich profile image73
        Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

@ Hockey

Similarities:

1. Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism emphasize the illusory nature of the world and the role of karma in keeping men bound to this world and the cycle of births and deaths.

2. According to the Buddha, desire is the root cause of suffering and removal of desire results in the cessation of suffering. Some of the Hindu texts such as the Upanishads and the Bhagavadgita consider doing actions prompted by desire and attachment would lead to bondage and suffering and that performing actions without desiring the fruit of action would result in liberation

3. All three religions believe in the concept of karma, transmigration of souls and the cycle of births and deaths for each soul

4. All three believe in certain spiritual practices like meditation, concentration, cultivation of certain bhavas or states of mind.

5. All originated and evolved on the Indian soil, thus having the similarities & was modified based on the flaws of others

Modifications:

There are several modifications. The following can be considered as the major one:

In the caste system of hindu society, the teachings of buddha released the people from the oppression of tradition and orthodoxy. It also created hope and aspiration for those who had otherwise no hope of salvation and freedom of choice (specially for the lower class hindus)

1. Hokey profile image61

Very nice. Just checking. Some people post without knowing what they are talking about. Buddhism allowed the people to have their own interpretation of God or the God concept. The kind of world the Buddha was born into was magical. Everything seemed to be alive. The trees, mountains, lakes, and sky were living and breathing with a variety of gods in charge. If you needed rain you asked one god, if you needed it to stop raining you asked another. The priests of India did all the religious work, and got paid for it. Even all the gods in India could not end the suffering of one human being.  In the religion of Buddhism we don’t have a first cause, instead we have a never ending circle of birth and      . In this world and in all worlds, there are many beginnings and ends. The       of life used in Buddhism has no starting place... It just keeps going and going.Now having said that... If you’re a Buddhist it’s OK to believe God was the first cause... It really doesn't go against the teachings of the Buddha, his focus was on suffering... It's also OK to believe science has the answer… Like the big bang theory, etc... Some Buddhist’s don’t even care how it all started, and that’s fine too. Knowing how the world started is not going to end your suffering, it’s just going to give you more stuff to think about. I hope you can see that God is not what Buddhism is about... Suffering is... And if you want to believe in God, as some Buddhists do, I suppose it's OK. But, Buddhist's don't believe God can end suffering. Only the teaching's of the Buddha can help us end suffering through wisdom and the activity of compassion. In his whole life and in all his teachings the Buddha never said anything about the One God of the desert.

34. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Religion (on the surface) is a device created by a populace seeking to bring people together and help them live in harmony.

When early man went from hunting and gathering to farming communities they had to keep the peace among them somehow and religion filled the gap by providing a code all could live by, and punishments from which none could escape. With early man living an average lifespan of 35 years they needed every advantage they could get to survive, and not squabbling among themselves (and killing one another) was a good start.

Thus, Gods were created to explain all we could not understand and to provide order. And to simplify things ... overt time ... many religions reduced themselves down to believing in one god. The Egyptians are a fine example, as they had a pantheon of gods, and yet, many pharaohs decreed that there people should only worship one god, such as the sungod.

By organizing people within religion one creates order and order is needed to hold society together, but how do we explain the similarities in doctrine throughout the many religions of the world?

That's as easy one! As we started out as hunter/gatherers, we learned early on as a species that working together helped us to survive. Over time, we were rewarded by social behaviors (more food, better protection) and punished for individual and selfish acts. As such, we learned that 'social' was better and passed this knowledge onto each generation.

So, why can't the other animals do this? Two words ... 'limited vocab'. Our ability to speak is HIGHLY underrated. Speech allows one generation to pass on all important knowledge from one generation to the next and often this knowledge was passes on as stories to make it more interesting (and better learned) by the next generation.

So to speak, if Ug tell Og fire burns he's kinda inviting Og to find out for himself. Whereas, if Ug tells how someone else placed their hand in the fire and smoldered into a pile of ashes, Og might not be so likely to relive that experience ... regardless of the truth involved. The worst-case scenario (story) offers the lesson better. Thus, if we misbehave, an ultimate being will punish us.

And back in those day, with an average lifespan of 35 years, not many men lived long enough to question all of this. After all, they were adults for merely 15 years, and most of that was spent performing backbreaking labor. It's only just recently that we now regularly live onto our 60s and 70s, finding more time for us to question all that we were taught. And when we start examining the evidence, it doesn't all add up.

For instance, why does a supreme being demand obedience then allow us to do as we please? Is it because we are being given a choice? If so, what's the point of punishing someone for a choice you offered them?

To put this whole thing in perspective, here's my experiment:

Eight test subjects in a closed room. They are told there is an invisible bowl in the room and they must guess its location. Each time they guess wrong they are zapped.

Outside the room stands a scientist. This scientist is god for this experiment and provides the jolting shocks. Behind him are several other scientists feeding in different coordinates of the invisible bowl. Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. As only the primary scientist actually knows the location of the bowl, the others can't be certain, but he does tell the other scientists when he has moved the invisible bowl.

The goal of each lesser scientists is to guess correctly where the invisible bowl is so they can say they know more about god's decisions than the others, and in doing so, they are seeking converts to their belief. However, they truly have no clue where the invisible bowl really is. Their just guessing, based on information gathered from prior failures - and hoping to be right often enough to gather converts.

This is the true perception of all religions as not one of them can fully guarantee they are correct, and yet they continue to do so. They believe, through many years of wading the waters, that they have figured everything out and then allow their people to wander into the room and hopefully not get zapped by the teachings.

However, there is no spoon, just like there is no invisible bowl. But let's remember that the primary purpose of religion (which is often convoluted)is to allow societies to form and live in harmony.

And so, is there a god? As with the experiment with the invisible bowl .. if you believe the invisible bowl exists then you have given it an existence. It might exist only within your mind and only where you perceive it as being, but for you, the bowl truly exists. But does this make it exist for others? Only if they chose to believe as you do.

And that succinctly answers the whole 'is religion right or wrong debate'. For each individual, the faith they choose (or lack thereof) is their invisible bowl. And the fact that they accept that invisible bowl exists, even if they refuse to accept it as being a god, is the stuff religion is made out of.

Simply said ... it is whatever we care to believe it is, but that mental creation does not project beyond our own body unless someone willingly shares in the same vision. That's the ultimate truth of God and all religions.

1. profile image54

Thanks for the well thought out answer, yoshi. I was interested in hearing why there are so many contrasting differences between the religions of the world as opposed to the similarities.

Do ya realy want to hear the answer????
              I bet you just want to argue against the best arguement that you can find.

I don't think that you really want to hear the truth.

As Jack Nicholson said;  you caint handle the truth!

1. profile image54

Of course, Jerami. Some have provided well thought out answers, which I would agree.

I don't know if you felt it or not but I was feeling a bit sarcastic that day and I apologize. 
                To sum up a very long story into a short answer as to why Christianity has so many Denominations-Interpretations-diffrent beliefs etc is because the canon was put together in such a way as to create division all in the name of unification.
                   CONUNDRUM

1. profile image54

Jearami, like I said to Deborah, this isn't about one religion.

2. yoshi97 profile image55
          yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah, but it's the reason for the similarities that explains the differences. For you see, early man was always on the move and he took his knowledge with him. However, separation, over time, produces differences. For instance, discounting the Aborigines, the people of Australia are basically descendants of former English criminals sent there to serve a life sentence. For you see Australia was originally a penal colony for England.

And what does this have to do with anything? Simply this ... over time, the Australian culture shifted a bit from the English culture, and all in less than 300 years. Now, imagine the differences that would emerge in several thousands of years.

The message is always evolving, so when it moves onto different lands the message takes a different direction. Also, as stated earlier, some people choose to change the doctrine because they discover flaws with the old doctrine. Remember, it's all about gaining converts, and sometimes a change in doctrine does just the trick.

Going back to the shock experiment I posted earlier in this thread ... what if one of the lesser scientists discovered that the invisible bowl was typically in the front left corner of the room? If he passed this information on and his converts benefited then they would (themselves) bring in other converts. This is basically 'conversion through a prophet' whereas one subject seems to have a divine link with god that benefits him and others, and therefore, he forms a following as such knowledge is advantageous to others.

And as people went about finding better doctrines, some converted and some held fast to the older beliefs. Each newer belief system offers some improvement over the older ones, but there will always be those who resist change.

Mix in several thousands of years worth of new religious ideas and you have many paths to follow. For an excellent view at the seed in action, read up on Catholics, Lutherans, Protestants, and Methodists. See just how alike they are - and yet - how so different. Investigate what was going on in the world as each denomination first emerged. From this you will see why there is such splintering in religion today, and the example I just gave you are three offshoots of Christianity, whereas there are many more: Baptist, Mormon, Presbyterian, etc.

And so, all religions are divergent in nature because they evolve to become something better to gather in converts or because they stand fast to their beliefs and refuse to change. Regardless, religion is a man-made thing and anything man makes that serves a purpose is retooled and evolved over time.

If religion didn't serve a useful purpose it would have been discarded long ago. And while many see religion as control (which it can be) it also serves as a method of bringing about order (provided religion is wielded as a method of guidance and not a tool of subjugation).

Religion ... in and of itself ... is not a bad thing. It only gains a good or evil tint from how we apply it.

Good point. Religions are like car makers, sects and sub-sects like the various models and yearly updates.

1. profile image0

yup, religion and science are never ending 'updates'. good point.

2. marinealways24 profile image59
              marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Religion has to evolve with science so they don't get put out of business. lol

1. profile image0

woohoo! marine, you said a mouthful.
                welcome to the marriage of the millennium -the new age.
                the Ism re-united!

1. marinealways24 profile image59

No, I disagree with the new age as well, science makes a lot of claims they don't know to be absolute while also not making claims that are absolute like consciousness being the key of evolution. They refer to consciousness as a mechanism rather than conscious reactions to the environment. Both religion and science take religious faith to believe as absolute.

1. profile image0

precisely, which makes them a wedded couple. From the start -or at least close to it- both sides of the Ism have pretty much done the same. Neither is in my view valuable.

And yes, within consciousness, as well as, the reactions of those parallels, both have the same stance of totality.

The 'New Age' is simply the return of the Mystics. Call it a remarriage or reuniting, what have you. They are the oldest, most redundant couple to ever walk the face of the earth.

Why does there have to be a title or name for a persons belief that doesn't agree with science or religion as absolute? When giving it a title or a name, it starts to resemble a religion within itself. Also, the titles have bad karma, people usually make and draw assumptions just from the title before even writing. A title is "materialistic". I give a little more credit to science over religion simply for running most experiments to base the evidence. Religion/faith is belief without need for evidence.

2. profile image54

I would agree with that but that simply negates the entire concept altogether and does not explain the contradictions from the believers point of view.

Sorry, but that I would not agree with.

35. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Most people think
      Great good will come from the skies
      Take away everything
      And make everybody feel high
      But if you know what life is worth
      You would look for yours on earth
      And now you've seen the light
      You stand up for your rights

Bob Marley   smile

1. profile image0
        Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a Bob Marley t-shirt smile

Is that the ghost in "A Christmas Carol"? wink

No, that was Bruce!

Kidding!  Jacob Marley, of course!

36. Isabelle22 profile image60
      Isabelle22posted 14 years ago

Some-one is playing God here...

37. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Honestly, I believe all religions worship the same deity. They just have different names for said deity. Some people are not meant to walk the same path as everyone else.

1. profile image54

That makes no sense. If that were the case, why do those religions forbid their flock to follow any other religion? Why are creation stories so vastly different? Why does one religion say to do something one way and another religion says to do it the opposite way?

These are supposed to be the divine words of god as told by prophets and messengers, yet they contradict each other. How does one explain that?

1. profile image0
          Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Every religion emphasizes human improvement, love, respect for others, sharing other people's suffering. On these lines, every religion had more or less the same goal." The Dalai Lama

Every religion has differences: deities, beliefs, and practices. But each religion has the same goals. Therefore, my opinion does not change.

1. profile image54

Fair enough, but it doesn't address the issue of one god with so many contrasting goals.

2. mohitmisra profile image59

Very true Pani Midnyte Odin
        Allah, Brahma, Jevovah, Ahura Mazda, Shiva..

Whats in a name ?
        The way to identify the same,
        Geography,language is mainly to blame.

1. profile image52

Hi friend  mohitmisra

I agree with you.

Thanks

38. Debby Kurniawan profile image57
      Debby Kurniawanposted 14 years ago

That Nicely, Congratulation Run.

39. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 14 years ago

Here we go again...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/fordonotfear/Churchchat.jpg

1. profile image0

lol

2. susanlang profile image61
        susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Donotfear, that picture you posted of church lady, as I remember, it was a Saturday Night live skit. I'm I right Donotfear? In any case, Dana Carvey is sure to make you laugh as the chruch lady. Thanks Donotfear.

40. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Twenty One Daysposted 9 seconds agoin reply to this
      Quantus Philo: the smallest measurable or immeasurable instance of being the greatest expression of purity: free will.
      Free Will: "It is not necessary to consider a question, nor its opposite an answer.  Both are the base relative parallels of the Need To Know syndication, defined as consciousness"

Free will isn't always pure, if there was absolute free will, there would be no punishment for crimes, there would be no such thing as crime. Do you think a child rapists free will is pure?
      Even consciousness is not free will, some people with mental disorders have limited free will than those without mental disorders. Considering the questions and answers are part of the need to know that grows consciousness.

1. profile image0

Free Will is only impure when pulled into the consciousness.
        In and of itself, Free Will has no need, like 'faith' or 'love'.

Certainly. Consciousness is NOT free. In fact consciousness is the farthest thing from freedom; the slave master of men.

The consciousness does not 'grow', though both parallels do elevate the notion. Consciousness is finite, because ALL necessary information exists within each and every human being. Perhaps some have/have not indulged all such notions/data, but it does not mean it is not there. it simply means all that thought is either dormant or satisfied -to any degree- within the parallel.

Free will needs consciousness to exist. What is a persons free will that is in a coma? Do they have free will to enjoy life? If you agree that consciousness isn't free, then free will isn't free since you have to be conscious to believe in free will. How is consciousness a slave master? Consciousness is what allows you to be alive and have an idea of it being a slave master. Consciousness is infinite, there are no known limits to consciousness. The only limit is yourself when you think it has limits.

41. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

ps, that appointment is OLD COVENANT. Fulfilled by who?
      Yip, our Intercessor, Y`shua Moshiach.

42. profile image0

Sorry, 21, but we can't close the gap between being human and being "God".......We are, and always will be (while our physical bodies are alive) humans subject to God's power.

....There are many things that happened in the Bible that I believe were manifested in order to initiate the message of the Lord.   Speaking in tongues was one.  Peter walking on water was one.  The three Hebrews in the fiery furnace was one.

Tell me, what would most people DO with the power to walk on water?  What would they do with the power to pick up a real poisonous serpent and get bitten and not be affected by it?

...Jesus came to Spiritualize the plan of God, to make a Spiritual way to be saved instead of a literal way.

Else, the temptation for us to think we ARE "God" or "gods" would be too great.

Man keeps wanting to achieve godly things.

Let me remind you that God confused the languages of the people who sought to reach Heaven via the Tower of Babel.
      Let me remind you that the glory for all power is to be given to the Lord, not to humans.

There are some things we don't "need to know", 21.
      There are some things we weren't meant by God to do.

1. profile image0

this is foolishness, Brenda.
        If any man thinks he is Elohim, he is -IMO- blind.
        By who, but Him can we be elohim (note the small 'e').
        Perhaps you are confusing my statements with those of the religions of the new age? contrary.
        Just because i accept my place as a son of elohim, and all its fullness, does not mean I consider myself the Creator.

But again, this is the lie Adam accepted -that he could be equal to Elohim, and so gave up all the power of the Spirit, even his own life and became a slave to that consciousness(sin).

This was the sin at its root: questioning how awesome he was made and accepting he needed to be more than 2nd to none. He was the perfect MIRROR IMAGE of all the Creator is. All of it!
        This is why all of heaven was awestruck by man. This is why angels served adam and why lucifer was enraged with jealousy, envy.

What bothers me is even knowing that great Grace & salvation -billions have fallen into the same old pattern of cry-fry, turn-burn, the oh I'm not worthy nonsense.
        He specifically states we have been made worthy, made righteous -because of Y`shua. To deny this is to deny salvation, the work of Y`shua and that Spirit of Testimony. It is to crucify Him again and again.

1. profile image0

ummm...no; Adam sinned because of his disobedience to God, plain and simple.  And therefore lost his ability to live forever in the flesh.... That's why we'll all die a physical death at our appointed time.
          It's not crucifying Him again!
          Crucifying Him again would be to say He's still flesh Himself.
          Salvation is about recognizing His Holiness, and that the only way we can be Holy to any extent is because we have His Spirit inside us when we choose to accept Him.

1. profile image0

really?
            Then the cross & resurrection is pointless.
            If all are to die in the flesh, no matter sin or not, the need for a Resurrected Savior would then be null/void. The Law would still be in effect. The sacrifice in effect. The Anointing pointless. The examples of physical men and righteousness pointless.

I am not at all surprised at the misled churchianity with regard to sin. Sin is simply accepting less than who we are and not walking in the Spirit.

The Hebrew word for sin is chata'ah
            { pronounced } khat-aw-aw : meaning to miss the mark, fall short, lack of belief, an alternate instruction, a path unplanned.

The effects of sin are everything ranging from death to sickness, murder to fear. Under Grace, there is no sin. Grace is faith full.

BTW, as for that passage in the letter to the Romans: the rest of the line reads:

Yet Elohim, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Y`shua Moshiach when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.

so, either A: Y`shua never really removed ALL sin and effects on our behalf -which nullifies salvation and the need of- and everyone is dead anyway or B We have life eternally and abundantly in body, mind & spirit. Else, healing-pointless, renewing of the mind-pointless, your church, emm, pointless?!

1. profile image0

Twenty One...

May I call you "21"? Or no?

....you're very confusing or confused....

Are you saying that any Believer who dies a natural death wasn't walking in the Spirit and is unsaved and going to the lake of fire? 
              Oh wait....you don't believe there's a "hell" or lake of fire where sinners are punished, do you?

Anyway....let me ask you this----have YOU ever healed anyone?
              Have you ever resurrected someone from the dead?
              Can YOU walk on water?
              Do you think you're not subject to dying a natural death here on earth (if Jesus doesn't come back before then)?

1. profile image0

First, I prefer James.
                2nd, do not put words in my mouth.
                3rd -I think for the first time, I am going to quote 'the bible'.

To the hebrew-believers in Rome, from the zealot-heretic Saul:

For those Elohim foreknew, also predestined to be conformed/transformed to the likeness of His Son { resurrected }, that Y`shua might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those predestined, also called; those called, also justified; those justified, also glorified...

note the keywords: firstborn from the dead; first-fruit of the Spirit...

In fact the entire paragraph of this letter (ch. 8) combined w/ the letter of Hebrews confirms exactly this point as does every single line of Torah.

Anyone know the Vav? And the broken Vav? might want to check it out. This is what Saul is again referencing.

1. profile image0

It's not Y'Shua...it's Yah Shua

2. profile image0

James.
                  (Thanks for letting me call you James).

....I get it now, I believe.
                  You're Jewish and into Jewish mysticism, correct?

Are you still looking for "The Messiah"?
                  You'll find Him in the New Testament, if you dare to look even more than just at Paul's talk of "the elect".

The "elect" are simply all those people who persevere to the end of their days and attain salvation.   Including but not limited to whichever Jews actually accept Jesus as their Savior!

Jesus came to save anyone (whosoever) who will Believe on Him.
                  Are you a "whosoever"?

1. Hokey profile image61

Brenda do you not realize that Jewish people see Christianity as a     ?

1. profile image0

umm...

21 (James) is...not just Jewish, from what I gather; he's into mysticism...

Ergo my questions to him.

2. profile image0

Well said Hokey. christianity is a   ? lol.
                      but for us believing Hebrews, the significance of 'Jesus' is much more than christians can accept.

It all goes back to covenant language. If all the christians would study Tor`ah and Hebrew they would so understand more that what they are taught.

I get very excited when people like Noble and Donna post hubs, because these are non-Hebrews who get it more than most Hebrews do.

2. profile image0

Deleted

1. profile image0

how is that incorrect?
                an offering is sin, for it implies the need of forgiveness, sacrifice.

My numerous Israeli friends/neighbors would highly dispute you, because they know their own language better than anyone. That is part of my sources. anyway.

sin offering is chatat or chata'ah; which by all accounts is offensive to Elohim -yes or no?

1. profile image0

Well I speak Hebrew and my husband is Hebrew born in Israel. If your friends disagree with me than they don't speak Hebrew.

An offense is not a sin..What is sin to you?

Hi Deborah !
                    I find this guy way too funny !! lol

1. profile image0

Hi Tantrum.
                      I see that now.
                      I used to think he was posting his own stuff. Now I know he must get it from others. Plus he seems to post the first thing he finds on a subject.

2. profile image0

all things against the nature, desire and words of Elohim are sin.
                    you can twist it any way you prefer.
                    bottom line, is not a dispute of letters but of Will.

funny, practitioners are no better than the rest of the religious deluge and their supporters.

ps, my wife is laughing hysterically at this.
                    she wants to know why I keep indulging peoples need for self-seeking dialogue, when they really don't give a crap either way...

1. profile image0

You're not indulging me.
                      I corrected your error and it simply bothers you.

You like to insult others but you take correction as insult.

2. profile image0

yikes

Deborah are you Kapeeshing again? wink

1. profile image0

I think I am laughingly disagreeing.

2. profile image0

???

43. profile image0

Sorry, 21, but we can't close the gap between being human and being "God".......We are, and always will be (while our physical bodies are alive) humans subject to God's power.

And??? Adam was subject to Him, yet glorified -in body/mind/spirit.

Perhaps you think there was some other purpose to this 'salvation'?
      so do the keepers of the law of sin/death.

They would do even more things than that. They would do what He planned for all humans to do -be His glory, create as He instructed.
      unfortunately man thinks otherwise. Ironic.

Wrong, He didn't come to 'spritualize' anything. This was always the way, the truth, the light -the Word in us and us in it. This is why He is called the 2nd Adam. The 1st being righteous, accepted less -deceived into consciousness- by faith & law was found guilty of idolartry (putting another image between Creator and creation, a wedge of seperation, a hedge of thorns; By all points tried, convicted and sentenced to death because of it.
      But He being greater, made intercession on . our . behalf so we have no excuse, no reason to fear and boldly stand before the throne of Grace.

44. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Why not just ask me?  I was there, you know!  Adam didn't really know he was eating the forbidden fruit.  Eve tricked him into eating it and all men have suffered for it ever since.  Yes I know, Adam and I got punished because Eve could not stand to be told no.

Now I can't wear shoes and men are still eating whatever women put in front of their faces, while the ladies....well, the more things change........

1. profile image0

I ask you where was Adam while the serpent was harrassing Eve?
        And why didn't he turn down her offer to eat the fruit?

hmmm?

As I said, Adam didn't know.  Adam was naming the dinosaurs while this was happening.  And taking out the garbage.

You know, of course, that Eve was Adam's second wife.  Lilith was the first.

45. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years ago

I'm getting the impression that most do not know what other religions teach and seem to be focusing on Christianity. There actually are other religions than Christianity, folks.

The problem is that unless you enjoy the things that I do ; there must be something wrong with you.  I almost forgot, I am one of a kind so there must be something wrong with all of you.

Just kidding.. but .. you know what I'm talkin about ????

1. profile image54

No, sorry.

Sorry ..  Every body is doin it to some degree.

I guess because they don't realize that they are doin it,   is why they keep doing it ??

46. profile image0

FTR, Brenda, in answer to your question: yes, on several occasions.
      again, not my own power but the Anointing Spirit.

my own mum, who was raised in an Arabic church. After numerous priests and scientists could do nothing...
      my wife, who was raised in a non-religious, military country and is in many ways an atheist...

as for the other events you mentioned, there is no reason why we cannot. If Elijah could run 40 miles an hour, destroy an entire cult of Baal priests, be transformed; if Enoch was able by faith alone, and so many others, so can we. Y`shua told us this Himself.

by law (which is physical) and prophecy (which is spirit) we are free in every way to do -and i quote- "greater works than these"

{ see also Rev 1 & 19 }

Clinging to the 'Old Rugged Cross' is only going to give folks splinters. The golden shackles they wear are shiny, but pointless.

I laugh because Moses must have gone through this too, when trying to show 3 millions slaves they were free. Why the Hebrew rulers of the law closed their ears and tore their robes. Why every single prophet was killed. And Y`shua Himself who just shook his head because of unbelief -even after He rose up from death.

No, no, no they keep shouting! Law, law, law! Sin, sin, sin; Death, death, death! And get what they keep asking for.
      Still stuck in the consciousness that leads to death. For some, a second death. At least the ones from the great tribulation are fortunate that they cannot face the second death.

47. profile image0

Statement made by Twenty One Days:

"The Hebrew word for sin is chata'ah
      { pronounced } khat-aw-aw : meaning to miss the mark, fall short, lack of belief, an alternate instruction, a path unplanned."

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38690?p … post894887

You're too funny. big_smile
      The word chata'ah or Chatat was mistransliterated as SIN.
      The word chata'ah is the feminine word for chet.  Chata'ah means an offering for an unintentional offense.  It is an offense made by mistake and is not intentional chosen offenses.
      The Chata'ah shows sorrow for the offense.

The CH which is in Chet is pronounced Het  and the feminine word for Chet is Chata'ah and the CH is pronounced Hah.(this is a soft sound from the throat)
      It is the same as the sound in Chanukkah (Khah nik uh) known to most as Han-noo-kah

The ' between the a a (a 'a) means that one a is pronounced the way it is when used at the beginning of a word and the other as it sounds at the end of the word. So together the a 'a is pronounced with a new slightly different sound of the a and the 'a combined.

The word Chata'ah is therefore pronounced Hah-Taht (That sounds like OT or Hah-Tah-Ot)

Not aw-aw..no such sound as aw aw in Hebrew. big_smile

This shows me what I've thought all along. You copy someone else's ERRORS on the internet and post them as your own. neutral
      What you have posted is grossly incorrect.

48. profile image0

a, you haven't corrected me in any way.
      b, Joel, you should stop writing under your wife's id.
      it is too obvious -just from your posting yesterday, noble, but obvious.
      c, if i was going to insult anyone, it would not be here on an internet thread, it would be face to face.

so there ya go. enjoy your day.

Off to Central Park! Sunny, 70 and blue skies!

1. profile image0

He's not, he's at work.
        Plus he doesn't have my ID nor Sign-in..don't start just because you have been found out.
        Why I can't think for myself?

I understand you have always wanted everyone to think you know everything..

2. profile image0

By the way, I don't need anyone to speak for me. Because I have never called you out on anything you thought I was in agreement with you which isn't true. I saw a different person in you yesterday and saw some misquoted stuff today so I told you about it. This has made you angry. I have always been blunt so your assumptions are wrong.

49. Richieb799 profile image77
      Richieb799posted 14 years ago

I don't know how Christians and Muslims can fight anyway, They both have basis in the Old Testiment God

1. profile image54

By comparing the NT to the Quran, one can find a great deal of contrasting beliefs and contradictions across both texts. And, although Islam does recognize Jesus as a prophet, it is only Muhammad that had the final "word of god" revealed to mankind.

50. Richieb799 profile image77

As an answer to your first question, I kind of meant that the people who are in the spotlight who claim to be God's people are a lot different to the Martyrs and poor people who followed God in Biblical times..

I wouldn't class myself as part of a religion, I heard one song by Ziggy Marley yesterday which was quite nice 'Love is my Religion'

51. Richieb799 profile image77

Oh yes, sorry my answer was to answer the question about Religious texts suggesting there is only one true god

52. profile image0

who is talking to me? the male or female side of the Ism.
      As for you agreeing or disagreeing with any of my posts -who cares. Why would I be angry at someone posting information on an internet thread makes no sense at all.
      Misquoting whom? I don't believe I have ever quoted you.

It's not Yah shua { unless you're from New Jersey } or have issue with speech like Moses did when talking to -oh yeah, Yah shua, his armor bearer/second man.

Yeshua, Y'shua, Y`sha etc etc are all common uses of that name. Yah shua is Joshua or Yahoshua from where that translation is said to come.

So it appears you are only trying to make your 'self' appear cool in the eyes of the hubbers. A pity since I personally have listened/read your information without bias or ego and will continue to do so. I find it amazing up to that 'oh so brief moment yesterday with your hubbie', your comments to my replies were never critical in any fashion or self serving.

Makes me wonder...

1. profile image0

You really should stop calling me Joel. I don't need to hide behind anyone or anything. Frankly I'm not afraid of you.

No it is Yah Shua..Yah the name of God. He came in the NAME of his father.. IHVH is salvation
        Yah Shua is not Joshua..something else you have copied/learned from those in error on the internet.

You might want to check out a Hebrew website or buy a book written by a Hebrew.
        http://www.byse.org/
        http://www.hebrew4christians.net/Names_ … H/yah.html
        http://www.thenameofgod.org/TheAHleleUYAHKey.html

2. profile image0

Yes, it's ME trying to appear cool.big_smile
        Yesterday you tried to belittle me and others and that was fine. Today I correct you on something and I'm the big bad wolfette..

1. Hokey profile image61

Bad to the bone! tongue

2. profile image0

oh really? prove it.
          Perhaps, you are confusing me with 2 other people who were engaging you? Indeed. My statement to your 'hubbie' was one of compliment. You might want to re-read it, eh.

Now its much clearer why. I didn't see it before.
          makes sense the sudden interest in my posts and what looks like someones ruffled feathers.

53. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years ago

This is why I prefer Batman.   wink

54. profile image0

Nice seein' you too Hokey.
      I'm so glad you stayed!

1. Hokey profile image61

Thank you Brenda. You have a good night. Namaste

55. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years ago

What a dramatic irony has unfolded here ... Instead of the atheists arguing with one another, you have the believers arguing over how to interpret god's words ... which kind of proves the point Q was trying to make ... religions do diverge on belief ... and no ... that doesn't make sense, for reasons also given in this thread.

Here's a fine one I heard ... the meaning got corrupted over time ...

Really?

So ... Protestants and Lutherans diverged from Catholicism because they misheard some of the words? Actually, it's because they chose to believe differently - and for no other reason.

Now, keeping this in context, we are either to believe that religion evolves ...

*-* evolutionary religion ... I'm so gonna patent that phrase! smile *-*

... or the first and primary religion got it right and everyone has corrupted it since then to serve their own needs.

Going off all of this, then the first primary religion is the only one that has a chance at being right, which knocks out Christianity and Islam ... as these came later.

Now ... I ask ... what was the first religion? Was it Judaism? Was it Hinduism? Or was it something else?

Whatever it was ... only the very first religion has any chance of being right, as that would have been the religion handed down by god ... or whatever name might fall upon the first we worshiped.

And why must this be? Well, if god created Adam and Adam worshiped god, and Adam was the first human, then he created the original religion that revolved around worshiping god. Anything that occurs afterward is taken out of context and can't be trusted. After all, it was just god, Adam, and Eve back then, so Adam had at least 50% of God's attention, which means he would know exactly what God expected of him ... and yet ... he was the first one to sin (or perhaps the second, as Eve ate the apple first).

So, anyone know what the oldest recorded religion is? Anyone care to guess?

56. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Hinduism

1. yoshi97 profile image55
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So close! As far as religion being set in writing, Hinduism outdates Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. However, Animism (the worship of animals) predates Hinduism.

So, either we should all be worshiping animals or we should all become Hindus. smile

57. profile image0

I agree Christianity is a ? for many people, including those Jews who don't go by the New Testament.

The other religions are not a ? for Christians, though, because we know they're misguided.

Matthew 28, I believe it is, explains why many Jews don't accept Christ.

1. profile image54

Just as they know you are misguided, Brenda. That is the crux of my inquiry which many here seem to just right off to misinterpretation and misunderstanding. Once again, Brenda, you encapsulate the problem in your post. smile

2. profile image0

the core reason is based on the two tribes -Israel v Judah. The only two tribes to have kings. Israel claimed kingship of David, but prophetically, the true king would stem from Judah and not Israel himself. The remaining 10 tribes had kingdoms but no king (see rev 17).

Thus many Hebrews who say David as their king await the coming of Moshiach, The King. They refused Y`shua as king because of his humility, the way they perceived his coming, as of Judah a lion.

Much of the dispute lays in the Zayir { crowned man aka king }.
        Even still many Hebrews excitedly accept because they know what it means. The majority of Mosaic or Noah Hebrew followers refuse because of the law itself. Removal of law displaced them, made them and their works seem pointless/needless. Even though they had the prophets and examples -mentioned in the letter of Hebrews, etc.

There is much more to it than what Christianity teaches, especially with regard to Revelations and assumed 2nd coming, which is not actually a physical event, when read from Hebrew perspective. The Zayin is already crowned, He is King of all.
        It is truly beautiful, pictorial and shout-worthy!.

58. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Twenty One Days ... There is much more to it than what Christianity teaches, especially with regard to Revelations and assumed 2nd coming, which is not actually a physical event, when read from Hebrew perspective. The Zayin is already crowned, He is King of all.
      Its  beautiful, pictorial and shout-worthy!.

Jerami said    What ever the second coming of Christ is to be, I think that it cAme as he said that it would.
      "This generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled"   but no one know the DAY or hour. but at some time in that Generation.

59. profile image0

Indeed Jerami.
      It did happen in that generation -the death/resurrection.
      Not coincidentally, in Revelation, it says: ehyeh asher ehyeh 'in the clouds' meaning I am I, in the covering or covered in glory.

Clouds represent covering, as in the 'cloud by day', 'cloud of witnesses', 'cloud in the Tabernacle', 'cloud on Mount Sinai', signifying the GLORY of the resurrection, glory of Elohim.

The Hebrew translation is the same in all instances from which John is speaking. PLUS, it is a present event -not past or future, noted at the beginning and end of the vision.

There are many diffrent prospectives that scripture can be seen from. people should be able to look at them from at least  three diffrent prospectives; Kinda like the triangualation method used with radar to find the exact location of an object.
           One single view should not be trusted.

All to often our minds can not see three dimentionaly, Seeing three diffrent views of the same object or issue.
           Until we can do this, we can be said to be closed minded.
        And never agree with "anyone" unless they agree with us. 

Sometimes not always ... the middle of the road is the proper place to be.
          As long as we are there "NOT" cause it is easiest, but because we see with a broad enough of vision and see that is where we are suposed to be.

60. profile image0

again, the message is : it is finished.

from adam to moses, david, the prophets, the judges, the temple, the devil, death, sin, hell, fire and brimstone -all finished.

time to become that glory.
      else, let the man return to the dust he came, so at least his spirit is not lost.

if they want captivity, so they'll get it...
      if they live by sword, they'll die by it...
      but, if they live by 'every word that proceeds from the mouth of Elohim' -that is the breathe of Life, the Spirit of prophecy {the glorified Word & Testimony of Y`shua } they shall not die but have Life.

all good stuff.

61. optimus grimlock profile image61
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

Hmmm we werent there when all the relegions began and books of the bible were written. How do we know its not all B.S. and made up by crazy people, ask yourselves that then reply! I believe this is were your personal faith comes in, what you religiously stand for! Just be true to yourself, follow the golden rule and you'll be alright.

62. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 13 years ago

There is just one main message and rule from all of the religions/god and that is to be good and get along with everyone else... The rest is just bullshit made up by people in an attempt to control other people!!!

I do not see that your statement and mine are a bit conflicting.

2. profile image52

Hi friend  LeanMan

I think you are mistaken; one has to be good to others because it emanates from believing in ONEGOD- the Creator-God Allah YHWH and believing in His Prophets Messengers chosen by Him; only then one abstains from following the Devil and doing mischief to others.

Thanks

63. Rishy Rich profile image73
      Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Theres only one message: I AM GOD SO WORSHIP ME!

64. getitrite profile image69
      getitriteposted 13 years ago

Sometimes people can come so close to accepting reality, but, then, they can't let go of that last ounce of fear.

So what do they do?  Rationalize something they know is false.

Some people think that if they disagree with the Religion is teaching then they are turning their back on their God.
            That isn't true
           From now on when I try my hand at making up a parable I will declare the fact by numbering it.

parable # 247 ...  Ya do not have to jump out of the fishing boat just cause ya want a different fishing poles.

1. getitrite profile image69
          getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you understood my statement, because your response is way off.  Why can't you just lose the fear of the bible-and the concept that it is the inspired word of god?

You can't lose the fear, so all you do is rationalize. 
          What you are rebelling against is ORGANIZED religion, but to state that you are not religious, while believing in the same bible that organized religions believe in, is illogical.

The bible is not the inspired word of god, no matter how much energy one uses to rationalize this utterly absurd concept.

sorry about the incorect quote earlier.

I am not a scientist either but I understand and believe some of what I read in their books.

I know enough about the bible to know that to better understand what we are reading ya caint start in the middle and run around in circles gathering enough information to understand it properly.
              You will either get dizzy or lost.

That is my biggest complaint with religion. It teaches us to run in circles attempting to find what is right in front of us.
              That in turn makes me ask myself  WHY?

1. getitrite profile image69
              getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not a good analogy.  You can test the theories and facts in a science book before blindly believing them. 

Good point.

Do you not understand that this is what you are doing right now?  So ask YOURSELF why?

I'm just taking a walk through the forums.

No circles.  started out at go and been goin in the same direction ever sence.

65. profile image0
      zampanoposted 13 years ago

It was their mother's fault.

66. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Love the honesty. lol lol lol lol lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)