jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Choice: All brain, no heart? Or no brain, all heart?

1. Popelton profile image57
    Popeltonposted 7 years ago

Choice: All brain, no heart? Or no brain, all heart?

In other words, genius-level intellectual talent but little ability to love or feel emotion or passion, OR little capacity for intelligence but a great ability to feel empathy, love, and passion.

2. Bredavies profile image77
    Bredaviesposted 7 years ago

No brain all heart all day! I use my heart to think more then my brain anyway. smile

3. CDL Career Coach profile image72
    CDL Career Coachposted 7 years ago

Tough choice, a fair amount of both seems to be best, but I think I'd want to lean toward all heart...

4. AngusNz profile image59
    AngusNzposted 7 years ago

you mean be creative or make money, tough choice.......

5. shahadat73 profile image34
    shahadat73posted 7 years ago

Without talent we are still human... without love we are not human -  my believe. so i will go for the second choice...

6. rajivnandy profile image61
    rajivnandyposted 7 years ago

well it all depends .....on an emotional front i 'd have to say heart cuz ur wen u take decisions from ur heart your soul tells u whats right or  whats wrong. Its only when you think from  your heart that you know consciously from within that what you are doing is right .

when it comes to logic ..ur heart is sort of naive in that matter

7. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I'll go with the brains.  I'm sure I'll find a way to stay amused.

8. Edlira profile image67
    Edliraposted 7 years ago

I would choose somewhere in the middle...lol....

9. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

Good question... Obviously most would seek a mid point between intelligence and emotion. If you study people though, you will find some as you describe above, with either lots of emotion and limited intelligence, or with a vast intelligence and very little, if any emotion. I'm sticking in the middle.

10. naijainvestor profile image61
    naijainvestorposted 7 years ago

I'll definite stick to brains, i think i might be able to do well heart than I would without brains.

11. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

People who truly are "all brain" are smart enough to know how to have a heart.  People who only appear to be "all brain" but who have no heart only appear to be "all brain" - so I'd choose brain, and then I'd use it to make sure I built a nice, big, heart to go along with it.    smile

12. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I'll go with the conservative option and choose all brain and no heart.  I'll depend on common sense to support my emotional side and hope the brain power allows me to make good choices which I can afford as opposed to totally following my heart in some brainless stumble into financial crisis. WB

13. THE DIVINE YOU. profile image59
    THE DIVINE YOU.posted 7 years ago

Very difficult choice, if you really think through it..... With brains you may get very powerful and rich... With just a heart, you may be a powerful savage or a gentle lamb... You being may then be rock by series of emotional turmoil...

14. lisaaudino profile image58
    lisaaudinoposted 7 years ago

Definately all heart!  They say that people who are higher in the emotional intelligence area are more successful all around.  If you can relate to someone, you will have better communication.  If you are just brains but cant relate to others or communicate, then how will you know the best ways to focus efforts.  Plus, I would rather be all heart and enjoy life, my family, and those around me!  Life is too short to not feel it.

working