jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why do men think they can fight for God?

1. THE DIVINE YOU. profile image58
    THE DIVINE YOU.posted 7 years ago

Why do men think they can fight for God?

2. twobmad profile image79
    twobmadposted 7 years ago

I think because men are blinded by the blessings (strength, ability, brain, conscience etc.) But in fact God doesn't need us to fight for him. It is we that insist to do that.

3. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

Because they have been brainwashed form childhood to believe that their version of 'god' is the only true version - everyone else's version is evil.

Ask yourself this question - if Israel was, indeed, promised to the Israelites by god why did they have to slaughter thousands of men, women and children (and - in some cases - even cattle) to take possession of it? Israel - according to the Bible - was founded on carnage.

The Bible isn't - by and large - a historical document. There are, however, a few passages in it that allude to actual historical events - all of these allusions relate to battles and warfare. Much of what is left alludes to mythical battles and wars. THE BIBLE IS ALL ABOUT WAR.

Getting people to fight each other for a cause (the further enrichment of those already rich) is the PRIMARY PURPOSE OF RELIGION.

4. BobbiRant profile image59
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

Last I knew, God needed little help in that area, maybe the Bible fights, where God told them what to do was to show their trust in His guidance and His power to protect them.  But when governments claim to be doing it, they are blowing smoke at us.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

they don't think it. men or shall i say humans are god so they are fighting for themselves. see god is just something people use to give them strength but the irony is they are their own god and they just don't realise it.

6. Blessitbe profile image61
    Blessitbeposted 7 years ago

Men don’t need to fight for God, that’s mankind taking thing to another level as usual, God fights for man soul every day. He protects us.

7. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Just shows to go you that there is a sucker born every minute and a lot of people don't have all their lights turned on.

8. Mark Upshaw profile image59
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

Why do women raise their boys to think that they can fight for God?

9. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 7 years ago

I guess that it instills people with a sense of purpose. Also, it may be comforting for some to believe that a paradise awaits them if they become martyrs. It is easier to go off and die a glorious death than to struggle with the complex problems of the world.

What's funny is that people believe that God needs them to fight for him? If he is so powerful, then why does he need pathetic human warriors?

working