jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If,measured your life,how far up the ladder, or in the time spans of life would

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

If,measured your life,how far up the ladder, or in the time spans of life would you say that you...

are NOW.

2. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 7 years ago

We are all at the end/beginning of the ladder. Each moment begins anew, repeating endlessly, each day, a new dawn, but the same one. Can't see the bottom of the ladder, can't see the top...just keep moving.

3. Bible Studies profile image69
    Bible Studiesposted 7 years ago

I don't believe in reincarnation. If life was measured, I believe it would be measured by how much good a person has done in this world.

4. simplymoneyboy profile image58
    simplymoneyboyposted 7 years ago

I would say that i am still climbing the ladder, the ladder is very big. lol

5. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

Depends what you mean by 'life.'  Are you talking about this particular presence in the physical body you now reside in and will eventually shed?   You mentioned the word 'your', so you're not talking about Life with a capital L and referring to this incomprehensible phenomenon The Life Force which appears to permeate everything and every thing (even rocks are made up of dancing electrons, and this movement must be life)

In the first of these, I must be well into my last quarter.  I'm seventy-five in April.  In the last of these, I am a segement of this huge Life Force - or at least this is my contention - so I am really immortal.  I am the life, not that in which it is contained.

Oh, and yes, I do believe in Reincarnation.   Living a 'life of quiet desperation' which comes to nothing makes no sense at all to me.   But I'd better stop here.   Afterall, I've said enough about these things in the numerous Hubs I've written in past sixteen months.

6. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

i think i'm about a quarter of the way through, though in acheievements, not that far, but i'm working on it smile

7. saesha profile image58
    saeshaposted 7 years ago

I remember being at the beginning of the ladder, and at the time i didn't realize I was so far from the top.
    Now I have the sense that i've climbed, and looking at the bottom is pretty scary from up here. I can barely see it.
    The top is a long way to go, it gets kind of boring once in a while. I wonder if there's another connecting ladder that goes in another direction. Any big birds to jump onto.

8. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

I am at the top of the ladder and watching the parade of life passing by beneath me.

9. KatieCohen profile image56
    KatieCohenposted 7 years ago

I believe in just having a good life and not worrying about it.

working