jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you know when you have stop?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

How do you know when you have stop?

It is to my knowledge that whatever habit you have given up or that you are trying to give up,..the PROOF of that conclusion of thought is made evident when you have money...but don't spend it nor contribute any of it to nor on your pass habits.
    And in addition,one must have a REPLACEMENT of equal desire as to what you are giving up.....or you shall return to where you was and the state that you was in before you made your first decision.

2. Cellebrate! profile image74
    Cellebrate!posted 7 years ago

I know when to stop when my conscience tells me to. I know when to stop when the Holy Spirit tells me to stop. Since asking guidance from God guarantees the best answer and direction, that's the thing I do, listen to Him and do as He says.

3. lawrencebeach2010 profile image59
    lawrencebeach2010posted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4564368_f260.jpg

Conscience is a big part of knowing when to stop. You get this overwhelming feeling. Another way of knowing is when your life is effected in a way you didn't want it to be or even in a way you wanted it.

4. dear addict profile image58
    dear addictposted 7 years ago

If I understand your question correctly, How do you know when you have to stop [something?]? Is when you want to but no longer can. 
    We use every element possible to rationalize how we will stop, ie; other habits, money, environmental changes, people places and things. 

Sounds odd, but yes the time to stop anything is when you want to but are unable to

Hi BTW  smile))))))

5. profile image48
    finding42posted 7 years ago

knowing--is---unrealistcally-finite--stopping chasing--anything---is--the end of--is---saying g'bye---   it is-getting-in increments-that-you-and that which you chase--are-not meant to be-together
    knowing--that----grasping-   -wrapping-that--   there is-nothing more painful
    there was nothing more--delayed
    and
    unwanted
    you always know--you have to stop
    you always know--it will---hurt
    you just never can imagine
    how
    much

6. juneaukid profile image77
    juneaukidposted 7 years ago

Even supposedly good habits like writing have to come to a pause in order that you may have greater perspective on the weaknesses and strengths of your own creativity.

7. profile image0
    lovazaposted 7 years ago

When it doesn't feel right or not benefiting me.

8. noetic profile image56
    noeticposted 7 years ago

Putting a stop is always difficult...just transition slowly, it is easy, smooth and pretty way of leaving bad habits and getting into good habits....Just decide and then make a transition plan  smile

9. Keith Worth profile image59
    Keith Worthposted 7 years ago

You know you have to stop when you can't control it anymore.

If you've lost your ability to resist the habit than it's taken over and it's time to let it go.

Or when someone gets hurt because of it, of course.

working