jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

Is laughter a medicine?

1. drdspervez profile image70
    drdspervezposted 7 years ago

Is laughter a medicine?

2. twobmad profile image78
    twobmadposted 7 years ago

I do believe laughter is a great medicine. Provided that our laughter doesn't offend or disturb others. Lest the said medicine may turn into poison.

3. guy1973 profile image60
    guy1973posted 7 years ago

i will say, yes. there has been time when i was down and upset, and people will make me laugh and after wards i always feel much better, and experience a great sense of relief and it makes me see what am struggling with from a new perspective, a more positive one

4. profile image0
    lovazaposted 7 years ago

Laughter eases tension physcially and mentally.  It's wonderful to hear a child's laughter and I think we should laugh more often because there is much sorrow, stress and strife in our society.  Yes, laughter is good medicine for the soul.  It can make a serious situation into something unforgettable.  So laugh away!  ha ha!  ha ha!  xD  xD xD

5. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

i believe so, it releases endorphines that reduce stress

6. 6hotfingers3 profile image61
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

I choose to believe laughter is medicine for the soul. Laughter allows a person to be in the present for a few moments. It releases all your cares just for an instant. At that very moment the brain releases positive chemicals that radiate throughout the body. For a moment there is no  pain and no concern.That is medicine in my mind.

7. maverickserp profile image57
    maverickserpposted 7 years ago

Indeed, I believe as well.

When you laugh, you're happy. And it triggers something in our brain and produces some chemicals that ease our tense and probably some ailments.

8. Alhamora profile image62
    Alhamoraposted 7 years ago

I am not sure if it has any health benefits to the body but for the mind, of course, it is a great medicine.

9. Mahmo profile image59
    Mahmoposted 7 years ago

Yes it is a defensive way against the pain when we are scared of many things in our life or when we need to add some doses to our happiness.

10. antobezzina profile image61
    antobezzinaposted 7 years ago

I surely think it is.  Much better medicine than the conventional ones at least. 

Watch this video.  It made me laugh.  It's about Laughing Yoga.

http://tv.braveheartwomen.com/?bcpid=50 … 5428617001

11. sturner1 profile image66
    sturner1posted 7 years ago

I believe so. It cures sadness, and loneliness, and generally brightens a persons day. I've heard that laughter helps you live longer. Here are  some interesting links about case studies about it, and how laughing relieves stress.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/person … ive-longer

12. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Scientific studies indicate laughter is good medicine.  Making people feel better is always good medicine... hence dog/pet visits in hospitals which are shown to dramatically help many people.

13. Claudin_Dayo profile image61
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

this question was actually my midterm exam in English and my answer would be yes. Laughter is actually a 'free' medicine, if we laugh our problems out we may not notice it but we have the same problems but with a lighter feeling and a clearer head smile

14. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Laughter is absolutely a medicine and a good one.  Laughing makes you feel good especially if shared with someone--it can be a bonding experience.  And, of course, there is that thing with it producing endorphins!  It is a win-win situation.

15. Edoka Writes profile image61
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

Certainly- it changes your mood, it puts pep in your step, and it gives an instant face lift!

16. sonia05 profile image59
    sonia05posted 7 years ago

i believe laughter works as a medicine to a great extent. It helps in destressing,unwinding,forgetting the tensions and the pain.