jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

Is this life meaningless?

1. Alhamora profile image64
    Alhamoraposted 7 years ago

Is this life meaningless?

2. sebusharma profile image57
    sebusharmaposted 7 years ago

NO,
    it's mind thinking ..

Life is beautiful smile

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

I think not..............no  thing is without meaning.  NO thing........and yet we are discussing LIFE itself.

4. Manna in the wild profile image68
    Manna in the wildposted 7 years ago

The whole universe consists of information. Meaning is the interpretation of that information. It takes a mind to create meaning. Each collection of information is presented to each mind in the same way, yet the meaning of that information depends on the mind observing it.

Therefore 'this life' as you ask, and any other life with even a rudimentary brain must, by definition have meaning.

5. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

If we are meaningless, our own life will be meaningless, not the life it self.
    We who give the meaning for the life.

6. roadrockafella profile image59
    roadrockafellaposted 7 years ago

If you want it to be (Space filler---hubpages doesn't want short answers)

7. Alhamora profile image64
    Alhamoraposted 7 years ago

Thank you all for the answers. Now will you please answer my next question.

8. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

life is what you make of it, if you want it to be meaningless it is, but if you want it to have meaning, it shall

9. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

only if you let it be. nothing is meaningless if someone cares about it.

10. Edoka Writes profile image62
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

No, it isn't. The love we experience is intoxicating. The food we enjoy is delicious. The hot summer day is exciting. Therefore, if we lost it tomorrow, wouldn't there be some wonderful memories?

11. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

No, this life is not meaningless.  And one who might feel that way may be dealing with chronic depression.

12. GdessLacey profile image57
    GdessLaceyposted 7 years ago

We all have a purpose, even if we don't believe it. I wrote a hub on this. I hope it helps.

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-Your-Life-Purpose

And I believe that every life is priceless.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-My-Life-Worth-It-YES

No matter how hard something is, there is always hope; a glimmer of life at the end of the tunnel.

13. JuneBug <33 profile image58
    JuneBug <33posted 7 years ago

Most definitely not!! (: I think that God created us all for some reason. That reason, we all have to figure out on our own. I think that we all have a certain talent or passion that makes us who we are, and that thing brings us to places in life that makes our lives interesting. I think that God put us here to spread the word of his kingdom, so we can learn to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ, our Lord, and grow to be better people every day. So, putting it simply, no, I don't think this life is meaningless. (:

14. profile image0
    lovazaposted 7 years ago

I thought we had a question on "what is the purpose of our lives? "  So, I'm thinking if we don't have a purpose in life, then life would indeed be meaningless.

15. Kavita Martin profile image57
    Kavita Martinposted 7 years ago

I think life is not meaningless,and always depend impact just like positive or negative.life what you make and what you do?

working