jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Do you require love in order to give love , or is your love free?

1. Jangaplanet profile image79
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Do you require love in order to give love , or is your love free?

2. Julie2 profile image60
    Julie2posted 7 years ago

No, I have given it even though I hadn't received it in return. That is one of my flaws I guess.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I love regardless of whether or not I'm loved in return. That said, if there is no return love, eventually my ability to express it gets more and more impaired -- it does hurt when it's not reciprocated, and so I tend to retreat into my little shell and keep my feelings in there with me.

4. solar10 profile image60
    solar10posted 7 years ago

Yes, I can only give love to some one because I have been loved by the True Lover.

5. guy1973 profile image61
    guy1973posted 7 years ago

love is something that should be free of charge regardless of who we are dealing with.

6. winepress profile image56
    winepressposted 7 years ago

My love is not free at all, I love based on what I see.
    I give 50/50 when it comes to love relationship.
    70/30 at work 'cause that's where I get my bread.
    30/? when I meet strangers and
    10/90 when it comes to God.

7. arb profile image79
    arbposted 7 years ago

It's free. I tried charging for it and had to go out of business!

8. cobrien profile image76
    cobrienposted 7 years ago

When I took Personal and Social Adjustment in college, we learned that unless love is reciprocated, it will die out.

9. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Nope. If you are giving love in order to recieve it then it's not authentic.. Its business. And therefore, not love.
    Its very liberating when you can give love freely and authentically from within as an expression of who you are.. without fear.

10. Thesource profile image78
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Great question.

True love has no reason or condition. Sure it is free without strings attached.

As a child I saw that, I did not earn the love my parents gave me. I learned then love was free and unconditional.

Therefore I don't believe God's love has any conditions or reason. Even my dog gives me unconditional love. However, spiritually primitive religious institutions have falsely proclaimed God's Love is conditional.

They claim we must accept certain a person or do something or not do some other things to gain God's never ending love.

11. poorconservative1 profile image60
    poorconservative1posted 7 years ago

Unrequited sucks. Everything has a price, you just have to decide weather you want to pay it or not. The price for love is love.

12. dianne143 profile image36
    dianne143posted 7 years ago

No, it should be give and take and never expect something in return. Most of all we should give our love-ones an unconditional.

13. theseus profile image77
    theseusposted 7 years ago

It's for free. I gave it even if it's pretty obvious that it will not be reciprocated.

When you love, do not expect something in return, for if you do, that would be investing and not loving.. smile

working