jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What difference is there between the brain,the mind,and the intellect?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

What difference is there between the brain,the mind,and the intellect?

2. KimDaphne profile image60
    KimDaphneposted 7 years ago

The brain is the organ that contains all the parts that makes the thinking, feeling, and the whole nervous system work. The mind on the other hand comprises the emotional and the psychological side, meaning the feeling and the thinking process of the brain.
    Lastly, intellect refers to the amassed information in the brain that has a big influence to ones analysis and understanding.

3. Darlene Sabella profile image57
    Darlene Sabellaposted 7 years ago

Wow, I love this question, I am only a lay person with no scientfic back groud, thus I will give this a shot..the brain is the life force of the mind, the brain as you know is divided into different section and they each section controls and are in charge of different funtions.  To me the mind is what you see and take in to gain knowledge.  Which will create your level of intellegence, with whatever limitations you might have been dealt with and how you take the information.  I am somewhat wondering about reason, some people seem to have no common sense, so how do they reason?  Love & peace darski

4. L. Spikes profile image89
    L. Spikesposted 7 years ago

The brain is the physical storage place for information. The mind recognizes and gathers that information. The intellect determines how well you make sense of the information and are able to express it.

5. Craan profile image68
    Craanposted 7 years ago

The mind and intellect are of the same entity, comprised of all you think about. This is impossible without  the presence of a physical brain made of skull, nerves, blood and brain matter.

6. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Scientists have been looking into this for some time.  There are confused because they are looking in the wrong places with the wrong assumptions.

The brain is a processing device. It is an electrical organ works which works similar to a computer with memory. It connect all inputs of various organs and it also controls other organs like the heart. Brain decomposes after death.

You mind is found on every cell of your body. Each cell even behaves as if it has a mind of its own. The brain processes the information generated by these cells. You mind is very creative. It even exists with your soul after death.

Intellect may be defined by many in different ways. The closest meaning to intellect is the capacity to comprehend and evaluate complex issues. I may be wrong on this one.

working