jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you ever turn the other cheek?

1. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Have you ever turn the other cheek?

I think that it is more than one way to do so.

2. theseus profile image81
    theseusposted 7 years ago

Most of the time, I do. I choose my battles. If it's not worth the effort and time, then, I'd rather distance myself from such a negative person. There's more to life than holding a grudge.

3. Smalgov profile image59
    Smalgovposted 7 years ago

Sure, I have turned the other cheek. As a Christian it happens all the time. Even, here in the US Christians are persecuted all the time, we have to turn turn the other cheek to continue on.

4. ColibriPhoto profile image82
    ColibriPhotoposted 7 years ago

There is a great story about a champion heavy-weight boxer who gave up the sport after becoming a Christian. One day a few guys got drunk and decided to test the retired boxers convictions. They went to his house and asked him "Do you turn the other cheek?" The boxer replied yes. At that point one of the guys hit the boxer and knocked him to the ground. He got up and approached the unruly drunk and turned his other cheek to him. The jerk again hit the man knocking him to the ground. As the boxer was getting up he started rolling up his sleeves. The intruder looked at him in terror and asked him what he was doing. At that the boxer replied, "That is as far as my instructions direct me."

5. profile image48
    raxxsachposted 7 years ago

I am of the view that giving up is not always the right thing to do.One should not assume that we are weak if we are giving up.giving up all the time can also be a sign of being coward.After proving that you are strong and you are capable if then you give up that makes more sense to me..One should not consider me like a weak poison less snake who is not biting just because it is incapable..

6. philirodje profile image60
    philirodjeposted 7 years ago

Well, I would say turning the other cheek depends. i really wouldn't turn the other cheek for any reason. But i have always used diplomacy in fighting some battles

7. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Yes, so much so, that others do not recoginze the other one!

They do not expect that I have limitations..........but I do~~

8. mrpooper profile image56
    mrpooperposted 7 years ago

Never had to turn the other cheek. When my parents spanked me, they made sure to get both cheeks.