jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Atheist ,how do you explain things that don't have DNA,yet exist with spirit and

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Atheist ,how do you explain things that don't have DNA,yet exist with spirit and intelligence.

Is that not a form of higher intellect?

2. Richard Fernandez profile image71
    Richard Fernandezposted 7 years ago

Well first of all I would like to know what you mean by exist, and what you mean by spirit, and what you mean by intelligence. I can not fully answer your question. I am not atheist but I know what a scientist would say. By a form of higher intellect do you mean God? Lets say that you are right, things that do not have to have DNA can with intelligence and consciousness. Then you presuppose that the reason that this entity has these things is because of God? There is no other possible explanation for it? Presupposing a reason is breaking the scientific method. We study, then conclude, not the other way around. And the scientific method is what got us to the moon, made us find out what DNA was, and is the reason why we can have this conversation now. I would like to point out that just because we do not have all the answers, does not mean we need to scribble in the blanks with God. Not knowing is spiritual and humble, just like Jesus spoke of.

3. spookyfox profile image71
    spookyfoxposted 7 years ago

I don't know what the obsession of religious people is with feeling inferior.

Wouldn't it be better to discuss this in the forums, so that you can provide more specific examples of this "things"?

And whatever they are, what's with the need for hierarchy? Why does it have to be 'superior' rather than just different?

As usual, with your numerous questions, I don't think you're looking for real answers, but confirmation of your own beliefs.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

what are you talking about? you seem to be obsessed with trying to prove athiests wrong. what things exist that don't have dna, do you mean like a rock ?

working