jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What bible verse helps you the most in life, and strengthen your relationship wi

1. jagandelight profile image78
    jagandelightposted 6 years ago

What bible verse helps you the most in life, and strengthen your relationship with God?

2. CayleeLuna profile image60
    CayleeLunaposted 6 years ago

Psalm 40.  It seems to apply to everything.

3. chiem1121 profile image57
    chiem1121posted 6 years ago

Isaiah 53:4-5 says

"Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."

This verse captures what God did for us. We deserved the punishment Jesus got. But, He loves us so much that He made His one and only son suffer the punishment instead of us. So by Jesus' wounds, we are healed. Being healed means we get to talk to God, worship God, and spend eternity with God

4. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

Psalms 55:22 - Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

5. www.lookseenow profile image60
    www.lookseenowposted 6 years ago

An introduction that rouses interest is the very first Bible verse:

(Ge 1:1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

This verse, one of my many favorites tells me that the physical heavens and the earth had a beginning, but God was there to create it.  Since he has no beginning, he lives forever and ever.  (Re 10:6)

No person called the spirit was moving invisibly over the waters that covered the entire globe.  That spirit was an impersonal active force of God.

Long before the paradise of Eden was made, even before the earth came to be, Jehovah decided to make a man and to give him a beautiful home. 

No one was there to see it; that is no human viewed whatever manifestation God’s active force made.  There were, though, unseen spirit persons who observed and, as stated in (Job 38:7) 

The morning stars joyfully cried out together, and all the sons of God began shouting in applause.

6. MBDungo profile image58
    MBDungoposted 6 years ago

Even the unbelievers can believe if they read the verses in the Bible that happened on the feature like before 2500+ years is anybody can say the earth is round, and hang upon nothing? Etc..

7. JMHeller profile image67
    JMHellerposted 6 years ago

for I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

I have faith God will keep his promise...
    Faith is the substance of things hoped for,and the evidence of things not yet seen. Hebrews 11:6

8. Dexter Yarbrough profile image83
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

Isaiah 55:11 - "So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

9. darrylcrawford profile image67
    darrylcrawfordposted 6 years ago

Psalms 23

Even though I have many others I believe Psalm 23 is a great place for me to start.

10. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 6 years ago

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."  This verse has been invaluable to me in my walk with the Lord. So many trials...and I certainly do love God!

11. Janellegems profile image66
    Janellegemsposted 5 years ago

I Peter 5:10

But the God of all grace, who has called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

working