jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is a soul? And does it exist.

1. Ranzi profile image82
    Ranziposted 7 years ago

What is a soul? And does it exist.

2. mbbs profile image55
    mbbsposted 7 years ago

soul is only ur thinking.......it's not matter of living existance

3. youmeget profile image77
    youmegetposted 7 years ago

soul is a portion of God living in us. It exists, without it we are either dead or living in a different world. Soul + Body = Man.
    I've attached a link to my hub on the soul
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Where-do-there-souls-go

4. andromida profile image60
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

I think soul is the spiritual part of you that is intangible, yet the most important part of your personality.

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

This is the answer. Your soul is the essence of who you are down to the core of your being which includes your desires , thoughts, motives, and free will. The spirit is what GOD gives to every single human being to be able to go to heaven and live forever in his presence throughout eternity. There is also that other option which is not desirable which is hell.

6. raghavrathi profile image68
    raghavrathiposted 7 years ago

Soul is what you are.....
    It is what is grease to a machine.
    it keeps it all running without failure.....

Without his soul, man won't be man.

It is God's small portion that we get with us when we are born.
    How we shape it, either good or bad, is upon us....

7. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4816131_f260.jpg

If the soul as commonly understood as the 'spark of God' and God is all things - including evil, then describing the soul  as enduring when life ceases is to choose to ignore the changes of a personality due to chemical imbalance or brain injury that leads close family members to says "X became a different person' after the accident.

If my core being is suicidal and I take a pill that makes me stop thinking of killing myself - am I myself?

Example: in the Matrix 3 when:

(The Hammer: mess hall)
    Bane: I really wish I could help, but I just... I don't remember any of it.
    Roland: What about the cuts on your arms? Those cuts are more than one day old.
    Bane: Yeah, definitely. You're right about that, sir. They look like they might be self-inflicted. Why would I do something like that to myself? Unless, of course, I wasn't myself... but... if I'm not me, then who am I?

8. SpiritPhilosopher profile image53
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 7 years ago

The brain is physical and soul is Spiritual.

9. Max_Power profile image59
    Max_Powerposted 7 years ago

Hi Ranzi,
    In my opinion the soul is the part of us that remains unthinking and unchanged. It is the silent observer inside us that does not interfere or participate in human drama.
    It has ultimate power, but not in the way people recognise or understand power.
    Our souls are connected and are part of one great ocean that is the Universe. We are not separate from the Universe (or God), we are a part of it. When you take a glass of water out of the ocean it seems separate, but it is still part of the ocean.
    And so I suppose my answer is 'Yes', the soul exists.
    I'm actually not really religious Lol, this is just my two cents wink

10. DanuckInUSA profile image60
    DanuckInUSAposted 7 years ago

The soul is your true being. It is that element of you that faces eternity.

working