jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why Did the Vatican Name It’s New Arizona Telescope “Lucifer”?

1. Jangaplanet profile image79
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

Why Did the Vatican Name It’s New Arizona Telescope “Lucifer”?

2. irenemaria profile image72
    irenemariaposted 6 years ago

The reason could be that they wanted to honor their god?

3. Michaelmas profile image64
    Michaelmasposted 6 years ago

The name Lucifer actually means "light bearer". It is also used to refer to the morning star. The bible never actually names Lucifer as the name of the devil so in this context they are using the astronomical aspects of the name Lucifer

4. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 6 years ago

Many confuse the two "Bright Morning Star" which is Jesus Christ,  and son of the morning Lucifer "Satan"

Jesus Christ
    Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Isa 14:12     How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Lucifer is the God of the Catholic Church they think he is the Light, but only Christ is the Light

5. ryancarter profile image61
    ryancarterposted 6 years ago

Probably because they use it to spy on showering coeds... 'least that's what I'd use it for...

I'm completely joking...

It simple isn't true, or maybe it's just true-ish, check this out

http://crossed-the-tiber.blogspot.com/2 … cifer.html

6. DanuckInUSA profile image61
    DanuckInUSAposted 6 years ago

Because it is surround by blazing heat staring into the abyss.

7. peterxdunn profile image58
    peterxdunnposted 6 years ago

Lucifer was the Latin name for Venus. It shouldn't appear, as a name, in the Old Testament at all as Latin wasn't in widespread use when the OT was written.

I have recently discovered, however, that the trajectory of Venus: as it moves against the background of the fixed stars, traces out an incomplete pentagram - symbol of the Goat of Mendes much beloved by Satanists - and that this incomplete pentagram can also be discerned hidden in a street map of Washington DC. Makes one wonder - doesn't it?

8. PAPA-BEAR profile image60
    PAPA-BEARposted 6 years ago

Because the Vatican gives little thought to pleasing the true God. What fool came up with using a name for The Devil, it shows how they miss the scriptures, 'the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.'