jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Does life have purpose without God?

1. DanuckInUSA profile image60
    DanuckInUSAposted 6 years ago

Does life have purpose without God?

2. skisy profile image84
    skisyposted 6 years ago

More of an observation than absolute answer, because that would mean having to define "true purpose" which of course not everyone would be in agreement on. But people tend to ascribe purpose to their life, we pretty much all choose our life goal and ambitions and as such the purpose of our life or what we live for. For many this is in relation to God. So yes, life can have a purpose without God, but only what is given to it by humans.

As for the existence of life itself, without a Creator, it would merely be a matter of being born, living and then dying with no real ultimate purpose for that life.

And what I've unintentionally managed to do there is a typical philosophical answer, arguing both sides of the argument at once =P

3. profile image50
    Darshan Lalposted 6 years ago

we are all in the bounaries of god.so, our liver are not purposeless.

4. wilbury4 profile image73
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

What percentage of people are non believers?
    I would guess that over 50% of people do not have a God, yet they get on with live, they build homes, they produce families.
    Is family more important than God? In my opinion family is foremost.
    Therefore life does have a purpose without God!
    Cheers..

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

Absolutely yes. It is pure comedy show with people pronouncing that our GOD is a myth god of whom I am representing of through my 1 article and answering questions on hubpages. Now if our GOD is a myth god then I must be insane like those in the movie with Jack Nicholas in " One Flew over the coo coo nest " Now read all of my answers and make a movie with it word for word and you would have the greatest movie of all time but just remember to give me my cut because I am insane and my myth GOD might just be the real thing on the earth. By all means do not forget to give my myth god his cut also. Now that is funny. Now that is a comedy movie with all of my answers to questions on hubpages. It is very amusing and I do have a great sense of humor with my myth GOD. You will always be entertained with my answers that I boldly and upfront proclaim for all to see openly and not ashamed of to the glory of GOD.

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

All i can say is life has more joy and more meaning when you throw in a god because its like having a reason to live a reason to keep going something to live for i didnt beleave in a higher power for a long time and i was misserable

7. maria.rose profile image38
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

No, i think without God we are nothing  because we pray to him he listen us especially  when we are in trouble we call him and he listen our problem's and solve them. so i think we need God every time

8. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i'm not sure what your asking really since god isn't even real. life is what every person experiences so i'm pretty sure it has a purpose and that would be to keep on living.

9. philirodje profile image60
    philirodjeposted 6 years ago

My answer to this question is Life have no purpose without God? can one live without his creator?

working