jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is Religion Organized Spirituality?

1. Jangaplanet profile image76
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

Absolutely no. It is only a stepping stone for the ultimate destiny and purpose of human beings in going to the final step and level of truly knowing GOD and walking with GOD moment by moment on the earth before you die and crossover to the other side of death. I am personally living this way of knowing and walking with GOD moment by moment. It is a choice that you must make and it is GOD himself which will choose and enable an person to know and walk with GOD moment by moment.

3. profile image46
    in the wordposted 7 years ago

in most case's the simple answer is no! spirituality is a more of a personal aspect of the relationship between a person and their God of choice...some may argue that is incorrect..but i would say to you travel to the churchs and see for yourself...a few might be "Spirituality filled " but most you will see are a more orginized based religion where spiriuality is left to the indvidual.

4. MBDungo profile image58
    MBDungoposted 7 years ago

Many organized their religion not spiritually but my answer is YES!

Because Jesus said worship God in spirit, so if you worship God in spirit you do not need any statue.
    Am I right?

5. carolapple profile image75
    carolappleposted 7 years ago

If by spirituality you mean what we believe about reality beyond the material world and perhaps how we feel about that reality, then I suppose you could say that religion is a way of organizing our beliefs and feelings into a set of practices for spiritual expression.

Religion is a organized approach to expressing belief in and worshipping a higher power. We usually think of this higher power as "spiritual" as opposed to "material" because it is beyond what we can perceive with our five senses; many of us call this higher power God and acknowledge Him as the source of ourselves and the material world. Usually religion involves and statement to define its beliefs (creed) and a set of rules for behavior, presumptions, and sometimes rationale (doctrine).

6. short and sweet profile image75
    short and sweetposted 7 years ago

This is a very loaded question which cannot be answered by a simple "no" or "yes"

Spirituality is the "quality or state of being spiritual" (according to Merriam Webster, #4) Being spiritual is recognizing that there is more to this world than what we see and that each human being (or some beliefs, all living things) has a soul or spirit, not just a carnal body.

Some religions do "organize" spirituality in the sense that there are literature, rules, and values that guide someone in relation to that spirit realm to which they believe. Yet many religions, or many people who consider themselves religious, are far from being spiritual. Often, their literature, rules, and values all stem from or get twisted into a very carnal nature and focus on the natural world and not the spiritual world. It's a set of rules or way of life that really only pertains to this life and to the carnal being. Other "religions" or "religious people" go the other extreme and focus so much on their "spirituality" that they lose touch with the carnal nature and ultimately lose touch with reality.

So my answer is "sometimes". Yet neither religion nor spirituality mean anything unless they are true and have their focus and bearings in the right direction. Otherwise that spirituality and/or religion is all for naught.

7. JDeAngelis profile image61
    JDeAngelisposted 7 years ago

Religion is disorganized spirituality because it is mankind's definition of collective spirituality.
    Only religion defined by God as a religion is organized spirituality, the other faiths put together by mankind are weak attempts at controlled existence.

working