jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What does religion mean to you?

1. biman_r profile image75
    biman_rposted 6 years ago

What does religion mean to you?

2. DanuckInUSA profile image60
    DanuckInUSAposted 6 years ago

An organized group with a desire to draw near to God in a similar fashion.

3. profile image0
    bobnplanoposted 6 years ago

Religion to me is only a man-made word which is a right given to me by the United States constitution.  What is more important to me is my faith in an all-knowing omnipresent God who is in control of the universe.  I have the freedom to worship God through that faith!

4. mbbs profile image55
    mbbsposted 6 years ago

it is the morphine which calms the people and destroys the thinking power of mind.

5. incomeguru profile image96
    incomeguruposted 6 years ago

It's a way of knowing God. Worshiping and praising your creator, so that God can give you good in this world and in the hereafter.

6. Claudin_Dayo profile image61
    Claudin_Dayoposted 6 years ago

it's an iron chain that traps man upon drawing near to the Lord sad it really hinders us from having a real relationship with Him because of it's doctrines, formalities etc

7. Thesource profile image81
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

God and I consider our relationship precious.

Both of us prefer a direct one to one relationship and needs no interference from religions, religious authorities and their interpretations.

After all if God is in me, I need no help from religions. He brings more joy, love and truth than any religion can provide.

8. Roger Rabbit profile image59
    Roger Rabbitposted 6 years ago

Literally nothing. I live my life day to day and never think of religion or god unless i'm on hubpages reading questions.

9. CARIBQUEEN profile image72
    CARIBQUEENposted 6 years ago

Coming together sharing the same beliefs and understanding

10. MBDungo profile image57
    MBDungoposted 6 years ago

Religion is a group of any spiritual believer, and/or any spiritual faith.

11. PlanksandNails profile image85
    PlanksandNailsposted 6 years ago

It is a credence man makes for themselves to give them some sort of identity or purpose.