jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What was it alien space craft or God that took Enoch and Elijah into Heaven with

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

What was it alien space craft or God that took Enoch and Elijah into Heaven without them dying?

Or would you say they are one and the same.?

2. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

hmm i don't remember any space craft! lol

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

With Enoch it was that GOD just took him into heaven. With Elijah it was a chariot of fire that came down and swooped him up into heaven with his servant  Elisha watching at a distant crying out Elijah, Elijah, and Elijah threw his mantle from the chariot and it fell on Elisha.

4. James Agbogun profile image60
    James Agbogunposted 6 years ago

The mechanism of a 'Chariot of fire' is somewhat that of a rocket. And if you take a rocket or one of recent machines 2000 years back in time, the people of that era would only describe it with the knowledge of what they see around them. And what they cannot understand becomes supernatural. God in his sophistication, cannot be riding on chariots and horses, while we mere mortals are flying planes and jets. It was God who took Enoch and Elijah into Heaven. But I think the instrument he used was so advanced observers were able to describe it as a 'chariot of fire' which modern men can relate to UFO.

5. sir_tallest profile image63
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

my bible told me chariot of fire....i'm sticking to that.....what really matters is to always do the right thing

6. skisy profile image82
    skisyposted 6 years ago

Alien space craft!!?!?? Is there actually any historical text or anything that suggests that? lol

Pretty sure it was God. smile

7. Lady MJ profile image77
    Lady MJposted 6 years ago

If a chariot of fire came and took someone up to heaven today we would probably think it was pretty alien.  It doesn't say anything about them believing in aliens in the Bible so I'm going to have to score one for God on this one. Although I do find it interesting that Jesus stated many times he was the ONLY one to descend into heaven, yet it could be interpreted that is what happened to Enoch.

8. cascoly profile image59
    cascolyposted 6 years ago

it's not either/or - more likely it's NEITHER and this is just another story that grew over the years as it was told & retold before finally being written down.  it's on the same level as asking if the gods in the Iliad flew by themselves or with flying chariots.

9. mkvealsh profile image60
    mkvealshposted 6 years ago

Obviously it was God, since Elijah knew he was going and we don't read anything about him having previous contact with aliens!  However, we do know that he was a prophet of God.  Since Elisha was there to see it, I would love to have a conversation with him some day!

10. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Doesn't matter.  For it is appointed but once for man to die, and so, those two are the two witnesses of The Revelations, as they must return in order to die.

11. TheSloneGal profile image60
    TheSloneGalposted 6 years ago

I believe that the description of the chariot and other things such as Ezekiel's wheel and even the manna from the sky could be talking about UFOs

12. luckykarma profile image60
    luckykarmaposted 5 years ago

This is what I think they call the "Rapture" just "taken up" and that's it, as Jesus rose from the dead and vanished so could those that left to enter Heaven.