jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

To the atheists. At what point and age did you realise there was no God?

1. Ranzi profile image82
    Ranziposted 6 years ago

To the atheists. At what point and age did you realise there was no God?

And what was the turning point that made you lose your faith?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I realized at about 19 years old that there was no God.  Luckily for me, I grew up after that.

3. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

I was always an atheist. Its a lot easier to make a decision about religion when you have no religious influences. What I can't understand is, why is being an atheist so bad? I'm a good person, not believing in a god doesn't make me evil.

4. DanuckInUSA profile image60
    DanuckInUSAposted 6 years ago

I realized there was no God when my parents and teachers told me as a child. Thankfully that changed when I became a man.

5. sir_tallest profile image64
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

well I have seen his work and to tell you the truth never doubted his exsistance one day.....ever

6. Chupp22 profile image80
    Chupp22posted 6 years ago

TheBlondie, Its true being atheist doesn't make you a bad person. If anyone thinks that way they are wrong. No one especially some one who believes in God should judge you for not believing in him, but Atheism is a religion.

That said I have grown so close to my father in Heaven that there is no way I could ever doubt his existence. I would have to agree with Sir_tallest.

For those who put a minus on the both of them, why? It is their belief, and it is people like that that make this world as cold as it is. We need to be more understanding of others and their beliefs no matter what they are!

7. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

At the moment I am a non-believer, I lost my faith several years ago, nothing really changed as I was not a strong practicer.
    Having said that; people change throughout their lives. What I mean by this is that one can turn to religion at one time then reject religion the next, we can also change from one religion to another, then back.
    So, what you believe now will not necessarily be your belief throughout your life!
    My advise is to get on with your life either with or without religion and enjoy it as much as is humanly possible.

8. Midianite profile image60
    Midianiteposted 6 years ago

When I was about 10 years of age, I realized that there is no God. This was the first time that I'd ever truly thought of it, weighed up the facts and formed my own opinion.

9. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i think when i was a little kid. it never made sense to me and i'm not sure but i don't think i ever truly believed in any of the theories.