jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who were the Nephilim?

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Who were the Nephilim?

2. ArtByCari profile image66
    ArtByCariposted 7 years ago

Depends which religion you want to refer to, but Catholics believe the Nephilim were heavenly beings that came down to earth to have "relations" with human women.

3. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

I cannot say, but its certainly interesting, to learn about this Concept ...

4. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

I wrote a hub about them called "Sons of God, the fallen angels" go read it, it explains what and who they are. The quickest answer is that they were part of the 1/3 of the angels that left God with Lucifer. They had sex with the human women of earth and those women had children, called Nephillims. Cane, the son of Eve was one of them. Abel was not. He was the son of Adam. Yes, they were twins, but both had separate fathers. This is rare but it does happen, even still, today!

5. profile image47
    Raymond Holmesposted 7 years ago

The Nephilim are the offspring of angels, these angels often described as the fallen angels left the spirit world in order to have sex with human females. This mating produced hybrids that were fellers because they were bullies. They were giants far larger than normal humans. Goliath was such a Nephilim whom David slew with a slingshot spoken of in the bible and childrens fairy tales, but it is a true account of a race of beings that once inhibited the earth.

6. bayareagreatthing profile image66
    bayareagreatthingposted 7 years ago

I am not sure the Bible gives a clear definition so it may be difficult to say exactly who they were, other than knowing what is written about them:

Genesis 6:1-4 (NIV)
    1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
    --------------------------------
    It has been suggested they were the fallen angels.

I always wondered if they have anything to do with the ancient skeletons that are found and considered Neanderthals that are not quite human. It is just a thought. No proof to back it up.

7. profile image0
    Multimanposted 7 years ago

I wrote a hub on this topic concerning Nibaru and the annanuki, my opnion they were a different race of beings that came from outer space and bred with mankind.  If you like aliens.  But the primitive man had no concept of this and could only say they came from the sky (heavens)  which basically is what the word nephilim means, "those who from the heavens to earth came".

working