jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why does some people doubt the exisitance of God and try to prove it in so many

1. sir_tallest profile image64
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

Why does some people doubt the exisitance of God and try to prove it in so many funny ways

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
    Jesus was a hippyposted 7 years ago

You can't prove the non existance of something that doesn't exist.

You cannot disprove the existance of pink flying unicorns for example.

Anyone who tries to disprove god is an idiot.

In any case, noone needs to disprove a god. Unless they can be proven to exist, then there is no reason to believe that they do.

Unless you think that not being able to disprove pink flying unicorns is a reason to believe that they exist?

I doubt the existance of god for the same reasons I doubt the existance of pink flying unicorns by the way. No evidence.

3. pay2cEM profile image81
    pay2cEMposted 7 years ago

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "funny ways," which sounds like there are people out there who try to prove God doesn't exist by covering themselves in whipped cream and going roller-blading naked through a movie theater. I'm only aware of "not funny" reasons people have for doubting God's existence, which are the same reasons people have for doubting the existence of Santa, Bigfoot, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Vampires, Werewolves, Dragons, Unicorns, Elves, Goblins, Faeries, etc: there IS NO EVIDENCE for any such creatures.

I'm operating under the working assumption that you don't believe in werewolves. And the REASON you probably don't believe in werewolves is that there isn't any evidence that werewolves exist...which you probably think is a valid reason for not believing in them (and you'd be right). The existence of God is no more self-evident than the existence of werewolves, so maybe you should tell us why you think one non-belief is funny while the other one is valid.

4. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

That can be returned with, "Why do some people accept the existance of God and try to proove it in so many strange ways"? His existance has never been proven and I suspect never will be.
    We all have our own personal beliefs, and many of us believe in different Gods, all of which can not be correct!! Your belief is personal to you!

5. mathsciguy profile image60
    mathsciguyposted 7 years ago

To which God are you referring?  Assuming that you are asking from a Judeo-Christian standpoint, would you doubt the existence of, say, Vishnu or Zeus?  If so, why?
    One of the things that bothers me about apologists is that they often neglect to appropriately define that which they are addressing.  Until this has been done, nobody can really answer your question seriously.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

people don't doubt, to doubt would mean that god might be real. people know that god isn't real and that's the difference. i find it funny that people believe in all the religious teachings and that they actually pray to some god.

working