jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man?

1. The Demon Writer profile image66
    The Demon Writerposted 6 years ago

How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man?

The answer my friend...

2. DonDWest profile image61
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

None, real men wouldn't mindlessly follow the herd.

3. Sundaymoments profile image78
    Sundaymomentsposted 6 years ago

I think that depends on the individual and how strong he is. Some boys can walk down many roads but never be a man. Others can walk down just a few roads and show courage, strength, and endurance and be consider a man.

4. Just Ask Susan profile image91
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind.  Sorry could not help myself....

5. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

...is blowing in the wind, said Mr Tambourine man to the girl from the north country. So your the jokerman who went like a rolling stone down to maggies farm during the hard rain and the hurricane? For the fourth time around I want you to go to desolation row and release the chimes of freedom from the rainy day women......

6. Tweetmom profile image77
    Tweetmomposted 6 years ago

A very deep question here and i am loving the thread. I would say that a man will finally be a man when he has answered his calling.

7. DanuckInUSA profile image58
    DanuckInUSAposted 6 years ago

At least one more. The definition of a man is someone who can understand there is no end to the path he must walk.

8. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

My first answer is impulsive reminding me of a poem. The other is none. But here is the poem. Don't know if it is ok to post here or not. (Stephen Crane is the poet)

"Truth," said a traveller,
    "Is a rock, a mighty fortress;
    Often have I been to it,
    Even to its highest tower,
    From whence the world looks black."

"Truth," said a traveller,
    "Is a breath, a wind,
    A shadow, a phantom;
    Long have I pursued it,
    But never have I touched
    The hem of its garment."

And I believed the second traveller;
    For truth was to me
    A breath, a wind,
    A shadow, a phantom,
    And never had I touched
    The hem of its garment.

9. The Demon Writer profile image66
    The Demon Writerposted 6 years ago

To Susan:

We have a winner! there are some really good answers on here but I was waiting to see if somebody would do that.
    I'm a big Bod Dylan fan and could not resist asking this question. I was shocked to see nobody had done it yet:P

10. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 6 years ago

My favourite Bob Dylan Song...
    The answer is perhaps elusive -AKA. as the song says "blowing in the wind" because roads tend to be walked in these metaphors for journey's in life, or the journey that is life.  So isn't to cross a, or The road like turning round to go the other way, or like the chicken... To cross the other side.  Which in the metaphor if not the joke sounds like avoiding danger/s.  The chicken, as you will know being a metaphor of a coward, some-one who gives in to fear one way or another.  Thus crosses the road to avoid the danger so how can he ever be a man???  That answer, my friend, IS blowing in the wind!!!

11. ryancarter profile image59
    ryancarterposted 6 years ago

Just one... the one that has the penis installer at the end of it.

12. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

Pretty thought-provoking. I think you should write a song!

13. profile image47
    Tirebiterposted 6 years ago

As the question is written, haven't you ALREADY called him a man?  The question is circular, so the answer is none.

14. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

One should not need validation to know if they are a "man" or not.  until they stop needing validation they will not be a man in the complete sense.  In other words a man knows who he is and that is that.

I wish you well.