jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Was Pope John Paul (The First) killed by radical members of his own church?

1. Billrrrr profile image84
    Billrrrrposted 7 years ago

Was Pope John Paul (The First) killed by radical members of his own church?

The new Pope died mysteriously in his sleep 33 days into his papacy.  It was said that he may have been poisoned because he was ready to announce radical changes in the business of the church-including the opening of secret vaults of wealth that he wanted to share with the poor. Let's see...the Italians and poisoning?  The Borgias were pretty good at it.

2. profile image0
    David99999posted 7 years ago

You know...this is a question that I have pondered for decades. Though I have received conflicting theories from various scholars, I believe that has was, indeed, assassinated.

3. Alastar Packer profile image83
    Alastar Packerposted 7 years ago

Have read an investigative book or two plus seen in others that he was about to expose some financial shenanigans. Don't know about a 'secret vault of wealth' but sounds interesting; and yes the Borgia's were masters at the art of poisoning. So, to answer the question...two plus two equals.....most probably.

4. stclairjack profile image82
    stclairjackposted 7 years ago

ask dan brown,... he seems to have all the answers,... maybe he's not dead, just living on an island with JFK,... jimmy hoffa's there too, organizing the kitchen help,... hitler is in carge of security, that'll keep it exclusive enough,...?????

5. psychonaut profile image60
    psychonautposted 7 years ago

No.  He was the radical and he was killed by the Vaticans corporate conservatives.

6. Billrrrr profile image84
    Billrrrrposted 7 years ago

Hey Psy.  I think you are right.  I did not look at it that way. He wanted to make radical changes.  He would have turned the church upside down.  They had to kill him.

7. 34th Bomb Group profile image59
    34th Bomb Groupposted 7 years ago

Yes. The proof is in the pudding.

Anyone watching "The Borgias?" Think about it...
    What the Vatican heirarchy failed to consider was the fact that John Paul II turned out to be far more liberal than I was. Although they're still hiding 90% of what goes on in the Church.
    And, no, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm a Cafeteria Catholic.

working