jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My question regards a book "lost' in the Vatican's archives.

1. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

My question regards a book "lost' in the Vatican's archives.

Emperor Trajan's personal doctor, Starilius Crito (100AD) kept a diary which is now said to have been misplaced in the Vatican's archives.
    That book holds very important information regarding the Kingdom of Dacia. Why is the Vatican withholding information?

2. spiritual1rav profile image60
    spiritual1ravposted 6 years ago

Two reasons I can think of.  1.  It hasn't been properly archived and listed.  2.  It is one of many incredible scrolls, books, papers, etc., which they find some reason to obfuscate because it has something which either is or can be construed as negative about the church.

3. J D Murrah profile image61
    J D Murrahposted 6 years ago

Mr. Happy,

I could not venture a guess as to whether the Vatican is withholding information or reasons for it. I do know that history has shown time and time again that when a regime and its accompanying pantheon rises in influence, it typically removes, revises or displaces records of previous regimes and their pantheon. A good example is France which at the time of the French revolution redefined itself to the point of changing the calendar to start with the new regime. Ancient history is filled with how each new king rewrote the histories of their nations to begin with their regime.

Dacia is such an old kingdom, I do not see how that information would be a threat to anyone, much less the Vatican. It seems that information on ancient history like Dacia would be deemed innocuous.

4. steve8miller profile image81
    steve8millerposted 6 years ago

The Vatican has several reasons to conveniently misplace or lose valuable information about humanities past. This diary would be so interesting to read and so valuable a commodity for historians around the world. Being the history buff I am I would love to dig into Trajan's personal doctors diary.

Having said that the Vatican has a unbelievable library that seems to just go on and on forever. The Church has held power on this planet for a very long time. Even if I were given a chance to go into this library and had the knowledge to read the complex languages of the world, I would most likely would not find what I was looking for. There is just so many books, scrolls, diaries, and ancient manuscripts that it would be hard to find any proof of the things we wonder about today.

I truly believe however that things like the Fatima Prophesies were not fully divulged to the public. They are still sitting in some secret vault in the Vatican Library. Things like the Knights Templar and the holy grail are sitting in the Vatican library still today. Even perhaps the secrets of the old alchemist and the philosophers stone. Because this knowledge is too powerful in the opinion of the powers to be we may never truly know the secrets of Dacian Draco and the Kingdom of Dacia.