jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What should be our first goals as Christians?

1. Ken Barton profile image58
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

What should be our first goals as Christians?

2. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

"Share your wealth with those less fortunate than yourself"

Jesus once told a rich young man to this in order to get into the kingdom of heaven. Jesus was answering his question on what he must do to get into the kingdom of heaven

Your question is quite similar to that of the rich young man.
    That rich you man could not do this. Jesus then said that it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of of needle than for a rich man to go to heaven.

Jesus indicated that the "highest commandment" or in other words the highest Christian action, is to love your neighbor as you love yourself" This does not mean you forget yourself as most Christian falsely believe.

He then illustrated how we should love our neighbor in the famous parable called the "Good Samaritan". In that story, a discriminated foreigner took complete care of an injured crime victim, who was a stranger to him. He even generously paid for the medical care needed by this victim

But America, many Christians say it is a Christian nation, yet it cannot approve universal health care for all its citizens. This is unbecoming Christian nation. Other countries even non-christian nations provide universal health care for all its citizens.

3. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image61
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 6 years ago

To love one another as God has loved us. When we are cruel and nasty to each other, We need to forgive and pray for those who peresecute you. Here is the scripture reference..John 13:34...   1 John 4..happy reading

4. SpiritPhilosopher profile image53
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 6 years ago

The road leading to a goal does not separate you from the destination; it is essentially a part of it.

5. Born Again 05 profile image79
    Born Again 05posted 6 years ago

Jesus said,"If you keep my commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love." We must live "Christ like" lives and protect the testimony of the Holy Spirit living within us. We also must carry out the Great Commission, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you." Sharing the Gospel message and the love of Christ should be in the heart of every believer.

6. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Spread the gospel - share the gospel with others to save to lost.