jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Did you choose your religion?

1. Toby Simon profile image38
    Toby Simonposted 6 years ago

Did you choose your religion?

Did your parents choose your religion? now that you're independent and have decisions in life, what religion would you choose and why?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I did.  I grew with a religion that didn't ring true.  As I got older, I wanted something that was very close to the Bible.  I am a Missouri-Synod Lutheran.

3. badermunir2011 profile image58
    badermunir2011posted 6 years ago

i  like  islam.   because  islam  is  really   true  religion  in  the   world    and  islam  always  give  us  message  of   piece  and  love

4. profile image54
    ruffridyerposted 6 years ago

My parents were not religious people.  We didn't attend church, read bible stories or say prayers before meals.
      They were honest hardworking, generous people  who taught these values to us kids.
       I had always believed in a "Supreme being" but it wasn't a developed concept for me.
      Then I met a young lady on a blind date.  She mentioned that she was a Mormon.  Later I started receiving the lessons from the missionaries.  Since I had no preconcived notions about God I found the Joseph Smith story quite interesting.
      As I studied the Book of Mormon & the Bible it all came together for me.
       I was baptized may 8th, 1977 and remain a member to this day.

5. profile image49
    sereneeposted 6 years ago

I chose for myself.  I'm a Baha'i.   Grew up Christian.

6. TMApsey profile image78
    TMApseyposted 6 years ago

I grew up in a Christian home, and chose later in life to just believe in God and not belong to any religion.

7. funmontrealgirl profile image64
    funmontrealgirlposted 6 years ago

yes my parents choose my religion but as i a grow old somehow i realize that i really don't believe my faith but still i stick to it because for me it is another legacy given to be my mother but i plan to change my religion in time when my mom is already open minded to other religion

8. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

Yes and no.

We chose each other.  I was looking for something specific and I would not settle until I was happy with what I found.  I tested the theory with practice.  Then I left and found other things and determined that I like one in particular the best.  I have respect for the others because I see the value and goodness in all religions when properly practiced. 

I compared them all and then I decided.  This is the same way I would buy a car, see what is in the market and then make the best intelligent decision possible based on facts and experience.

Best wishes, I hope you find what you seek.

working