jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your favorite tarot card?

1. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite tarot card?

2. SylviaSky profile image94
    SylviaSkyposted 6 years ago

My favorite card is the Ace of Cups. In the Rider-Waite deck (the most common deck) it's a gold chalice, overflowing, held by a mysterious and beautiful hand emerging from a sleeve of cloud. The Dove of Peace, with the communion Host in its beak, overs over the cup. It signifies "the cup runneth over," in this case with the happiness of a joyful meeting of two kindred spirits.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I have a lot of favorites - my favorite to see in the course of a reading is "the Star" - because it just has that aura of hope and promise - maybe even a happy surprise and who doesn't like that smile.

I also love the Empress because she speaks of simple abundance and creativity and she is surrounded by all things beautiful - and able to notice it.  It reminds me to count my blessings.  The Ace of Cups is also beautiful for similar reasons - overflowing abundance smile

4. profile image54
    Down2EarthTarotposted 6 years ago

The Queen of Swords is one of my favorites.  She's very misunderstood.  She's not bitter and angry; she carries the weight of the world on her shoulders and bears witness to the uncomfortable truths that others would as soon not see.  Her strength, self-sacrifice, and integrity are sadly underestimated and seen as coldness, callousness and a lack of emotion.

And sort of to match the Queen of Swords' bittersweet nature, the runners up are the Tower and Star cards.  The Tower is the painful blessing of having those things you no longer need TAKEN from you when you will not give them up willingly yourself.  The Star is that aching, raw, barren place where you think you're going to die...but instead you find a strange calm and peace you never had before.  And you find hope.  The more complete the destruction that the Tower brings, the more profound is the peace that you find.

working