jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you feel that you know what your purpose in this life is? If not, how do we

1. serenity4me profile image58
    serenity4meposted 6 years ago

Do you feel that you know what your purpose in this life is?  If not, how do we find out?

2. Cari Jean profile image94
    Cari Jeanposted 6 years ago

That is the question of my life! I am contstantly seeking the answer to that question. I do believe that God has me here for a purpose and as long as I follow Him and His will for me, I will find the true reason I am here.

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

I know my purpose in this life and now fulfilling it through my article " Daily Nuggets Moment AMBASSADOR BRANDON BUTLER " and answering questions on hubpages.

4. C-Bless profile image61
    C-Blessposted 6 years ago

I believe that I'm now moving into my purpose but have been prepared along the way.  Prayerfully, I'm on the right path.  I recently wrote a hub on the subject; perhaps, it can help to further the discussion.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Uncover- … nd-Destiny

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I'm not a fan of one Mr. A. Crowley - but at the same time, in his novel "Diary Of A Drug Fiend" Crowley had many wonderful ideas to present, and one of them concerned "finding yourself."

The drug addicts, being rescued by "King Magnus" who was actually supposed to represent Crowley, the Satanist. . . .were relocated to a remote island away from all possible chemicals.

After fits and screaming and sickness of withdrawal - the minds of the two drug addicts started to return to normal, and focus on what they were meant to focus on.

The fighter pilot/coke and heroin addict started building things, he was a natural builder and engineer.. .. . so forth,so on.

I hope this was somewhat helpful.

6. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

There is no one single purpose to our lives... and if you use your life looking for this supposed purpose, then won't you just be wasting your life away?... Enjoy what you have in a good manor, what more can we do?

7. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i don't believe anyone has a purpose. life isn't a mystery or some grand sceme but just life. we live, we do and then we die. each person makes their own purpose.

8. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

YES! I do know my purpose in life. Dou you know your purpose in your life and if not I'd love to introduce you to God. He'll tell you for sure if you listen.

9. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

My purpose is to "wake up!"

When this mortal shell gives up the ghost (perhaps in another 60 years), I want to "step" out of it fully awake and return to the Father. Right now, I'm not worthy. I'm still wearing the dirty rags of ego. Finding each strand of those rags and letting them go takes time, patience, persistence and love.

10. Naomi's Banner profile image80
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

As our walk with God deepens our purpose in life becomes more clear to us.  While spending time with God and reading His Word clues to our purpose jumps into our lap.

11. Billrrrr profile image82
    Billrrrrposted 6 years ago

Your instinctive purpose in life is to sustain it and reproduce it.  Functions that support the objective include eating and sleeping.

Is there more to it than sustenance and reproduction?

As humans, we aspire to be more than our fellow animals.  We seek not only to rule, domesticate, and develop into food sources,  the other creatures on the planet: but also to be above them by morphing into an incorporeal spirit both eternal and immortal.

working