jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why has so many Christians Become "Closet Christians"?

1. Sundaymoments profile image78
    Sundaymomentsposted 6 years ago

Why has so many Christians Become "Closet Christians"?

I have noticed that many believers have come to a point in life that while they are around general society they tend to live in the closet of Christianity suppressing there morals and indulging in the acts of deception, why is it we are ashamed to walk by the morals of our Christian belief when in the public's eye?

2. Dardia profile image78
    Dardiaposted 6 years ago

I am not certain that is what is going on. Some maybe, others I believe are beginning to doubt, or think that the others may have it right. Another possibility is that there are many "Christians" as they call themselves, who are giving the Christians a bad rap.

One so called "Christian" family told my son he was not "Christian" enough to date their daughter. This was based on the fact that he wore jeans to their church. That is not very Christian-like. This behavior makes some Christians not want to be associated, because Jesus would not have minded if he had attended dirty and with holes in his clothing. He taught to love everyone unconditionally.

A lot of people are doing as you say though and it is because they want to blend in and follow the sheep. It may be a different Shepherd but they are "sheep."

3. Sundaymoments profile image78
    Sundaymomentsposted 6 years ago

What I am saying is it seems that many people are ashamed to public ally admit they are Christians and worse yet they refuse to live by the Christians values in a public setting.

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Personally, I walk the walk and talk the talk as a Christian every day. Check out my hubs if you think otherwise.

5. TattedKajun profile image57
    TattedKajunposted 6 years ago

This is a question I often asked before I became a believer. Why do so many Christians claim to be so only when it suits their needs. Though it has become quite a challenge as a Christian to call myself so. Not only must we defend ourselves and our religion against non-believers, antagonist. We must also defend ourselves and our religion against the Christian radicalist who take things a little too far with the protesting, and killing.
    I believe it has come to the point where Christians cause the biggest division in the church. We have so many people who hold on to a few scriptures like its all there is. Then they try to project those onto others, sometimes unwillingly. Then one group interprets it totally different. No wonder non-believers laugh, and mock us. We cant even agree on the one book that is to save our lives.
    I guess it doesnt really matter. I wont let division between others interfere with my walk. "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you..."

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

In some countries especially the Arab ones, a Christian may be markedfor death so maybe that is their need to be a closet Christian.  Now in our society. what is a Christian supposed to do when they are walking around town?  Hold up a sign saying "I am a christian."  How do you recognize a Christian? Maybe there might be a new Christian or somebody still deciding but is not there yet.  He might not feel comfortable especially if he or she is changing faiths.