jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever been in a nightmare and knew you were dreaming and tried to wake y

1. baygirl33 profile image59
    baygirl33posted 6 years ago

Have you ever been in a nightmare and knew you were dreaming and tried to wake yourself up?

I've had these horrible dreams and am screaming "wake up ,wake up" until I do wake up.It reallhy is weird!

2. FaithDream profile image81
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

Yes, I've done that plenty of times. When the dream is too much for me to handle, I do the same thing.
    Funny, it works too, I always wake right up.

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Yes, many times, though for me it's always, "Okay, if I can make myself move then I will wake up." and I concentrate all of my will on wiggling my toes, or shrugging a shoulder, or something small like that. As soon as I realize I'm in a dream then I can become aware of my real body, but I have to really work at controlling it. There have been a few times when I have not been able to wake myself up for a while, and actually got really tired trying (I know that probably sounds silly when I'm already asleep) and had to find a safe place in my dream and then try again.

Only once REALLY got my attention -- I had a dream that someone was trying to shoot me, but when I tried to get out of the dream the first time it felt like I'd hit an electric fence and I couldn't get out. That's the first time I really wondered what happens if you die in a dream, because mine are so realistic that I'm not so sure my mind would know the difference.

4. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have.  I've also prayed in dreams/nightmares, and awaken praying.

5. mrpooper profile image56
    mrpooperposted 6 years ago

I never try to wake myself from a nightmare. Why bother. I'll wake myself up, see my wife which is just another nightmare.
    Just kidding.

working