jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is it true that Islam teaches that women have no souls?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image86
    Earl S. Wynnposted 6 years ago

Is it true that Islam teaches that women have no souls?

I've heard this. Is it true, or just right wing christian propaganda?

2. LADYGIRL profile image60
    LADYGIRLposted 6 years ago

No that is not true. I don't know too much about the Islam faith, but I do know is they just teaches in the faith to be obedience and to be true to family and the faith.  Everyone has there own souls. The Bible say the same thing say true to yourself in the faith.  Its just they do things differently when we do, but the same way.

3. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 6 years ago

LOL I've heard gingers don't have souls...

In all seriousness, this is the first time I'm ever hearing about this particular teaching of Islam. I was born and raised in a country where Islam predominated approximately 55% of the population. Women are seen as inferior by certain sects and they are taught to obey their husbands blindly. However, I doubt your claims are true.

4. selfdefenselesson profile image58
    selfdefenselessonposted 6 years ago

What do you mean teach... It's a well known fact... wink

5. WindMaestro profile image61
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

No, but several Middle eastern countries where Islam is the dominant religion, political leaders or groups have contributed and developed sexist societies. Such examples would be Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda, and the Taliban, who all enforce sexist societies.

6. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

As Muslim I am telling No Sure.
    It is not correct at all.
    Islam always support women.
    We should respect her as a mother, a wife, a sister, etc.
    We should be kind to her.
    Thank you for giving me the idea about women rights in Islam.

7. Devika12 profile image61
    Devika12posted 6 years ago

No, that's just not true. Islam does not teach that. neither does Islam teach that all other human beings who do not follow Islam are 'Kafirs'.

Every Manuscrip of every religion is manipulated over the years. these vague teachings are only the outcomes of such manipulation.

8. MrNock profile image75
    MrNockposted 6 years ago

No, I don't think so. But this I know for sure: Islam does not equate women to men, it sees the place of women as being in the Bed room and the Kitchen, it allows wife spanking and places women beneath men.

In most cases though, it's the practitioners of the religion that carry it too far.

An adulterer will be put to death while the male partner goes scot-free!

Now you should judge!

9. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

From what I have seen, Islam teaches that a woman is a commodity, a thing to be used abused traded, and disgarded. From what I have seen Muslim men have no respect, none for their women and force them to do and be as the man thinks and feels without any consideration whatsoever. Women are like a pet or a piece of furniture.