jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your idea on religious tolerance?

1. Vinaya Ghimire profile image89
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 6 years ago

What is your idea on religious tolerance?

2. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

My dear friend Binaya, is that You? My answer to this question is this: "Tolerance is the Key to Peace; Understanding is the Doorway"- J.S.Matthew

3. makusr profile image60
    makusrposted 6 years ago

Tolerance is the essence of religion. Many paths lead to almighty. You may tread the one you like. Don't disapprove of other's path. Tolerance is, 'I may like or dislike your way but I will always support your right to be different'

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

There is a world of difference, between, the Eternal, Unchangeable, Word of God, we find Stated in Koran ... and human effected Religions and other holy Scriptures and Orders ...

Religion, primarily is the variously Applied, understanding, of The True Word ... arrived at with Logics, and such tools as may be at the disposal of the Exegetists doing Scholastic exercises, such as, the fallible human's Contemplation and Mysticism.
    Presently its Technologies and Sciences.

Religion, therefore, is intrinsically, the name of scholastic Opposing of the other's interpretation of The Word of God ...  and such, invariably leads to warring.

Thus, in reality, "there can be no true Religious tolerance" ... although a Feigned version of Tolerance, may be adopted by some as an Act of personal condescension.

shahidbukhari.hubpages.com

5. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

Humility.

All too frequently, I write long answers because the answer is complex. Here the answer is extremely simple.

I don't know all the answers. I have learned from Buddhists, Taoists, Scientologists, Jews, Kabbalists and Christians. Now, I am a member of a Christian denomination of one, and I continue to learn from others.

6. qlcoach profile image74
    qlcoachposted 6 years ago

For me tolerance is a commitment to being non-judgmental. Regardless of our religious and spiritual choices, I believe we walk in the Light of powerful and effective knowledge. Peace and Light...Gary.

7. nu-flowerchild profile image58
    nu-flowerchildposted 6 years ago

All paths should be recognized and respected, not condemned.

working