jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

"God dwells within me, as me." What is your interpretation of this line from "Ea

1. Barbsbitsnpieces profile image80
    Barbsbitsnpiecesposted 6 years ago

"God dwells within me, as me." What is your interpretation of this line from "Eat Pray Love"?

2. newjerusalem profile image80
    newjerusalemposted 6 years ago

Those who accept the Lord Jesus Christ ,within them God dwells as God --- not as me.Human beings consist spirit,soul and body .God dwells in our spirit.

3. Man from Modesto profile image84
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

Eat Pray Love was another work designed to promote pagan religions. I really did not like the movie with Julia Roberts much at all. The sentence they use there is part of a (demonic) "New Age" teaching that people ARE gods. This demonic teaching is very pervasive. It is part of Mormon doctrine, and there are many cults rising up that teach this lie. God said plainly in Isaiah that there is no god but Him, and there never will be another.

4. Eunice Stuhlhofer profile image61
    Eunice Stuhlhoferposted 6 years ago

God dwells among those who acknowledge Him as God and who invite Him in their hearts. That rules out the possibility of a human being taking on the role of God within themselves. Thanks.

5. cobrien profile image78
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

That sounds really close to what Saul said in the Bible, and Saul was telling us he was filled with the Holy Spirit.

6. cjcarter profile image76
    cjcarterposted 6 years ago

Loved the book, liked the movie. I think the line means that God is present in each one of us, all of us, no matter who you are or what you have done.

The implications of this are pretty amazing I think. You wouldn't in good conscience cuss someone out, steal from them, lie to them, if you were always aware that God is very much a part of them, even if they aren't aware of it themselves. 

Great line.