For Christians (an amazing message from God the Genesis 5)

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (50 posts)
  1. profile image0
    thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years ago

Praise God! Hello brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope you are well.

I just saw this on TV last night(TBN) and this blew my mind. If you look up the original Hebrew meaning to the first genealogy in the bible found in Genesis 5 you'll find a awe inspiring message from God telling the end from the beginning.

Hebrew           English

Adam             Man

Seth             Appointed

Enosh            Mortal

Kenan            Sorrow;

Mahalalel        The Blessed God

Jared            Shall come down

Enoch            Teaching

Methuselah       His death shall bring

Lamech           The Despairing

Noah             Rest, or comfort

The message is
    Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow; (but) the Blessed God shall come down teaching (that) His death shall bring (the) despairing rest.
    Genesis foretells of The Passion!

<URL snipped - no links in the Forums>

1. profile image0
      ellie1142545posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank You....What a beautiful message!!

2. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ye. Pretty cool. I heard Chuck Missler teach this a few yars ago.
      The Bible, written by man.???? Maybe, but no denying it's Author and inspirsation is from above.

3. lgolden1911 profile image61
      lgolden1911posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's very interesting and powerful.  Thanks for the drop!

2. Pebbles002 profile image58
    Pebbles002posted 14 years ago

do you really understand what God testified about in Genesis from chapter 1? or did you just say this because you saw it on television?

1. spiderpam profile image74
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do. It’s no metaphor, it’s our history and ancestry. I looked it up and it's all there, supernatural indeed. There is no way that the Jewish writers would have intentionally put that there. God is amazing, praise Him.

1. profile image0
        Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Spidergirl,There`s another stomp on the serpents head.

3. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Does it work in Cantonese too?

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I saw dozens of these types of biblical systems as a member of religion.
    You can do all sorts of great leaps of faith! A bit like what people have done to the prognostications of Amadeus.

5. profile image49
    liquidnitrogenposted 14 years ago

i dont want to be rude to the chriatians but i thought it was jesus's supposed ressurection that brought comfort not his death. From the gospel narration his crucifixion was a terrible and sad event only redeeemed by his apparent ressurection. also as everyone knows there is a lot lost in translation, i would think that structuring the senetence in biblical hebrew would make no sense at all, just some observations.

If you doubt the bible and it’s message, go back to the Greek. Compare the Dead Sea Scrolls, and all the ancient biblical texts today's bibles not some of the newer ones because they tend to paraphrase. but the NASB, KJV, ASV, LTV, NKJV. They were taken from the original and you'd be surprised how accurate those books are compared to the originals

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
        Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Let me get this straight.

lol lol You can read ancient Greek?  lol lol

Hey Mark, There are online resources and books that we can use to help us understand the original meanings of biblical text.

LOLOL

So - I would be surprised how accurate the translations are if I could not read the originals?

..................................... wink

It's like copying a key, mark "scientist" has do have keys created right? lol

lol

Sure spider. It is just like science Exactly the same. We just guess and make drawings - right? lol

You would be surprised at how accurate that is. wink

ooops not created. I mean a bunch of random pieces of metal(from nowhere) over billions of years formed adapted to fit your car and house in a purely natural way. lol

LOLOLOL

There you go. Attack something else. big_smile

6. UPStar profile image61
    UPStarposted 14 years ago

I apsolutley love this! I have it written in my Bible. God is so fascinating and clever.

Yes maam, Amen!

7. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Of course Jesus existed !
    The part I don't believe is, him to be the son of a God

Ok, that's your choice, but you can't deny He did fulfilled over 300 propheues written by Jews the very ones who cruified Him. And to say in was just chances: The odd of Him just fufilling 8 is 1 in 10 to the 17th power in other words Impossible.

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Each of us to our beliefs.
        You don't have the Truth
        Me ,either

She has a youtube video. wink

Of course - you have to wonder why they spend so much time trying to convince us that jeebus is real.

But - this one thinks the dinosaurs were on Noahs ark - so you can't really take much of what she says seriously.

She does not even seem to understand the difference between "impossible" and "highly unlikely." wink

Come Mark answer the questions. You must be a scientist lol

2. Holy Land Gifts profile image59
          Holy Land Giftsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually we do have the truth. We have the truth in Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior. The one who became man to fulfill what the prophets had foretold for centuries. So the truth is Jesus.

lol lol lol
            And here someones goes again ! OH Lord !! lol

3. spiderpam profile image74

I have the truth(God and The Bible), you have words. Is the best way to put it. The true atheist can’t really have truth because truth is immaterial.
          Most of your HP life consist of debating what you don't believe in. The fact that you can negate something means that something exists now whether He exist to you would put you in a better position to argue.

you 'truth' is  words as well ! get REAL !

Ouch lol

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
              Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As Mark said, you are conversing with someone who thinks man and dinosaurs co-existed.  Nuff said!

Prove they didn't. How do you explain Cave drawings of Dinosaures, The Inca stones etc. Explain This.

1. aguasilver profile image70
                  aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pearls before swine Pam.

Tell me about it, thx. smile I'm off to enjoy my B-Day!

2. tantrum profile image61

Where did I hear  that before ? hmm  lol lol
                    It seems believers like to get soiled with this swine.
                    They're always coming back for more !
                    lol lol lol

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

You know- this argument about whether or not- GOD is real. Isn't the argument you should be having.

The argument you should be having is whether or not the interpreted text was manipulated.

The bible is a history book and mythology book, combined into ONE book. Any acts consistent to make your mind wonder outside of reality was done to appear so. Many statements offered up were altered or changed.

An example: the bible goes back 6,000 years. science has proven the Earth and mankind has existed longer than 10,000+ years.

If you're going to alter your own reality by living your life by these words, don't you think it would be nice if they could actually be considered "REAL" facts.

My example above proves that mankind EXISTED long before 'religion' was ever conceived.

Keep it real folks.

If you only knew how many assumptions are made before those “scientist” pick a date for the age of the earth you wouldn’t be so quick to believe what you see a TV. In order to make evolution seems the least bit plausible they age the earth 40 years every 20 minutes every year for the past 40 years. Great new research film called Darwin’s Dilemma I suggest you watch it.
      Young earth proof.

9. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

EACH ONE OF US,TO OUR BELIEFS !

Is that not clear enough for you ??!!!!
    who wants to keep this up ? It looks like you do !

Have a wonderful dinner ! big_smile

10. sooner than later profile image61
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

this is an excelent thread. Don't let all the trolls that we would expect to be here... well, ruin it.

truth hurts,

good to see you.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes truth does hurt, but fortunately this is not truth! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)