jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How old were you when you realized that god was a myth?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

How old were you when you realized that god was a myth?

were you a kid or did it take you longer to realize that god is just something made up by humans?

2. kaizan28 profile image62
    kaizan28posted 6 years ago

Never thought it was real in the first place  smile  People used to worship cats, at least they are cool and funky

3. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

That occurred when I was a sophomore. It does to almost everyone, which is why it's viewed as a sophomoric position. Fortunately, I grew out of it as I gained experience.

4. ershruti304 profile image60
    ershruti304posted 6 years ago

Hello

I still have faith in God and strongly believe that there are certain things that can't be seen but still exists. Like air, it can't be seen still it is there around you

5. Cutters profile image61
    Cuttersposted 6 years ago

When I was born  I have always thought this "Faith is absence of fact....Faith is willingly ignoring reality"

6. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

I still haven't. I find it too difficult to believe that this world and everything in it was created by a single mutated atom.

7. Dicaeopolis profile image60
    Dicaeopolisposted 6 years ago

I realized that God was a myth when I was 17. I realized that God is real when I was 25. That continues to be my working hypothesis.

8. Nsirius profile image55
    Nsiriusposted 6 years ago

This is a very delicate matter. And it is probably better not to enter a debate on this topic. However, the correct answer in regard to the existence or non-existence of God is one. God is what Max Plank, the Nobel Laureate in Physics claimed to be: an "Intelligent and Conscious mind" or the "Matrix of all matter".
    I am not talking about creation out of nothing.  Soul is uncreated. But there is something else that could be created.
    For a process of creation to be viable it needs to "accepted" by the immutable laws. Otherwise it would shortly disintegrate.  So, the bottom line is that one needs first to know the Immutable laws and then look for a process of creation.

9. profile image0
    Infinite712posted 6 years ago

I was very young when I realized that. I actually believed in Santa Claus longer than I believed in God. Santa made more sense to me. I was never part of a religion such as Christianity though. I thought there was a God when I was extremely young, but I never had a religion.

That said, I also don't consider myself an "atheist". Theists, atheists, agnostics and deists are a bunch of fools who like argue endlessly about the existence or nonexistence of imaginary friends. Atheists are mostly ex-Christians who are angry at their imaginary sky-daddy who they still secretly believe in. They want to convince themselves that they're not religious anymore, that's why they feel the urge to label themselves in opposition to what they supposedly don't believe in.

10. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

people on here often ask why atheists comment on religious hubs but i see it's ok for religious people to comment on a question that has nothing to do with them. amazing. but of course from your point of view it's ok.

11. Trevor Davis profile image55
    Trevor Davisposted 6 years ago

When i failed a math test by putting Jesus as the answer to every question. I got upset and said "i thought Jesus was the answer!" The Teacher said "This is a math test." "So are you saying that in terms of logic religion fails?" I was 8.

working