jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think angels are among us? Or is just an invention to justify atheism

1. Lord De Cross profile image82
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

Do you think angels are among us? Or is just an invention to justify atheism

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

I think angels are among us.  There are two kinds of angels---those sent by God and those who fell from Heaven  (God's angels, and Lucifer's gang).
    That doesn't justify atheism!   So I dunno what you meant by that, unless you mean those atheists who think there are angels but no God.....or those who think people somehow turn into angels..

3. Scottmonster profile image87
    Scottmonsterposted 6 years ago

No, I dont believe in angels any more then demons, or shills of god anymore than witches. I dont understand what you mean by atheists inventing angels. That makes no sense.

belief in angels tends to support religious belief, why would atheists make that up?

to Brenda, how do you know there are two types of angels and not 3 or 4 or 100? Why not one type, since there's apparently one type of god?

4. arksys profile image90
    arksysposted 6 years ago

In Islam we call them the Jinn... some of them are part of satan's followers. Angels do not live on earth...but they do come down to earth when commanded by God.

not sure how angels would justify atheism ... because atheists would not believe in angels.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

What does that even mean--angels in invention to justify atheism?  I believe in angles because Scripture tells us about them.  Not sure about them being among us.

6. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

well i'm confused. "to justify atheism?" lord de cross. lol. cute name.

7. Lord De Cross profile image82
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

oh brother where art thou?O Brother, Where Art Thou? the question is tricky and maybe was set for you and only you...funny huh?

8. bright_sorcerer profile image60
    bright_sorcererposted 6 years ago

Your first question... yes I do.
    Your second question... I do not understand the relevance.

Unlike what religion may claim, I strongly believe that those beings we call angels have had at least one incarnation in the physical, and many that are in varying stages of wakefulness right now, on planet earth. I say that because I am in awe at how truly complex this omniverse is. The Creator has covered every contingency in creation, including ensuring that those who act as guides or advisors to humans would require the experiential reality of being in a human form, to fully understand the difficulties we face in a dualistic world.

working