jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do most people love their religion more than that of fellow humans beliefs?

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Why do most people love their religion more than that of fellow humans beliefs?

2. aware profile image69
    awareposted 6 years ago

Maybe because they love their beliefs  a lil more than others . Religious people are humans too. They have the right to live and think for themselves. Im not a religious person . Im also not the kind of person that seeks to undermine others ideas. No matter how far fetched i feel they might be.

3. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Religion is passed down from the family or could've been found at their lowest times. It's what people cling on to, something to get them into the 'afterlife' - 'rebirth', you know? They will fight for their 'God' over the humans that pray to others.

I find it terrible, if we didn't have religion or borders, we'd have no third world and we'd be much more developed. But, greedy humans will be greedy.

4. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

The twentieth century showed that it isn't religion that divides and kills, it's ideology, whether religious or secularist. The latter has dealt out far more mayhem over the last two hundred years than has the former. The reason is that everyone takes his own beliefs as right. Some are willing to attempt to eradicate dissent and force others to accept their views, but that has little to do with religion. You find it as commonly among atheists as among people of faith.

5. anupma profile image79
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

In my opinion, all religions are one. So there should not be differences. But even then people use to think that their religion is better and others' is not. it is a wrong assumption.

6. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 6 years ago

Well, for the TRUEST faith to and within most religions, a love of all humanity as God incarnate is paramount.  Thus, to "hate" another religion or s/he who practices it is rather hypocritical.

There are some religions that lack this "love thy neighbor as thyself/ what you do to the least of you, you do to Me (God)" and instead, usually through a geographic or nationalistic dominance (or domination!), preach an extreme loyalty to "the one true God/Allah/whoever" - extreme as in to the point of mortal sacrifice and/or war.  "Jihad".

Thus, I don't think it is out of devotion (or at least informed devotion) to one's denomination or "God" that such exclusivity and condemnation of "the other" exists.

I believe it is out of a *learned* and (okay, perhaps indoctrination is too strong a word) acculturated adopting and/or adapting to the norms of the religion you happen to practice.  The more comfortable with and convinced of the idea that YOUR religion "has it right", the more comfortable you are with shunning, condemning or even hating other religions.

Perhaps I should have said acCULTurated.

7. anemometers profile image58
    anemometersposted 6 years ago

I think that many of us believe the same things but there is a confusion like a tower of Babel.

8. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i have often stated the same thing. it makes me sick to see how brainwashed some people are over religion. to me when someone loves god more then their fellow humans, they need help. it's one thing to believe in some god, it's another thing to choose that belief over your fellow people.