jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do so many people need the world to be so mysterious?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Why do so many people need the world to be so mysterious?

between beliefs in gods, ghosts, re-birth, psychics, etc, it seems like understanding that the world is just what it seems is an almost impossible concept for so many. why can't people just realize that life here is just that and not some grand mystery.

2. Lord De Cross profile image82
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

We need al these mysteries. For instance Steven Spielberg wouldn't have made so many out of this world movies. Harrison Ford would have working in an Office and so on. Egyptians, Mayans, aztecs, Babylonians and Incas, they never wanted to keep the world in mystery and awe. They just lived a life like tht U.S. is doing it now. "Houston, we have a problem.."

3. CarltheCritic1291 profile image75
    CarltheCritic1291posted 6 years ago

That is a very good question nightwork4, and I believe it has to do with the fact that there are mysteries in life that are never explained, and people use gods, ghosts, etc. as a way to answer those questions. As we continue to find answers, we find more questions, and to many life is not as simple as we think it is. I hope this answers your question, it certainly is a good one.

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

lol @ nightwork you're funny!  I don't think people want the world to be anything, because at the end of the day the universe will remain true to itself.  For some this universe is full of mystery and this is their firm belief because they have experience it first hand.....as for others its like a trend of some sort.  Believe whatever you must, you are privy to that!

5. terrektwo profile image85
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Not sure we really need it mysterious it really just is because their are so many complex aspects no one can know everything, bt if we could what would encourage us to learn.

6. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I think it's because people have experienced, what they feel are 'mysterious' episodes in their lives so by extension life does hold mysteries that, so far, are not explained.

But one mystery I have is why someone like yourself gets so worked up about what other people believe in? Provided people aren't shoving their beliefs in your face - and I have had experience of that believe you me - then live and let live and each to their own.

working