jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should we worry about the year 2012 and what can we do?

1. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

Should we worry about the year 2012 and what can we do?

Should we all worry about the year 2012 or live one day at a time, and let tomorrow take care of itself?

2. joejagodensky profile image61
    joejagodenskyposted 6 years ago

I think the saying is, "tomorrow has worries enough of its own," Jesus said it.  We solve today's problems today in order that there may be a tomorrow.

3. skybase21 profile image59
    skybase21posted 6 years ago

No, because every single apocalyptic scenario that has been proposed so far has been wrong time and time again. The whole 2012 scenario with the Mayans and the long count calendar predicts nothing except the rise of the sun everyday. They developed 15-20 calendars and the end of each calendar was met with celebration in much the same way that we celebrate New Years. After that, they would simply begin a new calendar. That whole pole shift theory that people like to bring up since the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way makes no logical sense and most astronomers and physicists regard it as nonsense. Their calendar functioned in much the same way ours do today, but it covered a longer time period-144,000 days to be exact- because they were carving this into stone and it's easier to have a calendar that covers a long time interval. The Mayan calendar states that the Earth's "fifth sun" will end on December 21, 2012 on the winter solstice, after which a sixth 5,125 year cycle would begin. Most archaeologists that have studied their culture agree that the calendar doesn't point to any catastrophic events. Plus, the whole end of days thing is widely a westernized misreading of their calendar and beliefs. You wouldn't be afraid of your own calendar running out days. You would just buy another calendar and move on with your life.

4. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 6 years ago

nothing will happen in 2012 ... is all fake ... but if you're in doubt ...  live well today and you'll have a good yesterday and a better tomorrow if it comes.

5. micadeolu profile image48
    micadeoluposted 6 years ago

On December 22nd 2012, let all Mayans and their believers celebrate their new year in their grave or hamlets with worms and garbage because this ground I tread upon since my mother gave birth to me will not end until Christ comes back in truth. he has given us guidelines and signs to look for in His coming.

WE DO NOT NEED ANY PROPHET OF SATAN TO SCARE US TO CHRIST. We are already fasten and grafted with Him. Amen.