jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What power does your name or your nickname have over your life....

1. sir_tallest profile image64
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

What power does your name or your nickname have over your life....

do you think they influence you as a person or they are nothing but words without any power over yu

2. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

I think so. There are names that are stronger than others. Who do you think would win a fight between a guy named Xander Savage and a guy named Walter Lehew? Exactly.

3. incomeguru profile image98
    incomeguruposted 6 years ago

Names are very powerful, they really affects our personality. My good name has actually helped me in terms of my career progression. To summarize it all, it’s a blessing to me.

4. sumosalesman profile image59
    sumosalesmanposted 6 years ago

I don't weigh more than 180, but envisioning a sumo salesman adds a bit of persistence, respect for tradition, and absurd humor to the things I do when on HubPages.  It's a subtle thing, a bit fun but nothing more.

5. anupma profile image77
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

Names reflect the personality of a man. So it must have some meaning. My name is Anupma that means unique or matchless. According to my name, I always want to do something matchless or unique. My name really affects my whole personality.
    So I think names affect the person. Therefore one must be careful at the time of giving name to one's children.

6. shampa sadhya profile image82
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

Name is given by somebody and not chosen. When one is named then at that point it only matters how beautiful it sounds and the meaning also matters but without an idea of having an impact over the child.

In my case I must say there is an impact created upon me by my name.  I am Shampa which means electricity. Electricity spreads light and I feel whenever I come in contact with others I never lead them to darkness. I always try to spread light through my knowledge and understanding and leaving dark impression is not my style of interaction.

working