WHAT IS CONSCIOUSNESS

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (147 posts)
  1. video lost profile image57
    video lostposted 14 years ago

Is it God???

Is it everywhere inside and outside every thing, place, person, animal, thought, idea, process, calculation, theory etc???

Is it the thing which theoritical physicist want to prove via experiment.

Is it the idea, thought or theory originated after the frustration of scientists, sufis, tantriks, swamis, freemasons and meditators in proving God mathematically just as they did with gravity but unable to do the same with God???

Can it chose a prophet or everyone can become a prophet after invoking his/her consciousness???

Is it limited???

Is it an order of God or God itself???

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are different forms of consciousness.
      Christ or Krishna or god consciousness is the highest form , here one understand his divinity his oneness with god the cosmos.

Have you never heard of zero  0 ?
      This is god mathematically , the sage Aryabhatta is considered responsible for the creation of zero.

If the sufis and swamis are frustrated , what are you? absolutely frustrated??

Everyone can become a prophet , basically meditate ,gain enlightenment and then you work for god.

video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so there is difference between god and self concsiousness, is'nt it ???

god the cosmos ??? any reference

From the one comes the many and goes back to the one.God consciousness is all conscious levels together- One

i think i did'nt asked you

Think again .

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The only "consciousness" in existence is Human Consciousness, and to think otherwise is maddening your own existence as a human being.

Your individual consciousness allows you to think for yourself.

Therefore concludes, you are GOD of your life and need no external guidance.

2. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Freemasons of HubPages have asked that you contribute your efforts in the form of Writing Some Hubs!!! hmm

<link snipped - no promotion in the Forums>

3. lbtrader profile image60
      lbtraderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Consciousness...

IMO it is the product of chaos. The flow of energy away from the ground state which is where God Consciousness begins.

The further away we are from the ground state the more we feel our human energy - I just found out that human energy is called Anergy - animistic energy.

That is why most people like chaos though few would admit it. We (I admit it) drink, smoke, run around with the neighbours wife, and go to all types of extremes to find pleasure in CHAOS.

It is the sinners paradox and it is written in a story called Pandora's Box where in the end all we have to overcome the emptiness and the sick potential of chaos is hope.

With hope we look for a better way and a better day.

With meditation we seek a path to the ground state and the God Consciousness.

You asked.......

1. Jewels profile image83
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And through meditation we can let go of all the external senses and take consciousness inward beyond them.  Paradoxically you also find primordial chaos, but then you can put consciousness in that state and widen the spectrum of experiences.

2. video lost profile image57

You are suggesting to be in jungles and deserts, sorry, it's too old to practice. The need of the hour is BALANCE and respective guidlines which are prescribed by Allah and His Prophets.

1. lbtrader profile image60

I'm not suggesting that at all.

I say that we have come to be on the edge of extinction because we are living in a world where the "secular high priests" have managed to convince the major part of the human collective to a state of chaos that feeds the few.

I am not that well informed on the Muslim theological stuff except for the stuff I learn in the Net but I see how the balance you talk of could be a solution to the problem.

But if you have the arrogance to tell me that it is only through your "interpretation of God" that we can reach that balance then you had better bring about some more powerful "high priests" who have the ability to influence the herd quickly.

And with all due respect...do not do it with terror. It has proven to fail every time it was tried.

It is just evil fighting evil.

4. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the question cannot be answered, I really don't think Consciousness can be limited to a definition, once we try to define it, it becomes 'something' of which it cannot be.

Consciousness is formless, we can only be conscious of it in our lives. I don't believe 'it' can be limited.
      my belief smile

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think Consciousness is knowing oneself. Therefore, knowing the world around us. As an abstract it can't be limited ,as you say.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84

yes, I think so, being more aware of an inner life that is really in all life, even the air, our breath, an ocean wave.
          when we are conscious of 'this' consciousness, life is very alive, colors are more vivid and fluid. smile

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Consciousness is that which our mind can recognize and process.

Not necessarily you also have sub conscious  like  you heart beating, movement of blood etc which we dont recognize and process. smile
      Autonomic nervous system is not voluntary. smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We agree, you do not process it therefore it does not become conscious. smile Sub consciousness and mass consciousness are not made conscious unless we are able to access them and process them. smile

smile

elaborate

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I found my consciousness once after a looong hangover. Never found it again.

After or during the drinking session? alcohol changes one consciousness as well smile

2. advisor4qb profile image75
      advisor4qbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too funny!

4. profile image0

Haha, indeed it does. I never lost it again either. No sir.

5. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

WHAT IS CONSCIOUSNESS?

Knowing oneself. That's all

6. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

I'm not needing to advertise my hub, but this may broaden the discussion away from the religious angle.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Consciousness__ … _the_Brain

I agree with Ernest's angle. Consciousness is that which you can cognize, otherwise it is unconscious. Even our subconscious is not necessarily recognized by the mind.  In order to grasp consciousness there are levels of awareness that are required.  To use the term God is really a cheap shortcut to something nebulous.

As Mohits said also, there are many many levels of consciousness, but unless one is conscious of these, they are basically concepts and theories.  Until one can widen their level of consciousness, humans are restricted primarily to the senses which is a narrow perception.

how can the level of consciousness be widened???

By the experience of putting awareness where you currently don't have it.

how can you get aware of an unaware thing???

Mysterious isn't it.  How did we invent computers when before them there was no understanding of them?  You delve, you play, you explore, you become a pioneer.  You map, you compare.  Break boundaries, no limits.  Do not be content to believe that which is written knowledge.  Unless you experience for yourself, written knowledge belongs to someone else.

Reminds me of the words of Plato...

Words cannot express form and there is a pure form for everything that we will never truly understand.

We can get pieces of it (IT) here and there on the journey.

I'd love to have been around Plato and his students. A pure form for everything.  I did a hub on Consciousness Thoughts and the Brain, where I can slow down thoughts enough to see the fallen structure of them and the closer they get to the brain the more fallen it is.  What I see is the archetype without understanding what it is, and what 'falls' from that. Requires involution to see it in reverse.  Can only go up a certain way. 

In Plato's time, knowledge was knowing.  There was major experiences in their knowledge and it was the mind that was used to bring those experiences into a form of written knowledge.  Somewhere along the way, most people lost the ability to have the experience and are satisfied to believe written words.  To a degree that's ok, but in some cases, sheer stupidity to have blind belief.

That's the same mess you people are doing with ordinary masses of the world. you delve, you play, you explore, you become a pioneer, you map, you compare and in all these stages innocent humans lost their precious lives. They lost their loved ones just to experiment your ideas, your thoughts, your immaginations, your illusions, your delusions and your experiments on humans (that how can they live peacefully under which philosophical sickness).

Moreover, i hope you would agree that computer was not the by product of Meditation, Yoga and Self Consciousness.

Well you have to look at where inspiration comes from.  If we are talking about Consciousness here, you have to encompass more than what's in front of your face.  Did you know that when meditators go through phases of practice, like weeks and weeks at a time of meditation, the thought forms are massive.  The level of creativity is huge.  Now when this happens, it's not a mistake to say "this is thought", it is thought.  But thought that would not have occured had you been in your normal state of consciousness.  There is a huge difference. 

It's funny, when I've been through periods, I've written screen plays, books, designed houses and created all sorts of things.  Amazing spaces these are.

Then there are those spaces that have no words.  Massive states, bliss and beyond bliss.  No body.  Lost references.

Yes there are different phases in meditation.

Dear,

It does not matter whether you look at the source of inspiration or not. Whether you look at the gravity or not. Whether you look at the Microwaves or not. The things which matter are guidlines and teachings from the Ultimate Source - The Creator. Without an instruction manual, you can not drive the ultimate human machine on your own on the right path. The things which matter are that the Ultimate Source has constantly told you via different Prophets that you can not conceive me in any thing / place / being / thought / process / knowledge / light / darkness / space / time / atom / sub atom / planet / electron / photon / neuron / soul / spirit / material etc. The things which matter are the obedience to Allah and His Messenger.

Otherwise, in search of having a glimpse of the source you will destroy mankind and it's peace and is already happening due this propagandized illusionary world of magic and mysticism.

Well see, that's blind faith in my book.  Absolutely can't go there with you.  From an early age it was experience above all things that was important.  I respect you have your beliefs, go for it.  But dear fellow human, Allah and his book just doesn't spread well on my sandwiches.

2. Jewels profile image83

You need to understand the concept of what consciousness is video lost. Broaden, widen the concept.  What is it that inspires a creative process?

One would be unwise to ask the question "What is Consciousness" then demand people to do as Allah tells you.  Hmmmmm??  Mind you, Allah never told me anything, so I don't have to do as he wants.

If everyone gets inspired then why these Theoritical (Mystical) and Experimental scientists are unable to create a robot which does not resembles an already existed human or insect??? why???

Qur’an, Ch 22, V 73. O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!

NOW THAT'S THE LIMIT. think about it with open eyes (not meditation)

Now you're speaking silly words, words which have absolutely no effect whatsoever.  Understand what an archetype is. Now with my eye open and my eyes open, Allah the great is perhaps talking about creation itself and the emanations from creation.  But man, we little humble ants down here, are able to take dribbles from the archetype and create from them.  Is that fair enough?  Does that appease your Allahness?

See, you could do a bit of kneeling and involuting and go inside and see how you can do that, if you want that is.  I'm not going to pressure you or anything. Your choice.  Thank the Gods we have choice!

7. profile image0

And the mighty Queen has spoken. Hello dear Jewels, my antepodian delight.

Hello dear one.

8. video lost profile image57

???

9. video lost profile image57

Here the consciousness is exposed
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/20978645/The-Limit

I can tell by the spelling and terminology that you wrote that "satan" dribble yourself.... and nothing to do with any conscious thoughts, all nonsense from your book of hate.  lol

you are totally wrong my dear smile

10. Cow Flipper profile image73
    Cow Flipperposted 14 years ago

Consciousness is not the sum of cognition, cognition is a secondary result of the fact that we are able to process information. Consciousness is the self awareness of being, being aware that you are aware, that you are conscious. To understand the argument is a question of what came first, the chicken or the egg? Perhaps the question is irrelevant in and of itself. Is the brain the base of consciousness? Or is the cognition of ones existence that is the base of consciousness? So is it the computer or the program? Is it the soul that is conscious? Or the the thoughts and memories that create consciousness? The truth is it is all these things. Memory, actuation, actualization, cognition, reaction, emotion, distinction, recognition... they are all related to what we are calling consciousness. To understand that the question was asked makes you conscious... "I think therefore I am!"

As you said consciousness is the self awareness of being but no one could become 100% correctly self aware without guidance from a super being-the one who created. The experiences of our world clearly states that we get deviated or get detracked often or forget. Think of Microsoft as an organization of people without any CEO, without any guidlines, rules and regulations, without any trainings etc. It's imposible to drive such a disorganized messy organization. It will collapse the same hour.

The power behind neurons whether it be soul, spirit or consciousness is not the thing to be discovered and recognized for peace. Infact, the thing which will prevail the ultimate peace is God Consciousness-how much we give importance to the dos and donts of the One True God, The Ultimate Creator of the body and soul both. Both brain and soul (power) behind it are important. A human becomes at it's zenith when body and soul become combined. Both the ideologies, materialism (body based) and Spiritualism (soul based) are wrong because both of them bypass the importance of other.

"I think therefore i am ..."

the correct statement is "i am therefore i think ..."

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
        Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You certainly have us fooled then. wink

2. tantrum profile image60

I am, therefore I think that I am

The process of thinking is also a type of creation just as a material and soul.

1. profile image0
            Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The process of thinking is nothing more than a bunch of neurons firing inside your head. You can thank that big fat cheeseball in the sky who you so lovingly worship on your neurons. Because without them you would not be able to formulate your flaky ideas about God.

Here's a conundrum for you : Science introduced us to neurons. You need neurons to believe in God. Take away your neurons, or at least re-channel the pathways they operate along and you too, would no longer believe in God. What would you then believe in? Science?

ho ho ho.

Science may have introduced us to neurons, ie put a name to them, but they were there before science gave them a name.  Please understand I'm not an advocate for religious dogma - just so you know.

Science, Philosophy and Psychology are dead jammed in finding out the stimulus behind neurons. The field of Robotics is extremely frustrated on this issue. Take your classes well and then come back.

Since i'm in a mood for debate....

Your opinion about science being the panacea of all that hurts us seems very convincing at first glance. However, where science meets the paranormal is where I begin to have a problem with logical linear thinking people.

Scientists get payed big bucks to formulate rules. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but the only real thing about scientific evidence is that "nothing is constant forever".

My problem with religions is that they are bent on arguing with scientists about what is and what isn't.

I quoted the computer encyclopedia of panacea and systemantics in a recent hub because I found it ironic how we as societies build systems of belief and get caught up in those systems.

That's a truth that applies both to secular and theological schools.

I personally believe humanity lost it's virginity when Plato and those other early scientist came on the seen and shut down the intuitive poets.

Since then we have been riding the scientists wave and arguing it with the religious groups. IMO the wizard is about to be relocated in the very argument when intuitive minds return to be who they were when people knew how to be part of the light.

Just my opinion and just because I can't sleep.

3. mohitmisra profile image60

"I think therefore i am ..."  You materialize your thoughts is the truth.

"i am therefore i think ..."  This is by someone who has no idea about spirituality.

11. Jewels profile image83

Thank the powers that be that we are not only the sum result of what we think.  Our thoughts are often so sewer related, I think I am more than a sewer.  I know I am more than a sewer.

Thoughts! Their is more beyond what we comprehend with thoughts. There is that which is seen with the inner eye, words haven't caught up yet.

The inner eye may lead to destruction just as the outer eye. The inner mind (soul) may lead to destruction just as the outer brain (body). The inner eye of Einstein lead us to the greatest world wars mankind ever witnessed in the history of the world. Guidance is necessary in each and every case from the Ultimate Teacher for the ultimate peace to prevail.

Einstein gave us knowledge, what we did with it was the problem. Nothing wrong with learning. We would have learnt it anyway. smile

Agreed, but those who did wrong with the theory were also self conscious (conscious oriented), unguided brains, believing and supporting one or the other philosophical themes like Evolution, Humanism, Liberalism or Pantheism.

Or christianity, or muslim, or any other thing you care to name. You do not escape the human condition with religious belief.

Agreed (to some extent), but look at the impact of both. Only the ill effects of WWII has got no other comparable example with any other religious wars (put togehter) in the history of mankind. Look at the percecution, harassment and bullying of Jews by the hands of Ancient Egyptians (Non Religious conscious oriented people)

2. Jewels profile image83

Well make sure you get yourself a good teacher if every you decide to use your inner eye.  Perhaps that's what's missing in your life.  I'm not having a problem with mine.  Haven't started any wars either smile  Ignorance doesn't help with these things.  You cannot talk about broadening consciousness and not including inner vision.  It's an oxymoron, or should I say moronic not to be aware of it.

But the reality is that every one of those who support any philosophical or psychological ideology like Freemasonry, Pantheism, Spinoza's, Humanism, Liberalism, Materialism, Zionism, Evolution, Self Evolution, Self Consciousness, proclaim to be guided by the ultimate Mediators or Guiders or Rabbis. Afterwards, look at the devastation and annihilation.

May be you as an indivisual does not have any problems in practicing mysticism but when you walk naked thinking of it as a supreme way of living in your natural outlook, here comes the problem. Because there are over 5 billion people in the world and if you respect each and every indivisuals self consciousness then may be rape, for some group, will be supreme way of achieving peace and so it happens around.

That is also where I tend to see both secular linear dogma and theological dogma collide or maybe (bond).

ZeitGeist....spirit of time as been made to look like it is one sided by the media. It can be good or bad and it falls on the side of those who have the power to influence the herd. The spirit of humans, on this planet anyway, is the spirit of a higher power - mixed in with less free willed but more intuitive species.

There really is no need for a God so we can all deny it - or as I like to call that force nowadays - IT. But there is no denying the spirit of humanity as a collective and if we allow ourselves to become serfs to overlords who deny our free will then we are no better than animals.

Not saying that we are better than animals...actually I'm going out for a smoke and I may just hug a tree while I'm at ....before or after the p.

2. mohitmisra profile image60

The inner eye may lead to destruction- it leads to god to Allah, dont be afraid to meditate.

Einsteins wasn't enlightened don't mix up the inner eye with any type of knowledge.

Einstein  died a frustrated man as he couldn't handle the fact that his invention was used for war and not for the good of humanity which was his idea or purpose for creation.

Meditation and Yoga are good as excercises, agree, but are not meant for leading to Allah. Only Allah can lead you to Himself through His guidance and teaching. Just as Meditation can not lead you towards the proper messages given by Einstein, only Einstein's teachings, trainings, equations and theories can lead you towards him.

Dear one, you know not of what you speak.  A guide is only a guide, the word guide means something to show you the way.  But you have to DO it yourself.  So hop to it, get yourself comfy and meditate.  If you would like your third eye opened call me.

And if you were to speak to a real yogi he would not waste his spit on you if you thought his practices were but mere exercises.  Do not confuse western bastardization of yoga gymnastics with the real thing.  And never think that meditation is a game, mind you, you can have allot of fun too.

I agree...

Words are cheap.  Like the word prophet. Everybody wants to be a prophet nowadays it seems.

Difference between a prophet and an intuitive?

The prophet is never wrong....

The intuitive can draw you a map and get you to change your course of action and lead away from chaos.

Therefore the psychic intuitive prefers to be proven wrong.

And always beware of false prophets.

Some guy here did a hub on the righteous and opinionated.  Was good.  I'll have to go hunt it up.  Shows of course how flexibility is a positive character trait. smile  The religious forum could use a dose of that hub I think. lol

Yoga means union , you uniting with Allah.The prophet Muhammad was known to meditate regularly in a cave and thats when he had a Revelation.
            You contact or Allah makes contact with you in meditation.

That was not meditation. That was deep thinking. There is a hell of difference between meditation and deep thinking. Deep thinking is also encouraged by Allah. Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) was also a deep thinker, looking at stars, observing their harmonic movements etc and figuring out consequently that this can not be done by any idol, idea, thought, story or theory which they attribute to Allah.

Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) never directed for meditation specially after the start of Qur’anic revelations. In truth, Muhammad (pbuh) instructed to keep eyes open while prayers regardless of feeling more deepness when the eyes are closed.

For more details, you can click on http://www.scribd.com/doc/20978645/The-Limit

You don't gain enlightenment by deep thinking only but by contemplating and meditating as well.Off course deep thinking or contemplating on the divine is advocated by all prophets and masters.

Sorry but one debate goes is whether Muhammad gained enlightenment or had a super conscious experience while meditating.

Well if he instructed to keep ones eyes open then he was deceiving you all .

People wonder what sort of meditation he was doing in the cave. smile

12. earnestshub profile image80

consciousness, that which is so far unconscious or not available to consciousness without further self knowledge. smile

13. earnestshub profile image80

I believe that meditation, real meditation is a major factor in making consciousness. smile

Do you also believe that meditation can increase you sixth sense and you intuition. And that by developing intuition you then rely less on the linear logic of sciences.

I believe in offsets.

It is very difficult to rely on intuition without other strong traits or types of functioning to ensure any accuracy at all with intuition. It kills both ends if misused or misunderstood. smile
        A bit like being really smart. In reality it is difficult to be really smart because to think accurately you need to be able to feel accurately. These are opposite functions and both intuition and sensate need to be integrated before any reliability can be placed on thinking. Same with intuition. smile

They work together well and science needs to keep touch with the human element at all times in their search for answers.  Same with anything of the intuitive or metaphysical levels.  They can be bridged, I've no doubt of that.

I agree Jewels, it excites me when I see where this leads! smile

2. lbtrader profile image60

That's what I'm thinking...

It's almost like you could be the left side of my brain...lol

IMO we are along with the quantum leaps of IT are about to bridge the gap between intuition and logic.

As for the person who quotes the Qu'ran about the fly...with all due respect again...I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket of devotion at this time....and do not count your chickens before they are hatched.

Confucius I think....said those words of wisdom...or maybe not!!!

I think there is a song in there somewhere.  You be my right brain, I be your left brain.  Now where's the archetype of that piece of music lol

14. groupwiseinc profile image59
    groupwiseincposted 14 years ago

a word often used in everyday speech to describe being awake and aware – responsive to the environment, in contrast to being asleep or in a coma.

15. earnestshub profile image80

OK Video lost, so you don't know anything about the subconscious either I see. smile

16. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

Not matter how many you try to find out the meaning of consciousness,it's always a variable.If the meaning of consciousness were same to everyone then we would not argue or fight so much in the world.

17. Jewels profile image83

It is a fruitless quest to talk to anyone about consciousness when said person has no idea of third eye awareness. Disgraceful.  Video lost, Allah would be very disappointed in you indeed.

Qur’an, Ch 10, V 35. Say: "Of your 'partners' is there any that can give any guidance towards truth?" Say: "It is Allah Who gives guidance towards truth, is then He Who gives guidance to truth more worthy to be followed, or he who finds not guidance (himself) unless he is guided? what then is the matter with you? How judge ye?"

Truth is not something that can be taught, but something to find and to hold. A Teacher will give his student enough guidance whereby the student finds his/her own truth.  But the Teacher can never do it for the student, never.

If your Teacher guides you well, you will be as the teacher is and the teacher will have completed his task.

Allah has asked me to guide you but you dont want to listen. Jewels is also a lot more in touch with Allah than you are but again you dont want to listen.

Qur'an, Ch 33, V 40. Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

You do know my work is ranked over the Holy Quran smile
            You do not understand Muhammad so I am trying to explain to you that he had his revelation while meditating in a  cave.

18. tantrum profile image60

You wrote:
    You do know my work is ranked over the Holy Quran

'The true means of being misled is to believe oneself finer than the others.'
    The truest characters of ignorance are vanity, and pride and arrogance.”
    “Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.”

to whom it may concern

The most arrogant person is the one telling an enlightened religious poet who is ranked very highly that he is arrogant on a religious forum.
      Truth doesn't change because you cannot handle it. smile

I know what I have gone through to put this book together, since you believe its a big joke write a better book.
      Ten years of my life is what it has taken. smile

lol lol lol You're putting yourself in evidence!
        You should have ignore my post. That, if you were wise.

So some one ranked over masterpieces is not wise? lol  lol
          The god knowledge I share will benefit you smile

lol Go on !
            You're not being wise now lol

May be you are the one being foolish. smile I have already proved my wisdom , but you are too arrogant to see smile

19. tantrum profile image60

I don't have to prove anything.
    I never said I wasn't arrogant. As an arrogant ,I can tell when I spot another one. The problem with you is, that you don't want to face it.
    And that's very foolish, I'm sorry to say.

Well my work is ranked over Bibles, Quras and Bhagwat Gitas, if you had such a statement yes it would be foolish and arrogant but not when I make it as it is simple truth .

Try and be normal and decent and say congratulations, ask me questions on god  rather than give me attitude on a religious forum as I dont need it. smile

If you had gained enlightenment, spent ten years of your life writing a book on it , then get ranked very highly and I come along and say you are arrogant for saying your work is ranked so highly when the fact is that it is ranked so highly I would be behaving very foolishly. smile

oops, we're talking about consciousness on this thread?

and you are arguing that you are the most
        enlightened??

20. tantrum profile image60

good for you then. If you're happy with that. But as a wise man you said to be, you should know that there are more important things in life, than beeing proud of such an earthly achievement, and mouthing it all over the place.
    I would think it's better to 'rank' you soul highly, and not to show on a forum your human weakness.

Buddy these are my qualifications and we are on a religious forum. When someone gives me attitude I remind them who I am , simple.

Yes I am proud of being ranked over the Holy Bible, Quran and Bhagwat Gita, wouldn't you be? is this some crappy achievement for you? I work for god and he does his thing, I am not ranking myself on this library.

Like I said I know how difficult it was for me and if you think its no big deal go ahead and write a better book which gets ranked over mine.

You get ranked over these books and I will gladly bow to you and never give you any attitude.

I have attained enlightenment and I am here to spread this god knowledge I have gained and unite the religions.

Dont have the luxury  you have as my time is very important, got a lot of work to do and I have just started.

21. tantrum profile image60

you said:

Try and be normal and decent and say congratulations, ask me questions on god  rather than give me attitude on a religious forum as I dont need it.

I haven't read your book so I can't congratulate you. I'm arrogant ,but I'm not false.
    I'm not giving you an attitude. I don't need it. I'm only giving my opinion

22. tantrum profile image60

You say :
    'Yes I am proud of being ranked over the Holy Bible, Quran and Bhagwat Gita, wouldn't you be? is this some crappy achievement for you? I work for god and he does his thing, I am not ranking myself on this library.'

'I have attained enlightenment and I am here to spread this god knowledge I have gained and unite the religions. '

You show yourself with these words
    I Can't argue with such an arrogance! You beat me !

No comments.

Try being nice as I remind you I don't need to take your non sense  smile

23. tantrum profile image60

@rebekah

And we are happier and lively. Makes live more easygoing ,until it's time to go... With our consciousness somewhere else.

yes, I agree. I have experiences I write about this, I will share one here for you.
      http://rebekahelle.com/?p=66

Thanks . I bookmarked it. I'll read it later. cheers ! smile

24. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60
    TheAllSeeingEyeposted 14 years ago

What is consciousness?

Consciousness is simply awareness. The more aware of reality we are, the more conscious we are and more awake to reality we are.

How do we get more awareness?

Seek the truth, open one's mind, balance negative and positive thoughts and welcome intuition.

The mind is a duality. Positive and negative thinking.

To reach enlightenment or godhood state of mind, one needs to feel every duality emotion and thought. When one experiences all emotions and seek higher knowledge, meditate and balance negative and positive mindset, one then can reach enlightenment.

Now people are discussing consciousness and enlightenment, but I have not seen one mention of multidimensional existence.

People here accept that GOD is within, a self discovery and not an outside source which re-written modern religions point to. Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc... all are re written pagan religions. Man made faith systems or control systems.

Pagan religions or ancient religions are original religions. The origins of worship.

The true religion?

Is self, spirituality, connecting with the ALL.

The biggest crime ever in mankind?

Was when the FEW were allowed to enslave the MANY. Create control systems, religions, governments and money!!!

Humanity has lost its godhood, lost its free will, lost its connectivity with the divine being.

How?

Rule and divide...seperation...the chase of materialism...rascism...suppression...enslavement.

Humans are less in touch with nature than any other living organism on this planet.

A cow in a field is more in tune with the divine being than us mere easily manipulated human race.

Who or what is suppressing and enslaving mankind?

I think the answer to this lies within the multi dimensional realm of spirituality. The REAL religion.

A belief is only true if one believes it to be true!!!

This is the biggest brain teaser ever!

How does one know the truth?

I think intuition is key to this priceless question.

While seeking the truth who will identify the difference between the truth and false. And you are very well aware of the limitations of a human. A human dies, forgets, deviates etc. A human can not even create a robot which does not resembles an already existed human or insect. A human is so much frustrated that it can not even think about how ancient egyptians constructed pyramids.

Any reference for your allegation on Islam and Christianity. And control systems are very important in the lives of humans. Look around at the universe, how Allah keeps controll over asteroids which does not hit earth. Imagine Microsoft being not controlled by the CEO and there are no rules and regulations for the employees. The organization will collapse immediatly. 

It's the result of free will you talked about which compelled the top notch member of Skulls and Bones, Bush, to kill and butcher innocents.

Your thinking is very unrealistic because it's this INTUITION which led human kind to create false and pathetic systems of living our lives like socialism, communism, capitalism, materialism, humanism, zionism etc. All these were supported by Freemasonry and other esoteric clubs and organizations. The founding fathers of USA are Freemasons and we are suffering their atrocities guided by their consciousness and intuition.

Therefore, instead of self consciousness, the need of the hour is God consciousness - The Dos and Donts of God in each and every walk of our lives.

25. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

What is the difference between self consciousness and God consciousness?

Do you feel that everything came about from one complete consciousness and we are ALL part of a divine conscious or do you feel that there is a creator GOD, a separate entity that created everything and that very everything has a separate conscious?

If you feel ALLAH is a separate conscious from anything else then who created ALLAH?

Pagan religions are the original worshipping on the planet and they worshipped the SUN, MOON and the STARS as well as the planet itself. Earth or mother GAIA was the Pagan GOD of earth.

Why would the elite humans want to create a robot to resemble a human slave?

They already have human robots to control LOL!!!

It's cheaper and they have the real deal in the flesh at their command to work the land for them.

Any religion that has been documented long after pagan worshipping have been written as a faith system. Why the need for a faith system? To control the sheep or uneducated ones.

What do faith systems teach their followers?

To worship an outside source of god, a divine being who created everything.

Ask who created the divine being who created everything and there is no answer, no logical explanation as to who created an outside GOD figure.

As for freewill it all depends on where the will is going to.

This is why multidimensional realities play its part.

To be in a god state of mind or creator mind, a person can only be positive or to love unconditionally. If there is any fear or hate or any form of negative input in the thought there can be no divinity, no creation. Nothing can exist without LOVE. There are dualities for every creation.

I will give you an example.

If you step into a room full of darkness where every dark thought and evil lurks within the gloom and take with you a shining light or brightly lit candle, the darkness vanishes, the evil withdraws and the negativity is overwhelmed by the positive light.

Now try taking that darkness, evil and negativity into a well lit room, a room shining with pure bright light, with positivity and love and peace, into a room shining with unconditional love and the darkness has no effect, has no impact upon the light whatsoever, unlike the light's positive effect over the darkness beforehand.

So I bring you back to my initial point. There can be no creation without LOVE and LIGHT, but on the flip side of the coin, the darkness and negativity will have little effect on any creation. Light is needed for creation, darkness is not.

Now my other point on multi dimensional existence is that there are dualities within dimensions. There is a higher realm of spirituality, a realm of light and love, but there is also the lower realm of negativity of darkness and evil.

Now there are entities or souls that reside in each realm. There are creators and light entities that emit love and god spirit, and there are dark entities that emit hate, fear and negativity.

There is a struggle between both light and dark, as there are struggles between ALL dualities, although the light when shining at full capacity will always win over darkness.

The dark entities know this, and they know they cannot win over the light, for the light is the love creator of everything.

They go about their business to fool and deceive lower dimensional realms that darkness prevails and rules over light or in other terms evil rules over love and negative rules over positive.

Look around you in the world today. See the wars, depressions and crimes escalate by each passing day. See the negativity oozing out of every pore among the mass population of the planet. Watch how people chase the darkness, the negativity without a care or understanding of reality. See how people chase the money, the life of materialism and live by the clock on the wall. An outside source of time which isn't in tune with the body clock or keeping within the consciousness of real cosmos time.

People live in blindness, ignorance and denial. They worship the darkness without even knowing so. It's not entirely their own fault either for most have been deceived and suppressed of knowledge. They have been kept in the dark over real religion or purpose of life. They do not know their real past or the origins of life.

WHY?

So that the FEW who work for the dark entities of lower multidimensional existence can remain in POWER forever in this 3rd dimensional world we are living in.

Are the forces of Love and peace ruling this planet? Are we living in a heavenly reality here on earth or are we living a life of slavery, suppression and HELL on earth?

To escape this negative reality people need to seek the truth and let their intuition guide them. If they choose to be guided by control systems and choose to chase materialism and money then they are supporting the dark side without even knowing it.

The way to find GOD consciousness is through themselves, through unconditional love and positivity. They need to know their dualities to control them. They need to understand negative emotion to be able to separate them from positivity. It is the only way to enlightenment and to be connected with the universal conscious of god.

Yes, there is a difference between God Consciousness and Self Consciousness. For more details click on http://www.scribd.com/doc/21037550/The-Limit

Regarding your question where does God came from ???

A. The question is absolutely irrelevant, BECAUSE Allah has got His own definition, description and characteristics which are different from the creations that He created. The foremost point related to Allah is that He is not created, no body created Him. So there no need to ask this question, it’s irrelevant and illogical after Allah defined Him as uncreated. Allah seizes to be Allah if you find him being created or if you find him becoming a human or the creation itself or if you find him within every creation. A scientist does not need to become a computer system on his own rather he just created that thing and wrote an instruction manual to use it in a better way. Similarly Allah does not need to become a universe in order to create it or make us understand how to make a good use of it. He just created it.

CASE STUDY

If I say, John, my friend is in the hospital and he gave birth to a child. Now you come and ask me, was the child boy or a girl??? Here, your question becomes irrelevant because a man can not give birth. It’s not his attribute so what's the question of whether it was a boy or a girl.

The best definition of God is as follows. And after that asking where does God came from and what does it look like are totally irrelevant.

Qur'an / Chapter 112 - The Unity, Sincerity, Oneness Of Allah
      1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
      2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
      3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
      4. And there is none like unto Him.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your claim in this post is non-existent, conjecture and/or both.

GOD isn't of existence- HUMANKIND is and has it's own consciousness.

NO External Guidance require.

GOD or ALLAH didn't create anything.

Existence exists and once you understand that- YOU might actually live a much better life.

Allah is the source or god the creator of everything.

26. tantrum profile image60

@TheAllSeeingEye

You're wrong.You're being basic.
    The fight between God and Evil is a symbolism for polarity. This is adual / bipolar, world/creation.
    You have good & evil, Health & sickness, Beauty & ugliness, light & darkness, etc.With shades of gray in the middle.
    Light is needed for creation just as darkenss, as light can only come from darkness.
    If darkness doesn't exists, there's no light. Both are part of the creation. One cannot exist without the other.
    You say you're healthy, because there's sickness. You say something is beautiful, because there's ugliness.
    to think about dark and light entites fighting for or with us, is childish.
    Light can never win over darkness. If so, light disappears. Darkness likewise.
    This is a dual world.The fault of one of them will cause the world to collapse.

I will give you credit for this words though:

'Any religion that has been documented long after pagan worshipping have been written as a faith system. Why the need for a faith system? To control the sheep or uneducated ones.

What do faith systems teach their followers?

To worship an outside source of god, a divine being who created everything.

Ask who created the divine being who created everything and there is no answer, no logical explanation as to who created an outside GOD figure.'

27. profile image0
    Adnan Habibposted 14 years ago

My opinion is- perceptions develop into conceptions. conceptions personified is consciousness.

28. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

Light can never win over darkness.

--------

Yet take a light in a dark room and light prevails.

Take any form of darkness into a well lit room and the darkness has no effect whatsoever!

Beauty is more appealing and more dynamic than ugliness.

Positivity is more energising and creative than negativity.

The duality struggles go on and on, but light, love and positiveness will always prevail over their dualities.

If you are healthy you will live longer than if you are sick.

For any creation, there must be light and vibration which raises the necessary frequency to shape and form matter.

If there is darkness and only darkness there is no creation without light.

If there is light and no darkness there is every chance of creation. Science prove this is the case. For any form to manifest into matter there must be two main ingredients. Atoms and light. Not Atoms and darkness.

The struggle between good and evil is not childish at all. It's a common factor of life. If everyone was good willed, positive in attitude and only thought of kindness and love there would be no wars, no murder, no slavery and no competition just like there isn't any competition between nature and wildlife. Everything is equal and everything evolves together. A savage mentality can only be taught by others. When we are born we are born with a balanced mind ready to learn our lessons of a new life. We also are born with no restrictions and we are naturally exploratory and of free will. It is control methods that install fear and hate in all of us. If we only knew love from the start then everyone would be kind and good natured. Instead we are taught to be afraid, to be scared and to be defensive. We are taught to compete against each other for a better life. We are all chasing external dreams and material satisfaction. Yet when we get what we want, get the good job, get the flash car, get the large house we are left with an empty feeling. Money and material things does not bring deep understanding and abundance of self. Many people are never really happy although possessing all the money and material things available to them. What they lack is self love, the feeling to feel good no matter what outside influences stand in their way. Money and greed, power and control are only gained through negativity and on many of occasions through stresses. The body craves for more yet is never fully satisfied. Material things and money is a quick fix or temporary buzz. Spirituality and enlightenment is permanent happiness if channelled in a positive light.   

Yet we are subjected to negativity in our daily lives. We are suppressed of knowledge, forced to live a certain way, made to follow certain rules and orders. Instead of being led by others we should lead each other. Learn together and evolve naturally together. Instead we are told to watch the man made clock, think a certain way, believe in a certain god or religion that teaches us absolutely nothing about life and purpose.

Because of the few who find it necessary to use negative energies and manipulation to suppress the masses, most of us are all thumbed down both physically and mentally. We are not in tune with body and soul. We look for outside guidance and control systems to lead us. All this does is keep the wealth and power separated from the masses. It keeps the bloodlines of the elite in a godhood state of consciousness while the rest grope around blindly in the darkness, searching for answers and living a life without meaning or purpose.

So I think the struggle between positive and negative, good and evil, light and darkness is very much a part of reality. It's awareness that separates dualities, and it's awareness that opens up the stair gate to god consciousness.

The holy bible and other religious writings are a mixture of mythology and hidden messages. If the hidden messages are deciphered people can understand spirituality or the real religion.

"Taste the forbidden fruit and they have become like god himself"

Could this phrase relating to Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden really mean that they had come to understand spirituality and enlightenment?

29. Kaabi profile image61
    Kaabiposted 14 years ago

I don't think consciousness is as complex as people here make it out to be.  I mean, it is extremely complicated, how it is created through chemicals, but really we all just have our chemicals in our brains creating consciousness.  I don't think there is much more to it then that, except perhaps on a metaphysical level we cannot understand.

30. tantrum profile image60

@theAlleSeeingEye

I never said 'light can never win over darkness'
    Read properly, please !. Don't put words into my mouth that I haven't said.
    What I said was,:
    the one can't be without the other.
    you said as an example :
    'Beauty is more appealing and more dynamic than ugliness.'

But beauty exists because ther's ugliness. Ugliness likewise.
    For the light of the creation to be, there must be a darkness where it comes from.

If evil didn't exist, this earth would be too small for us. We would be overcrowded. Death has to exist, sicknes, wars everything. As I said before this is a bipolar creation.
    How could you understand light ,if there's no darkness ??

Anyway, if you're happy with your beliefs. Good for you !. but I think a little bit of thinking wouldn't harm you at all.

31. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

Tantrum

This is what you said

"to think about dark and light entites fighting for or with us, is childish.
    Light can never win over darkness."

So I am not putting words into any-one's mouth at all am I?

I think you need to read your own posts properly before you put your foot into your own mouth to be honest.

Yes everything has a duality. It's the balance of everything. However, light, positivity and beauty are ALL more prevailing than their dualities.

You made a point about over population of the planet if there were no wars, no diseases etc...

Now there is enough food and water to cater for everyone. Most diseases are man made. Pollution, unhygienic practices, chemical spraying and dumping of rubbish and rotten food which isn't disposed of properly all go toward the increase of disease. It is not nature that causes diseases but man himself.

Now we seem to have all the money in the world to fight wars and pay those huge bonuses to the elitists yet we do not have enough money to feed the poor or treat the sick of the world.

Man creates their own problems and it is man who is destroying the planet and not the planet itself.

Surely you don't need to be educated about this. I think thinking is a word you are not so sure about.

Each to their own belief method, but a little diplomacy wouldn't go a miss don't you think?

32. tantrum profile image60

@ TheAllSeeing

This is what I said:

'to think about dark and light entites fighting for or with us, is childish.
    Light can never win over darkness. If so, light disappears. Darkness likewise.
    This is a dual world.The fault of one of them will cause the world to collapse.'

So I'm not saying that light can't win over darkness
    I'm pointing you out, your own beliefs

33. tantrum profile image60

@TheAllSeeing

As I pointed out on all the posts, I believe one can't exist without the other. No That one can win over the other.

So education is not a word I think about ? hmm

34. tantrum profile image60

@TheallSeeing
    you say:
    Now there is enough food and water to cater for everyone

Really ?? for how long ?
    In what planet do you live ?

35. tantrum profile image60

@Theallseeing:
    You say:
    'Now there is enough food and water to cater for everyone. Most diseases are man made. Pollution, unhygienic practices, chemical spraying and dumping of rubbish and rotten food which isn't disposed of properly all go toward the increase of disease. It is not nature that causes diseases but man himself.

Now we seem to have all the money in the world to fight wars and pay those huge bonuses to the elitists yet we do not have enough money to feed the poor or treat the sick of the world.

Man creates their own problems and it is man who is destroying the planet and not the planet itself.

Surely you don't need to be educated about this. I think thinking is a word you are not so sure about.

Each to their own belief method, but a little diplomacy wouldn't go a miss don't you think?'

What all this has to do with light and darkness ? If something, you're giving me the reason.
    Light and darkness go together. the proof is your own words.

And about being diplomat, I'm not
    About being educated, I'm not

If being educated is believing what you believe I'd rather be an ignorant.
    thank you !

36. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

Tantrum

Light prevails over darkness. Where there is light there is no darkness. Where there is dark there is still light if both come together. SO in theory, the light wins.

It's the same with all positive over negative dualities.

Positiveness prevails over negativity. So in theory, good overcomes evil as long as the good is not out balanced by the evil.

The point I am really making is that GOD consciousness only exist through positivity which brings all the emotions, feelings and matter that fall into its category into perspective. Love will always prevail over hate, happiness will always prevail over sadness, courage will always prevail over fear etc...

I am not implying negativity can never prevail over positivity entirely because if negativity completely out balances positivity like we are seeing today in the world than negativity will then be in the driving seat.

This is why the media always bring more bad news and negativity than good news. Why? To keep the fear flowing through people's brains. When people fear they are easily controlled.

It's like this,

Create a problem
    Cause mass panic
    Offer a solution

Problem is, the solution only benefits the few and not the many!!!

you say :
      'The point I am really making is that GOD consciousness only exist through positivity which brings all the emotions, feelings and matter that fall into its category into perspective.'

But GOD consciousness exists in everything ,not only light. If you believe in God, which I don't, you've been told he's the creator, so he must have created everything, not only light.
      emotions are also the evil ones. Positivity and negativity bring emotions alike.

and in all your statements you're just implying what I think. Positive and negative go together.
      what's your point?

37. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

Tantrum

Why are you acting like an obnoxious five year old child?

I came into this discussion wanting to offer something of a constructive manner. We are all on a learning curve in an age of new coming.

Instead this is taking a turn for the worse, resulting into small time insults that one could find in a school playground. Lets try to be diplomatic here.

You feel darkness can prevail light as light prevails darkness.

Fine, that's your perspective, now can we move on to mature discussion and away from this negative frame of mind, thank you!

Where are the insults ? you've bee insulting me all the time ! what a cheek ! lol lol
      Whoever read your last post can see that lol

38. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Well, I guess I am going to put a damper on things.

What is consciousness?

Answer: Consciousness is your independent ability to form free thoughts and beware of your own existence.

There is no other consciousness in existence, other than Human Consciousness.

Everything else is guided by nature.

When mankind evolved human consciousness, he surpassed the power of nature.

For many years, BEFORE Jesus Christ ever lived, there were millions of nature guided humans, their actions were reactionary and not free of natures guidance.

Jesus Christ wasn't prophet. He was a teacher.

As for requiring to answer to an external authority, I answer to myself. Because, I am my own authority.

I'm not guided to believe in a false idol, which ALL religion perpetuates.

39. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

A. The question is absolutely irrelevant, BECAUSE Allah has got His own definition, description and characteristics which are different from the creations that He created. The foremost point related to Allah is that He is not created, no body created Him.

-------

So what you are saying is "Never question where Allah came from or who created Allah?"

Isn't this unholy? Isn't this a negative response to a situation?

This is further proof that any outside source of a god, or any written down doctrine is precisely a control system. Never question its origin, just obey the command and faith it sits behind. If any outside source of God created everything then the question will always be asked. Who created GOD?

I am not knocking any religion in its face, they are invented to bring order and belief to people.

Despite anything that has been said, people still need a faith and a belief in a system. Without rules and laws, people will do whatever is necessary for survival. The weak will become the victims of the strong, survival of the fittest.

Without any rules, man is more likely to turn bad than good. There must be a law for everyone otherwise there will be anarchy on earth. Man will turn to his animal instincts and become a predator. In this scenario, there would be more bloodshed, crime and wars without any form of control. These things are avoided as long as the doctrine or religion teaches 
    love and kindness.

Whether people believe in religion, governments or accept laws, these things have been put into place to restore some order in the world. The only downside to this is the people who take to the reigns at the top, and what is their true intention and agenda.

If we have people in authority who respects life and wants the best for us then we have a strong faith and belief in our constitution. If we are ruled over by evil conspirators who thrive on money and control we will suffer a life in a regime environment. It will be a matter of time when that is exposed and the right people (people with good intentions) will move in the right directions to restore humanity again. History normally repeats itself in this aspect, but the planet survives and people move on, those that are fortunate to survive any wars. My own parents lived through the bombings of world war 2, they have seen the ups and downs of civilisation in their time. We could very well see out our own.

20 years ago the faith and belief in the system was much stronger. Why has it weakened and why are people now looking for answers? Why are people becoming more suspicious, paranoid and angry with their constitutions and faith systems today?

Now that religion is fast becoming a dying belief because scientific evidence is basically destroying the church and people are now asking for the truth and questioning their own faith. Now with the Internet exposing our governments and picking holes in the media and of people stepping out from the occult societies spilling some beans on the secrets that have been deliberately hidden from the mass population, people are also losing faith with their constitutions and laws.

What we must all be careful of is destroying all the faith systems in operation from religion, governments and law and order because without these faith systems in operation the world will be a much darker place and open to any kind of evil on our own doorstep.

Although corruptness and lies are now becoming very evident within the institutions that govern us and control us today, what is even more worrying is if these were suddenly overthrown and destroyed the corruptness and evil would spill the earth even greater.

Regimes fall and tyrants come and go, and all are replaced eventually. Good times will always follow bad times, but a faith system and belief will always remain because without it, we will all suffer at the hands of our own. Man is a predatory animal, that is fact! Without laws and order or a faith man will kill to survive and man will lose any sense of value, moral and love completely. Sometimes it is better the devil we know they say.

What is my perspective on religion?

I think they are man made belief systems which is not a bad thing as long as they are not based on false or misinformed teachings. The story behind all religions point to early worshipping from much earlier civilisations, but are used wrongly in many circumstances.

When religion changes its doctrines due to scientific discoveries or have been purposely re written to hide origins of life then one must ask the question why?

If any religion is true to their followers then not every religion can possibly be true. Could it be that ALL religions are not telling the full story to their followers?         

What is even more sickening is that people use religions as an excuse for wars. Instead of accepting that they are belief systems to fit their cultures they use their religious beliefs as a weapon to unite others to join them in battle. Isn't this a form of mind control and brainwashing?

Religions can only be pure if they promote peace and for posterity, otherwise people should question their faith.

1. profile image0
      Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What religions are changing due to scientific discovery?

I will be glad if you do not copy the text of whole books in your posts. Regarding the question yes it is irrelevant just as you are asking a male whom did you gave birth to.

Regarding religions, there is only one religion in the whole universe which can satisfy your desire of ultimate peace and the religion is ISLAM. It's more than a religion, a complete way of life. The foremost evidence that it's not man made is that it's foremost book - Qur'an is in it's origional form for more than 1430 years. It's a miracle of miracles. No book whether religious or man made has got this title of preservation. Not a single letter of Qur'an is changed or interpolated for the last 1430 years. It's here for you and me, well preserved.

Due to all the truthfullness of Islam as the only a way of life and religion for all mankind, it became the fastest growing religion on earth.

Some of the references are as follows ...

Muslims, those who believe in Islam, are everywhere in the United States. They may be your doctor or drive your taxi. They may serve you in restaurants or advise you in law. And they increasingly may be in the same foxhole, manning the same position or working on the same aircraft as you … In the United States, Islam is the fastest growing religion …45

45. "Islam Growing in America," American Forces Information Service, October 4, 2001

With some 6 million adherents in the United States, Islam is said to be the nation's fastest-growing religion, fueled by immigration, high birth rates and widespread conversion. One expert estimates that 25,000 people a year become Muslims in this country; some clerics say they have seen conversion rates quadruple since Sept. 11.46

46. The New York Times, October 22, 2001.

A recent issue of Christianity Today, one of America's best-known magazines, contained an article entitled "Are Christians Prepared for Muslims in the Mainstream?" It gives this account of Islam's rise in America:38

One of the most important names associated with this issue is Professor Dianne Eck, known for coining the name "Pluralism Project" for an enterprise in interfaith dialogue. In her book, A New Religious America, she gives an account of what she has determined about Islam's rapid rise:

As Muslims become more numerous and visible in American society, public officials have begun to shift from speaking of "churches and synagogues" to "churches, synagogues, and mosques." The annual observance of the Ramadan month of Muslim fasting now receives public notice and becomes the occasion for portraits of the Muslims next door in the Dallas Morning News or the Minneapolis Star Tribune. The fast-breaking meals called "iftar" at the close of each day have become moments of recognition. In the late 1990s there were iftar observances by Muslim staffers on Capitol Hill, in the Pentagon, and in the State Department. In 1996 the White House hosted the first observance of the celebration of Eid al-Fitr at the end of the month of Ramadan, a practice that has continued. The same year also saw the U.S. Navy commission its first Muslim chaplain, Lieutenant M. Malak Abd al-Muta' Ali Noel, and in 1998 the U.S. Navy's first mosque was opened on the Norfolk Naval Base in Virginia, where Lieutenant Noel was stationed. When 50 sailors attend Friday prayers at this facility, they signal to all of us a new era of American religious life.39

38. The Christianity Today, April 3, 2000.
      39. Dr. Diana L. Eck, "A New Religious America," http://usinfo.state.gov/journals/itdhr/ … e/eck.htm.

Many Americans also are investigating, some for the first time, one of the world's great faiths and oldest civilizations. Bookstores are selling out of copies of the Koran. University classes and teach-ins on the Middle East and Islam are filled to capacity. Middle East scholars are being invited on television news shows repeatedly and being spotted on the street like celebrities. And many everyday Middle Easterners-Muslim or not-are fielding a daily barrage of questions about Islam from neighbors, co-workers and strangers… "We are overwhelmed," said Mahmoud Abdel-Baset, religious director of the Islamic Center of Southern California. Since the attacks, the Los Angeles-based center has hosted a steady stream of dignitaries, including Gov. Gray Davis, Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca and Los Angeles Mayor James K. Hahn... Richard Hrair Dekmejian, a USC professor on Middle Eastern politics, said this thirst for knowledge about Islam is a result of the powerful impact of the Sept. 11 attacks and the general lack of religious knowledge in America.43

43. The Los Angeles Times, September 26, 2001.

This is God's promise to man:

Say: "Truth has come and falsehood has vanished. Falsehood is always bound to vanish." (The Qur'an, 17:81)

40. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

What religions are changing due to scientific discovery?

----------

religious doctrines teaches their followers that

The earth was flat. 
    The sun goes around the earth.
    Lightning and thunder were caused by Satan and his demons.

Science deals with the study of nature, its forces, processes and development. It is based on the analysis of evidence. It assumes, as a working hypothesis, that processes and events happen due to natural causes, not through divine intervention. It rarely intrudes in matters of morality, the existence and nature of deity, spirituality, etc.

Religion deals with matters of faith. Its main basis is often revelation from a deity -- either orally transmitted from generation to generation, recorded in a sacred text, or revealed to individuals through prayer. Most faith groups teach of the existence of one or more deities who created the universe, and continue to play a major role in managing it -- sometimes bypassing the laws of nature to create miracles. A main function of religion is to teach moral principles, mankind's relationship to the god(s) or goddess(es), behavior towards other humans, spiritual matters, etc. 

Many people feel that their own religious tradition is absolutely true, whereas science and all other faiths are artificial and deeply flawed belief systems. Every religion proclaims their doctrines are authentic while other religions are not. Wars are created as a result of or used as an excuse of. Science however practices authenticity and come to their conclusions using intuition and logic. Religious faith systems rely on written text passed down through the ages, written texts that have been re written and tampered with. Christianity is a prime example of this, old testament and new testament.

In the old testament GOD ruled the universe with an Iron fist. In the new testament GOD rules the universe with love and compassion.

Another issue with an outside source of GOD is why GOD never answers anyone's prayers. Why isn't GOD stepping in to stop the evil that is multiplying in the world over the last 2000 years since Christ, today? 

There are many people who say their prayers, practice their faith yet still suffer at the hands of evil. If there was such as thing as an outside GOD source then why is he or she ignoring his or her disciples? Does that make GOD a bad person or incompassionate person? Yet the new testament states GOD helps those who are holy and helps those who show love and compassion. So why is he or she not helping those who show compassion and love?

Areas of overlap and conflict:

Some of the areas where science and religion overlap, and make conflicting claims, are:

Cosmology, geology, astronomy, etc. Many believers within the conservative wing of Christianity claim that the earth is less than 10,000 years of age. They interpret the creation and universal flood stories in the Biblical book of Genesis as being literally true. 95% of scientists reject a literal interpretation of the book of Genesis. They believe that the earth is about 4.5 billion years old, that no world-wide flood has happened, and that humanity, the world and the rest of the universe evolved. 

Linguistics: Most conservative Christians claims that the Tower of Babel story in the Biblical book of Genesis describes precisely a past event in the Middle East in which humanity abandoned a single language. They then separated into many different cultures, with various languages. Scientists generally disagree that languages developed in this manner. 

Medicine: There are many conflicts in health related topics: Some faith groups promote methods of healing that they believe is superior to modern medicine. Physicians tend to disagree in the effectiveness of prayer and state medicines are more effective.   

Some faith groups teach that human personhood begins at the instant of conception. Upon this belief they base their assertion that abortion is the killing of a human being -- a practice than they feel should be seriously restricted. Scientists teach that life becomes human life much later in pregnancy and that abortion is sometimes the least immoral choice.

Some faith groups believe that only God gives life and only God should take it away and they oppose physician assisted suicide. Some physicians believe that when a terminally ill person is in intractable pain and wishes to die that physicians should be allowed to assist them in dying.

Religious events: Various faith groups make certain claims about historical events.   One example is the belief by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Mormons, that there were three mass migrations from Palestine to North America circa 600 BCE. This belief has been rejected by many archaeologists. 

Human sexuality: Many conservative Christian groups teach that homosexual behavior is not normal, is unnatural, is chosen, is not genetically determined, and can be changed through prayer and counseling. Researchers into human sexuality generally believe that homosexual orientation is normal for a small percentage of the human race, is natural, is not chosen, is partly determined by one's genes, and cannot be changed through prayer and counseling. 

Generally speaking, in these areas of overlap:

When religious claims are evaluated using scientific methods, they are found to be false.

A study of the myths in the Bible also reveal many interesting discoveries. The issue can certainly be debated until we’re all long gone but it would appear that the stories of the Bible, written around 200 BCE, are actually a re-telling of stories from much earlier on – thousands of years earlier! The Sumerian’s documented the stories of the Bible in the third millennium BCE! Their stories offer some of the best accounts of our creation and the events of early Mesopotamia. Yet, our Religion-based society continues to propagate the rewriting of our history for its own means.

There is no secret that the canonized version of the Bible from Constantine’s’ day has left out many relative books. The Gnostic's; Book of Thomas; etc., were not represented because they were either not available at the time OR they contradicted the message Constantine wished to deliver to solidify his rule as Emperor. If you compare the various Christian religions you’ll find that different versions of the Bible are used. Some have incorporated the “found books” while others continue to ignore their existence and suggest that they are not legitimate.

Now, consider this. What “if” the events of the Bible are more-or-less true. What “if” the events in the Old and New Testaments really did happen pretty much along the lines we’re told they did but… much earlier!

There is significant proof to date the Pyramids to around 11,000 BCE for their construction. Certainly, with our technology of today we could build such monuments to the precision of these great structures – but… what about back in 11,000 BCE? The Humans of the Bible were farmers and Shepard’s. The technology didn’t exist to create such structures. Now, look at the Maya and their Calendar. Their understanding of astronomy and astrology far exceeded their ability to understand the stars yet they provided us with a calendar, which has been exacting. The examples of technology exist through out our history yet scholars often refuse to consider this when putting together their thesis or journals. It isn’t mainstream science, thus it would bring way too much attention and critique and essentially ruin their career. But why?

By exploring these facts, we change everything we’ve ever believed in. We start to question our faith. We have to because what we’ve been taught isn’t what really happened. Most lies are based in truth at some point. Often, good intentions turn sour. Now, add thousands of years into the mix and you’ll find an alarming trend of using Religion to control. Fearing God (yet God is good, right? He cares about us and our well-being, right?) and tossing around the Devil has kept Religious leaders in power and often carved the way for Kings to reach a status of divinity among his subjects.

The fact is, if you research you’ll find that the events of the Bible just don’t add up with the time these events are said to have occurred.

Next, one must consider that the stories of Jesus are a retelling of Pagan myth. Osiris was also a man-god who was born of a virgin and carried out miracles (which by the way closely parallel those of Jesus nearly word-for-word). Let's consider that the Pagan’s worshipped many gods and that this belief system dates back long before the Biblical times. Any modern religion is an adaptation of pagan worshipping. The only main difference is the change of names and places to suit each culture and locality.

Many have questioned the “virgin birth”. Why is this so difficult a concept to accept? We have the technology to impregnate a female who has never experienced intercourse. So, right away, the idea of a virgin birth has to be considered plausible based on our own level of technology, today.

If this birth were between an advanced being and a Human, the offspring might have some advanced abilities. Even if the offspring didn’t, the ability of the “father” who IS an advanced being could give that impression should he intervene on behalf of the son. Actually, all of the events spoken of about Osiris/Jesus persona could actually be factual. To the people of the time, simple things we take for granted today would seem like miracles.

The true problem rests with our version of the Bible. We singularize the gods. One must consider though that the “god” of the Old Testament isn’t the same god of the New Testament. A simple review of the Bible will help to identify this. As I mentioned beforehand, One god ruled with an iron fist. The other, with mercy and compassion. There is no doubt that a power struggle would occur between the gods. If we are indeed offspring of these beings, then we are the best evidence of this. Thus, it would make sense that there would be “groups” of gods who would have told their servants to honor no other god but himself. It makes sense that this would be the cause for suddenly making the Pagan plurality of gods into the Jewish and Christian singularity of God.

The study of the Pagan beliefs is truly fascinating. It must be studied with an open-mind because the idea of these deities is so foreign to the common belief system it becomes difficult to absorb.

Early worshipping, etchings on cave walls, pyramid walls and Sumerian tablets are the closest thing to real religion which all points to spirituality and multi dimensional existence!!!!

Well, many of the Native American prophecies tend to point to the year 2012 of some major change or catastrophe. The Mayan calendar ends in 2012. The Hopi Prophecy Rock points to a certain path we must travel, etc. The Inca prophecies also point to around 2012. They speak of the coming of the next density of existence. We’ve been able to extrapolate that this will be a time of ascension. This ascension isn’t too dissimilar to the “catching up” or the “rapture” as spoken of in the Bible. Those who’ve become spiritually awakened (aware of their place in the Universe) will ascend into the next plain of existence.

There will be many view points on similar topics. There will be many who agree and many who disagree. In the end, only the reader can choose to explore for his/herself or continue to stand true to his/her faith and trust in the authority of their Church. It would be sad for people to not explore the role of Religion in controlling the population. It would be sad for people to not explore the way the various Churches have changed their doctrine to stay modern with the times. The RC Church said that the Earth was the center of the Universe and threatened early scientists who offered proof of the contrary. The RC Church now admits that Evolution is more than just a theory and accepts it as a more plausible means than Intelligent Design – yet, in the scenario explained above, the Intelligent Design is actually a fact!! How can anyone stand true to Religion when it continues to change its doctrine? If Religion were unyielding and thus supported by the science, that fortitude to stay true to Religion would be understandable. Unfortunately, science and Religion do not stand together and the only thing bending is Religion.

As spiritual people, we need to have a faith system. We rely upon our faith to help us through tough times. We pray to God to help us. What if the being that is helping us isn’t the God we’re praying to but rather, a galactic consciousness intervening on our behalf? What if it is simply coincidence? Again, the theories can abound but the facts can not so easily be dismissed by those who are enlightened and want to know more.

Are we in the end-times? That is merely a matter of personal perception. The Earth isn’t going to end in 2012 and neither is life.

Look at Egypt; Atlantis and other great early cultures. What happened to them? Where did they go? Why did so many different races and religions resurface much later? Was there a purpose for this? Are religions, races and split languages created to split the masses from the elite bloodlines? Are we living in a controlled reality? Why are we suppressed of early knowledge and origins of life and left to speculate and argue over faith systems and evolution?

Islam and Qur'an does not teaches you the earth is flat. There is not a single scientific fact which is against Qur'an. Take for instance the following.

Regarding the ORIGIN OF THE UNIVERSE:
      The creation of the universe is explained by astrophysicists as a widely accepted phenomenon, popularly known as ‘The Big Bang’. It is supported by observational and experimental data gathered by astronomers and astrophysicists for decades. According to “The Big Bang”, the whole universe was initially one big mass (Primary Nebula). Then there was a BIG BANG (Secondary Separation) which resulted in the formation of Galaxies. These then divided to form stars, planets, the sun, the moon, etc. The origin of the universe was unique and the probability of it happening by “chance” is nill. The Qur’an contains the following verse regarding the origin of the universe:

“Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of Creation), before We clove them asunder?” Qur’an Ch 21:V30

The striking similarity between the Qur’anic verse and ‘The Big Bang’ is inescapable! How could a book, which first appeared in the deserts of Arabia 1400 years ago, contain this profound scientific truth?

Regarding the IMPERMANENCE OF THE SUN'S EXISTENCE:
      The light of the sun is due to a chemical process on its surface that has been taking place continuously for the past five billion years. It will come to an end at some point of time in the future, when the sun will be totally extinguished, leading to extinction of all life on earth. Regarding the impermanence of the sun’s existence, the Qur’an says:

“And the Sun runs its course for a period determined for it; that is the decree of (Him) the exalted in Might, the All-Knowing.” Qur’an Ch 36:V38

The Arabic word used here is mustaqarr, which means a place or time that is determined. Thus the Qur’an says that the sun runs towards a determined place, and will do so only up to a pre-determined period of time – meaning that it will end or extinguish.

Regarding the MOONLIGHT IS REFLECTED LIGHT
      It was believed by earlier civilizations that the moon
      emanates its own light. Science now tells us that the light of the moon is reflected light. However this fact was mentioned in the Qur’an 1,400 years ago in the following verse:

“Blessed is He Who made Constellations in the skies,
      and placed therein a Lamp and a Moon giving light.” [Al-Qur’an 25:61]

The Arabic word for the moon is qamar and it is described in the Qur’an as muneer which is a body that gives noor i.e. reflected light. Again, the Qur’anic description matches perfectly with the true nature of the moon which does not give off light by itself and is an inactive body that reflects the light of the sun. Not once in the Qur’an, is the moon mentioned as siraaj, wahhaaj or diya nor the sun as noor or muneer. This implies that the Qur’an recognizes the difference between the nature of sunlight and moonlight.

Regarding the SHAPE OF THE EARTH
      In early times, people believed that the earth was flat. For centuries, men were afraid to venture out too far, for fear of falling off the edge! Sir Francis Drake was the first person who proved that the earth is spherical when he sailed around it in 1597. The earth is not exactly round like a ball, but geo-spherical, i.e. it is flattened at the poles. The following verse contains a description of the earth’s shape:

“And the earth, moreover, hath He made egg shaped.” [Al-Qur’an 79:30]

The Arabic word for egg here is dahaahaa1 which means an ostrich-egg. The shape of an ostrich-egg resembles the geo-spherical shape of the earth. Thus the Qur’an correctly describes the shape of the earth, though the prevalent notion when the Qur’an was revealed was that the earth was flat.

41. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

While on the subject, lets look at some famous quotes from scientists and religious institutes which conflict each other.

The great Albert Einstein;

"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. The religion which is based on experience, which refuses dogmatism. If there's any religion that would cope the scientific needs it will be Buddhism…"

"All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom."

---------

Ulugh-Beg

"The religions disperse, kingdoms fall apart, but works of science remain for all ages."
    -- Ulugh-Beg

----------

Pope Pius XII

"One Galileo in two thousand years is enough."

-----------

Mark Twain, a Biography

"The Church has opposed every innovation and discovery from the day of Galileo down to our own time, when the use of anesthetics in childbirth was regarded as a sin because it avoided the biblical curse pronounced against Eve. And every step in astronomy and geology ever taken has been opposed by bigotry and superstition. The Greeks surpassed us in artistic culture and in architecture five hundred years before Christian religion was born."

------------

Mike Huben

"Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt."

------------

F. M. Knowles

"Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate."

-------------

Bertrand Russell,

"Religion is based, I think, primarily and mainly upon fear. It is partly the terror of the unknown and partly, as I have said, the wish to feel that you have a kind of elder brother who will stand by you in all your troubles and disputes. Fear is the basis of the whole thing -- fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand. It is because fear is at the basis of those two things. In this world we can now begin a little to understand things, and a little to master them by help of science, which has forced its way step by step against the Christian religion, against the churches, and against the opposition of all the old precepts. Science can help us to get over this craven fear in which mankind has lived for so many generations. Science can teach us, and I think our own hearts can teach us, no longer to look around for imaginary supports, no longer to invent allies in the sky, but rather to look to our own efforts here below to make this world a better place to live in, instead of the sort
    of place that the churches in all these centuries have made it."

---------------

David Nye

"…it dawned on me that a universe without deities was simpler and more internally consistent. The beauty and simplicity with which atheism, materialism (on the mind/body question), moral relativism, and other philosophical ideas all just fell into place has eliminated any doubt that I could be mistaken. I didn't realize until then how much cognitive dissonance the little logical inconsistencies in my previous beliefs had created. It is really wonderful for that to be gone. Atheism has given me more inner peace than religion ever could have."

-------------

Adolf Hitler

"We can learn by the example of the Catholic Church. Though its doctrinal edifice… comes into collision with exact science and research, it is none the less unwilling to sacrifice so much as one little syllable of its dogmas. It has recognized quite correctly that its power of resistance does not lie in its lesser or greater adaptation to the scientific findings of the moment, which in reality are always fluctuating, but rather in rigidly holding to dogmas once established, for it is only such dogmas which lend to the whole body the character of faith. And so it stands today more firmly than ever."

---------------

Who here is supporting religion or more significantly the catholic church in particular which is most revealing?

Adolf Hitler.

Another interesting find.

Albert Einstien

“We, the people of this beautiful planet, are really beings made of energy, but we exist at the 3rd dimension because our atoms have a specific frequency which makes us able to exist in this very 3rd dimension. This specific frequency is stable enough for all our lifetime. Using this information, if we are indeed capable of accelerating and decelerating the frequencies to make us able to exist in the 3rd dimension, then naturally, we can use this in order to travel inter-dimensionally throughout the infinite multiverse…and here lies the key to the true evolution of the human being race. Once we learn, or progress far enough, to accelerate and decelerate the vibrating frequencies of our atoms, then, in theory, we will be able to exist in the 5th dimension and in parallel universes of this wonderful multiverse."

So with this quotation, what IS the real religion or REALITY we are living in?

Is physical life just an illusion based on awareness and spiritual development?

42. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

lets see who can write the longest post...and GO!

43. pioneer_writer5 profile image57
    pioneer_writer5posted 14 years ago

I think that consciousness is the awareness of being alive. Any creature that exists outside of plant life has an awareness of its existence. It eats, excretes wastes and understands when its survival is threatened. Now the difference in awareness between an insect and a human is that the human has the higher consciousness, an awareness that is able to reason and understand more than just existing. An awareness that quests for answers to the ontological questions all men seek.

44. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

WHAT IS CONSCIOUSNESS?     Surely, the exact opposite of UNconsciousness.... smile

45. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

Allah is the source or god the creator of everything.

----------------------

So WHO created Allah? Is Allah a living organism or is Allah a theory?

If there is such a thing as an outside source of GOD consciousness then how did that GOD consciousness originate?

Are we not ALL of the same consciousness of one source?

This would explain how each of us can individually access god consciousness. Otherwise how can a person have access to a separate consciousness?

A GOD consciousness is either ONE for all to access or a separate conscious that cannot be accessed.

Think about it.   

If ALLAH is a theory or expression then ALLAH is just another form of BUDDISM.

The way ALLAH is portrayed to my belief is that ALLAH is an expression of self and not of an outside GOD entity with a separate conscious.

This is why I only believe in self consciousness of god and not some outside source of god that is a separate entity or being.

Anyone who can access god consciousness is surely under ONE consciousness that ALL can access god.

Is GOD no matter what name it falls under in each culture be merely an HIGHER STATE of awareness and consciousness of SELF?

If so, then any outside source of god is surely a hoax and any religion that teaches its followers so is teaching false doctrines.

Just my observation.

No one created Allah the light , god is beyond time and any sort of form, that why he is called god.

God consciousness if the highest form of consciousness and many are not aware of this state.

We all come from the same source but like the Holy Vedas puts the human species round 5,000 ( not sure of this number) according to the consciousness levels they are in.

We can all access god consciousness, we can all become a Buddha or Jesus or Shiva.

The sate of Buddha is connecting to Allah which is just another nae for god.

Allah is within and without.

Yes god is the highest state of self awareness or consciousness.

God is a omnipresent so god is outside of you as well. smile

46. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

self awareness.the ability to reason and to think....of trying to be good ...improve onself....and reach the ideal??

"it is not the consciousness which determines the being, it is the being which determines the consciuosness"

47. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

The true religion is spirituality, self discovery of divine consciousness, no matter what name or ideology it falls under to suit a particular culture.

This is what fanatics don't understand. They preach that their perception of religion is just or genuine without considering that spirituality hides behind many faces to suit cultures.

You hit the nail on the head when you stated GOD can only be discovered through divine consciousness where we can all become a Buddha or Jesus or Shiva.

This means NO particular religion or faith system is genuine, and it is only the fanatics or preachers of hate that incite wars out of religion. These are the false prophets.

So to anyone who thinks their particular religion is the only source to connect with GOD, you are no different to a fanatic and cannot understand that spirituality or god consciousness is there for anyone to discover.

I support no religion or cult, I pray to nobody in particular and I have never gone to church. However, I have found my GOD consciousness, I have connected with the divine spirit in me through meditation.

I feel no need or urge to preach to others that my religion of self awareness is the only path to divine spirit. I am no fanatic and certainly no cultist.

I know GOD is inside of me, but I also know GOD is inside all of us. It is down to the individual to discover and connect with GOD consciousness. This can only be achieved through self, although religion and a church can help.

The only difference between a church or religion and the self is that the self follows no ideology or doctrine. The self masters his or her own duality of emotion and physical senses and balances them accordingly to connect with the higher awareness.

This can only be achieved through unconditional love and a balanced soul.

So in theory, a preacher of hate is not holy and is not in touch with the divine spirit.

Logic and intuition on both scales of the spectrum points this out. A balanced conscious would never preach hate or incite war.

You are absolutely correct I call those who give more importance to the messenger than the message - fanatics. smile

They have not understood anything and fool themselves into thinking they are every holy by saying so and so is the greatest .

No master or prophet can possibly side with any one religion, if he does he is a fake. smile
      He will direct you towards meditation. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)