jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is man a machine or is he more?

1. Crosseyed profile image59
    Crosseyedposted 6 years ago

Is man a machine or is he more?

2. Crosseyed profile image59
    Crosseyedposted 6 years ago

For some more information on what I am talking about look here: http://crosseyed.hubpages.com/hub/relativism. I'll also be posting some detailed information on my view, but I want to see what you all believe out there. Also, include what you think man is. I think he is a physical creature with a soul and he was created by the Christian God of the Bible.

3. archana srivastav profile image51
    archana srivastavposted 6 years ago

man is not machine. machine is a non living thing, while man is living being. SO there cannot be any similarity between man and machine. Ya now-a-days it becomes a dialogue of every day that life is machine, it is said just because of mechanization of life.

4. allaboutseo profile image58
    allaboutseoposted 6 years ago

Machine  is efficient man is less efficient....... Man is Intelligent machine is not....!!!!

5. profile image0
    AmyRainbowposted 6 years ago

Man created machine. Although this is probably not what you meant by the question.
    Man is influenced in his decisions by emotion, and context. He is more than just work, he is living, breathing, and feeling.
    Man and machine are both similar in the sense that they are not efficient, while nature is one big cycle, both man and machine corrupt this with objects that can never return or be part of the cyclical nature.
    Man cannot be overworked

6. platinumOwl4 profile image75
    platinumOwl4posted 6 years ago

Man is more than and should not be compared to a Machine. You can name a machine that has the ability to be as effiecient as man.

7. leroy64 profile image81
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

For what it is worth, I have always thought that machines are an extension of Man rather than a separate entity.  You know, a stick extends your reach and a computer expands your memory.  Both items are pointless objects without Man.

8. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Humans are like living machines.  If you think about it, computers are based on and mimic the human brain.  But at the same time, we have a life force, or soul, directing our course.  We also have free will, which machines don't have (yet).

9. vidhimayur profile image61
    vidhimayurposted 6 years ago

Man is not machine but technological developments is leading man towards a future where tha tday is not far where man would reduce his status to just being a machine void of emotions. But man is much much more than a machine whose heart beats for people around him.

10. profile image47
    henrydixonposted 5 years ago

Man is not a machine...
    He creates and manage the machine...
    I am a man and handle the needham-laser machine but i am not working as a machine but i am working as a human to handle the machine....

working