jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are your feelings when you are at a burial or cremation?

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

What are your feelings when you are at a burial or cremation?

2. HERBERT ubaldo profile image59
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

It seems that you cannot move, feeling lonely

3. makusr profile image60
    makusrposted 6 years ago

Jollyji Pranam.
    We all know that at the burial or cremation we feel a sort of detachment towards the physical things and to the world and the life as a whole. This is often referred to as knowledge of the burial ground. In almost all the cases it ceases to operate once you are away from all and may linger long if your bereavement is personal.

4. Mikel G Roberts profile image78
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

I feel pity/sympathy for those left behind that will miss the prescense of the person that has died.

I hope the beliefs I have come to accept as truth are true, and the departed is looking back at me thinking you were right, it will be alright, WE will all be alright.

I anticipate the day when it will be my turn to discover what comes next.

5. Daniella Lopez profile image91
    Daniella Lopezposted 6 years ago

I usually try to remember all the happy times I had with the person that has passed. I try to remember what they did and what kind of impact they had in my life. Some of these memories are uplifting and allows me to find some peace in such a difficult time.

6. profile image10
    saisarannagaposted 6 years ago

Life is ephemeral. Nothing lasts here. Kings and beggars are one and the same in the domain of death. None bring anything into the world nor he takes even a speck of sand when he departs. None can accompany the death except God!

7. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

(Well at least I used to say this) What the hell am I doing here?  I don't feel comfortable going to just anyones funeral just because I have known them while they were alive.  There are a few people I will indeed have to pay my respects to one last time.  I would think memories would be at the core.  Please don't take my comment as an insult if you have recently lost someone that is dear to you.  I'm just responding to your question

8. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

I think that I probably have about 20 yrs left on this earth so I had better make the most of it !!

But I may live to 92 like my mum in which case I have about  28 yrs left...still not long is it ?

9. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

I picture myself in that position and how sad my family will be when I die. We all will have to travel that road so I don't well on it.

working