jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What suggestion's do you all have on "must have" herbs for a Moon/Witchy/Magicka

1. WoodlandFae profile image58
    WoodlandFaeposted 6 years ago

What suggestion's do you all have on "must have" herbs for a Moon/Witchy/Magickal Garden?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5686699_f260.jpg

2. kittythedreamer profile image98
    kittythedreamerposted 6 years ago

Basil, mint, rosemary, thyme, lavender, chamomile, mustard, the list could go on and on and on!

3. Daniella Lopez profile image97
    Daniella Lopezposted 6 years ago

A "must have" herb for me is Lavender. It is such a calming and soothing herb. It helps people relax and sleep well. Also, it's great for cooking! =P

Blessed be!

4. goego profile image82
    goegoposted 6 years ago

marijuana, psilocybe cyanescens, and absinthe shooters. kidding, purple sage is my favorite.

5. Gemsong profile image76
    Gemsongposted 6 years ago

When it comes to gardening I don't really have a green thumb, but I do have some herbs that I haven't been able to kill so I think that is a good sign.

I have sage, rosemary, thyme (insert song here). I also have lilac and lavender bushes.  I consider these staples in my wiccan cabinet of herbs. I also collect various items depending upon the season. I collect clover in the spring, tree bark, flowers and the like.

Just look around and there is a lot of items you can collect and preserve just in the neighborhood. The Goddess often provides where you least expect it.

6. WoodlandFae profile image58
    WoodlandFaeposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone!
    @gemsong I lived this "The Goddess often provides where you least expect it"
    @goego Lmao loved it :-)

7. Cresentmoon2007 profile image72
    Cresentmoon2007posted 6 years ago

There are a whole bunch of herbs that I could suggest to you. I feel that the most important to have are basil, thyme, lemon balm, and lavender.

8. AnnNoE profile image60
    AnnNoEposted 6 years ago

Sage is my favorite. I have also grown the requisite parsley, rosemary and thyme. I would also try to grow any herb you would need for your acitivities or for cooking - I find going into the garden and cutting my own herbs while giving thanks to Earth Mother is very fulfilling.

9. Shawn May Scott profile image60
    Shawn May Scottposted 6 years ago

You have had some great suggestions. I grow patchouli, clarey sage, lavender of several differnt types, thyme, mint, sage, chive, lemon balm, roses, basil, oregano, rosemary, lilacs, lovage, summer savory, and several I have fogotten at this moment. If that is a picture of your garden make sure to check the size of the plants you put in, otherwise it may over grow quickly. You can use containers as well, this will not only increase your growing space but add some whimsy to the yard!!!

10. profile image0
    ChleotheWitchposted 5 years ago

For me the must have herbs in a Magick Garden are Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, and Lavender. There may be more but I think those are basically the ones that are the definite must have!

working