jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Christians wasting our time.

1. whoisbid profile image74
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Christians wasting our time.

Do you think that most people calling themselves "christian" are wasting people's time? I can't see anything that comes near to the way to the selfless love that existed in the character named jesus christ in anyone publicly calling himself a christian. I no longer want to waste my time with those groups of people who speak about Jesus and act as though they follow a devil. Where on earth can you find a real christian? What do you think?

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image76
    Nouveau Skepticposted 6 years ago

People only waste the time you give them.

3. thejeffriestube profile image74
    thejeffriestubeposted 6 years ago

And way to make a gross generalization. Classic logic flaw.

4. Faceless39 profile image91
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

They can't even follow Thou Shalt Not Kill.  I wrote an entire hub about the true Christ, and it's one of my least popular hubs.  People use Christ as a "tool" of convenience to legitimatize their sins.  When he "died for your sins" that meant that every time you sin, you're killing him again--not that you're now home free.

IMO, religion, Christianity, the holier than thou--it's all meaningless because nobody understands:  Thou Shalt Not Kill.  If you can't follow the simplest of rules, you can't know compassion, you can't know GOD.

http://faceless39.hubpages.com/hub/God-Is-A-Vegetarian

5. profile image0
    darknight444posted 6 years ago

i know it s e probleme it does not just stop there but it go ti changes  now crisitianity is e lot changed from it original texts

but even with  that i m not cristian but cristian is e lot greater than e lot s of libirales  or idol worishper

6. Brooke Lorren profile image59
    Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years ago

How would we be wasting your time?  Are people forcing you to go to church, or are you constantly being bombarded with people trying to convert you?  Are you complaining about the Christian Hubs on this site that waste a second or two as you have to click "hop" when you are hopping hubs?  You might be living in a different part of the world than I am, so I don't know.

There are a lot of people that claim to be Christian but really aren't.  Then there are people that are Christians but aren't very serious about it, or are new Christians and are still learning things.  We're all flawed though.  Anybody who tells you that they are perfect is telling a lie, whether they are Christian or not.

If I were to take a guess though, I would guess that a vast majority of people who say they are Christians really aren't that serious about it.  You can see this by taking a look at some of the programs or ideologies that some of these churches teach - often deliberately going against what the Bible says.

As far as wasting your time, I don't know.  I enjoy a good debate every now and then, but I wouldn't really want to engage with an unwilling participant.  We all have to make our own minds about what we want to believe - that's what free will is all about.

7. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I believe Christians should keep their religion or beliefs to themselves. Why? Because they constantly bother me. Yes, I am a Christian. However, I refuse to go to church because I do not get along with other Christian's. They are highly judgemental, give too many opinions, and believe it is their job to spread their faith.
    If you believe something, keep it to yourself. I will judge and observe the religions and choose which one I think seems better according to my thought process.

8. He Who Triumphs profile image61
    He Who Triumphsposted 6 years ago

As a Christian, Whoisbid, I wish I could sincerely apologize to the whole world for the way we have talked the talk and not walked the walk.  Ghandi once said, "I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."  I agree.  Christians today really suck at loving God and other people.  But I promise you, from the bottom of my heart, there are real Christians out there that are changing people's lives without saying anything about the gospel, but simply living it.  They're not perfect; no one is, but they are growing and trying their best to go out and show people the love of Christ with their actions, not words.  I promise.  And I pray that some come to you.

9. profile image0
    technibzposted 5 years ago
  10. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

I think you should start praying to God to lead you to the real Christians, not the hypocrites you are seeing.  Of course you should pray for the hypocrites as well, maybe they are new in their walk and don't know any better because they are not reading their bibles and praying and not growing in the Lord.

You can start praying that you will grow into the person (Christian) that God wants you to be and pray for all of God's people whether baby or mature believers.  Keep reading your Bible and praying and ask God to lead you to a real church fellowship where you will grow close to Him and fellow believers.  Even if it doesn't happen right away, keep praying.  Maybe God wants you to Himself for a while because you'll be more focused on Him and not other people.

working